PDA

View Full Version : simple poll

Coug_AR
12-02-2005, 12:38 PM
any comments?

HEUER
12-02-2005, 1:04 PM
Detachable magazine. What Ted said. I agree.

Stanze
12-02-2005, 1:22 PM
Why else would we put up with "2nd or 3rd choice" firearms? Cos' they have the one thing that's considered a "deal-maker", the ability to accept a detachable magazine, bonus points if it's for a readily available type of magazine, such as a AR.

The fact that CA-legal PC neutered guns and mags exist, and specially designed practical guns are made available in our concentration camp of a state means that we are at war(albiet a "cold-non-violent" war) with those who have taken your freedom.

I'm so disgusted I could do nasty things to our state flag.:mad:

shopkeep
12-02-2005, 1:59 PM
It's all about detachable magazines... and I will admit that although the gun grabbers in the capitol are for the most part dull and dim-witted in their knowledge of firearms, they definitely got that one correct. They're efforts to ban detachable magazines are well founded because they are indeed a very powerful capability in terms of reloading very high capacities.

Also as noted we are resisting thanks to companies like Kel Tech and hard working individuals like Atherd (see his gorgeous CTR-2).

C.G.
12-02-2005, 2:15 PM
I think this one is a no brainer, detachable if you can.

ivanimal
12-02-2005, 2:29 PM
The best possible scenario would be a detachable mag gun with stripper capability, like the FAL if you change out the top. This allows you to carry a lot more ammo in the same space. I believe the older enfields albeit bolt action were the first to employ this method. Gotta love an english gun designed by an american.

JH2
12-02-2005, 5:24 PM
I vote detachable mag.

Ivanimal, good point bringing up the stripper capable rifles with detachable mags. Good for topping off if the heat is not too bad. I forgot my M1A had a stripper clip guide. I guess I need to get it out more often.

Jim

MadMex
12-02-2005, 5:34 PM
Can one of the stripper clip fans elaborate on why they voted as such?

Thanks

SLB
12-02-2005, 6:43 PM
They must love their FAL. ;)

- N

Coug_AR
12-02-2005, 10:20 PM
I forgot my M1A had a stripper clip guide.
Jim

Hey, thanks yall for the input. the M1A can be loaded via stripper clip? wow, I think my decision between the DSA SA-58 Cali model, vs. the SA M1A has just been decided.

capitol
12-03-2005, 7:01 PM
Can one of the stripper clip fans elaborate on why they voted as such?

Thanks

they own FALS or the likes of a Fab 10. Stripper clip vs detachable mag?

No contest

Veritas_223
12-04-2005, 10:40 AM
"Can one of the stripper clip fans elaborate on why they voted as such?"

Both systems have merit. However, I found my SVT-40s and Hakim are very easy to load using surplus stripper clips. My SKS is very easy to load with the correct surplus stripper clips. Newer made SKS strippers clips like those sold by Tapco are crap, they dont work right. Purchased Chicom surplus 7.62x39 on strippers from a Forum member, it was like night and day.

http://www.surplusrifle.com/svt40/index.asp

http://www.surplusrifle.com/hakim/index.asp

-keith in mtn. view
12-04-2005, 4:00 PM
What no <i>en-bloc</i> clip?! ;-) I have a pretty easy time loading my K-31 (which has a detachable magazine) with "chargers" - they're a bit different that the typical "stripper clip" but work the same way - it doesn't slow me down much in the rapids. With the garand I'd rather load a full clip than a partial but it's possible. If you really want to hit the dirt and get down as close as you can on your belly a big detachable magazine and high sights kinda makes you stick your neck up there, doesn't it? :-)

shopkeep
12-05-2005, 1:48 AM
SKS guns load FAST as heck with stripper clips and my Mauser K98 loads fast with stripper clips too. But that only really gives you an advantage vs. older mil surplus rifles where the capacity is generally 10 or 20. When it comes to detachable mags loading 30 and 40 rounds per magazine there's just no contest. You'd have to reload 3 or 4 times and there's no way you can do that fast enough.

That's like saying "Bolt Action vs. Black Powder".