PDA

View Full Version : Calguns, what do YOU want from us?

Riflegear
12-19-2009, 8:58 AM
Well, we've got a new year coming and we want to hear from YOU guys and gals, our customers, what new and exciting products YOU want us to carry and add to our lineup.

In the last few months we've worked really hard to add more guns to the store and more products to the website, but we're always on the look-out for new stuff to carry.

And BTW, if it's a Magpul product, don't worry, we already carry it, have it on order, or plan to carry it :)

A few customers in another thread mentioned that they wanted us to start carrying the Slip2000 line, and that's something that we are looking into.

So this year, what do YOU want to see us carry?

wooward
12-19-2009, 9:54 AM
It would be cool if you carried:

JP Enterprises Yellow spring kit, JPS3.5 http://www.jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPS3.5

Adams Arms Gas Piston System http://www.adamsarms.net/

Advanced Armament Corp (AAC) Blackout Flash Suppressor http://www.advanced-armament.com/product.aspx?pid=29

Riflegear
12-19-2009, 9:57 AM
It would be cool if you carried:

JP Enterprises Yellow spring kit, JPS3.5 http://www.jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPS3.5

Those came in just this week, but aren't on the website yet :)

Adams Arms Gas Piston System http://www.adamsarms.net/

Unfortunately we've already been down that road and no longer carry them with no plans for the future. We're tossing around the idea of carrying the CMMG piston kit conversions.

Advanced Armament Corp (AAC) Blackout Flash Suppressor http://www.advanced-armament.com/product.aspx?pid=29

Good idea! We'll see!

OC Gun
12-20-2009, 7:14 PM
10/22 aftermarket receivers such as NDS, VQ, or TI as well as some 10/22 high end products, bolts, triggers etc.

Maybe more high end AR parts.

pennys dad
12-20-2009, 9:24 PM
RRA rifles

johnrunner89
12-20-2009, 10:20 PM
Ammo, more AR accessories and reloading stuff!

jrau13
12-21-2009, 3:50 AM
Ammo would be nice.

Casual_Shooter
12-21-2009, 8:28 AM
I broached this subject with one of the admins and I think it may be appropriate here...

In an effort to increase CGF's donations, I would recommend vendors offer a certain % off a sale for every donation to CGF.

e.g. 10% off any $100 order for every $20 or more donation to CGF. (could be any donation amount you deem appropriate).

This way, someone who donates to CGF could offset the donation with savings from a vendor.

Vendors may get a few more orders, CGF may get a few more donations, members get a little extra for their donation and if GunPal is used- they get some more exposure also.

This could be tracked by having the forum member send in their GunPal receipt for their donation with their order from the vendor.

Harley
12-21-2009, 9:06 AM
1) SIG SAUER P556 pistol Swat
2) Lancaster AK47 rifles & pistols
3) Ammo
4) Better and more competitive pricing. :)

troysland
12-21-2009, 9:18 AM
Any thoughts on expansion? Second location? Perhaps closer to Los Angeles? Keep up the great work, guys!

pwall
12-21-2009, 10:28 AM
I wanna see more masterpiece arms stuff in there! Specifically the mpa930!:43:
XP4KlPxuxvQ

dellgsg5
12-21-2009, 10:31 AM
Sig Sauer 522
ammo

radioburning
12-21-2009, 10:45 AM
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii23/ruscustoms/Eastern%20block%20custom%20work/IMG_0592.jpg

Sillyguy
12-21-2009, 2:48 PM
Riflebeer...
oh wait..you already carry that!! :)

vinny_land
12-21-2009, 10:13 PM
18'' uppers
RRA predator pursuit uppers

Saym14
12-21-2009, 10:46 PM
semi - auto pistols on the Cali roster. or used ones not on the roster. And riflle and pistol mag rebuild kits.

Cokebottle
12-21-2009, 11:22 PM
I broached this subject with one of the admins and I think it may be appropriate here...

In an effort to increase CGF's donations, I would recommend vendors offer a certain % off a sale for every donation to CGF.

e.g. 10% off any $100 order for every $20 or more donation to CGF. (could be any donation amount you deem appropriate).

This way, someone who donates to CGF could offset the donation with savings from a vendor.

Vendors may get a few more orders, CGF may get a few more donations, members get a little extra for their donation and if GunPal is used- they get some more exposure also.

This could be tracked by having the forum member send in their GunPal receipt for their donation with their order from the vendor.
Great idea... or as an alternative, the way another vendor is handling rebuild kits...

Vendor sells "at cost" (or whatever discount), with agreement that the customer's stated amount goes to CGF. IOTW:
Stripped lower lists for $150, RG offers it for $125, plus donation option.
Customer specifies what they want to donate, so if they say $10, RG writes up the ticket for $135. Customer gets a deal, an RG gets a 501(c)(3) tax writeoff of $10.

No need for the customer to donate directly and then bring in potentially forged "evidence" of the donation... it's all done in one stop, and RG gets the tax benefit while the customer saves a few bucks.

zman
12-22-2009, 10:17 AM
You already have the Customer Service part nailed. What will keep me coming back is LOW PRICING :)

Alfmann
12-22-2009, 10:46 AM
Definitely the Slip2000 stuff would be awesome. I ordered straight from them before and shipping wasn't bad. About 4-days I think last I ordered. But you guys get me my stuff in 2-days! :D

How about some gear and rifle bags/cases. IIRC I was there once and I thought I saw someone buy a rifle case to go along with his new rifle (also purchased from there). Or maybe he brought his own case? I just haven't seen any cases/bags on the website so I wasn't sure if you guys sold them or not.

MOLLE gear would be nice. Chest rigs, vests, etc.

Another location would be awesome! Although I don't mind the 2hr drive down there (depends on traffic.. which almost always sux), something closer to Palmdale/Lancaster area is ideal for me. Even if you guys set up in SFV area that would be sweet. I'm down there all the time anyway. If you need someone to work there I'd do it ;) hehehe. Wishful thinking.

OneApart
12-22-2009, 10:50 AM
Mossberg 930SPX??

tomah
12-22-2009, 11:59 AM
10/22 aftermarket receivers such as NDS, VQ, or TI as well as some 10/22 high end products, bolts, triggers etc.

Maybe more high end AR parts.

yea i think 10/22 parts would be fun :)

xm177
12-22-2009, 3:30 PM
MKE 94P imported by ATI. DROS'd as a pistol, but can simply be converted to a rifle by adding a buttstock. No paperwork. Better than their carbine with is completely neutered per ATF regulations. Pistols are not subject to the same rules. :43: Made on HK tooling. AtlanticFirearms.com has them, but won't ship the pistol versions. You said you had contacted ATI...any updates???

http://dealer.americantactical.us/public/product_gallery/products/images/1260288678.jpg

45DAVID1
12-22-2009, 3:44 PM
stag model 8 or ruger sr-556

Quiet
12-22-2009, 8:08 PM
More AK pistols. :43:

novabrian
12-23-2009, 9:02 PM
Saiga 12's!

rtorc
12-23-2009, 9:16 PM
More of the DD complete uppers at holiday prices! :D

seal20
12-23-2009, 9:31 PM
Saiga 12's!

+1 :mnl:

Chaparral
12-30-2009, 11:18 PM
Ditto on the Saiga 12's.

RawImpact
12-30-2009, 11:47 PM
more lowers!

Gryff
12-31-2009, 1:59 AM
The Colt rimfire AR copies.

Gryff
12-31-2009, 1:59 AM
MKE 94P imported by ATI. DROS'd as a pistol, but can simply be converted to a rifle by adding a buttstock. No paperwork.

I thought you couldn't convert a pistol to a rifle without the ATF's permission?

Riflegear
12-31-2009, 8:49 AM
more lowers!

More? Really? We carry quite a large selection of lowers from $119 to $199. What other kinds of lowers do you think we should carry?

I thought you couldn't convert a pistol to a rifle without the ATF's permission?

Nope. Other way around :) Pistol to rifle is 100% kosher without any kind of State or Fed permission (at least in CA)

fcr
12-31-2009, 11:19 AM
More variety like the Socom and Scout. I just read you have it, Handguns, lubes, cleaners that are not common out there. LaRue and try to get KAC also.

The Sauce
01-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Ditto on the Saiga 12's.

Ditto on the ditto and the +1 for Saiga 12s... :D:rolleyes:

WeekendWarrior
01-02-2010, 8:01 PM
secomd location in Bay Area - I would love to give you my money! Also, more complete upper selection - would like it if you added an additional 10-20 upper assembles.

01-03-2010, 11:53 AM
If not mentioned already...

Maybe a wider selection of barrels (complete and stripped)

Bushy, DD, NOVESKE, COLT, etc....

You guys are doing a great job and my favorite shop in the OC!

rulas41
01-04-2010, 1:30 AM
millett 1-4X24 DESIGNATED MARKSMAN SCOPEhttp://www.millettsights.com/controller.php/cat09/dms_reddot

tay
01-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Second location in Bay Area!!!

Visited your store over the Holidays, nothing comparable here in Nor-Cal Bay Area.

jrau13
01-04-2010, 10:37 AM
If not mentioned already...

Maybe a wider selection of barrels (complete and stripped)

Bushy, DD, NOVESKE, COLT, etc....

You guys are doing a great job and my favorite shop in the OC!

:iagree:

zum
01-04-2010, 7:23 PM
Magpul XTM Rail Panels in all colors INSTOCK

is there a reason why you guys don't have these on the site?

i LOVE one stop shopping and this is the only item i was looking for that i didn't find on you site.

sure others have them at 6-7$ a set and i could go there but... you know

01-04-2010, 7:56 PM
How about some BCM stuff...

johnrunner89
01-04-2010, 8:01 PM
Bigger selection of optics....and I'll say it again...Reloading equipment and ammo! :)

H2H
01-04-2010, 8:05 PM
handguns :)

wilafur
01-04-2010, 10:14 PM
gsg's

dcbiii
01-05-2010, 12:56 PM
BCM products. SOOOOO legit.

More Magpul stuff on display. Make up a standard M4gery and put the MOE kit on it, and you'll sell them for days.

I think you could do well with the Smith & Wesson .22 AR's, as well. People want an alternative to the Umarex\Colt guns.

Dangerous1
01-05-2010, 1:17 PM
You guys need a bigger showroom. Maybe you should have your realtor check the lease on that IKEA building across the street. :p

jrau13
01-05-2010, 6:16 PM
Another vote for handguns.

H2H
01-05-2010, 6:17 PM
You guys need a bigger showroom. Maybe you should have your realtor check the lease on that IKEA building across the street. :p

LOL..with the $1 breakfast..:D

Cokebottle
01-05-2010, 8:01 PM
LOL!

My wife commented on how much busier it was when we picked up my lower... told her that of the 4 times I've been in there, the ONLY time there were less than 4 people in there were when we bought that lower.

But seriously... ya. I know real estate isn't cheap and I'm sure there's a huge inventory that prevents moving that rear wall back.... but maybe a 2nd unit in a cheaper business park (but close enough to facilitate easy stock transfers) to handle less-commonly sold stock, plus the bulk of the "redundant" inventory (do you need 80 stripped lowers in one location every day?) and to handle internet sales and double the size of the existing showroom would be a nice touch.
LOL..with the $1 breakfast..:D
There's an idea....
Take a tip from the Harley dealership! A small "lounge" area where 5 or 6 guys can shoot the scat with a TV running a DVD, free coffee all day and a couple of dozen donuts brought in at opening!

zum
01-05-2010, 8:20 PM
Magpul XTM Rail Panels in all colors INSTOCK

is there a reason why you guys don't have these on the site?

i LOVE one stop shopping and this is the only item i was looking for that i didn't find on you site.

sure others have them at 6-7$ a set and i could go there but... you know

HELLO? ANYONE THERE???? BTW no one has called me back reguarding my order! been 2 days now... :(

RawImpact
01-07-2010, 9:04 PM
Group buys!

Koolpsych
01-08-2010, 12:04 AM
Ar15 cleaning supplies! Or just gun cleaning supplies in general for that matter.

jonathandy7
01-11-2010, 6:43 AM
H&K SA80 magazines and maybe make a 10/30 version.

orangeglo
01-15-2010, 1:21 PM
I would also like to humbly request you carry some cleaning supplies. At least some CLP.

shark92651
01-16-2010, 6:15 AM
We actually have CLP and boresnakes in the shop - I'll make sure we add those items to the website.

Magpul XTM rail panels are on order so we will have those online soon.

Stag Model 8 rifles are shipping and will be here soon.

It's tight enough in the showroom as it is, imagine how mush less room we would have if we fed all of you coffee and donuts! :D

We WILL be getting a bigger place with a bigger showroom once our current lease expires.

Keep the ideas coming guys, we are listening even though we may not respond to all ideas.

Thanks!

The Sauce
01-16-2010, 8:13 AM
Saiga 12s! :D

Cokebottle
01-16-2010, 11:34 AM
It's tight enough in the showroom as it is, imagine how mush less room we would have if we fed all of you coffee and donuts! :D
And even less room after the donuts begin to take their toll on the staff & customers :D

tyrist
01-17-2010, 5:46 PM
AKs

ElvenSoul
01-17-2010, 5:54 PM
How about some HK Stuff?

A Rifle Gear Girls Calander?

Cokebottle
01-17-2010, 6:33 PM
A Rifle Gear Girls Calander?
I like this idea.

The staff is a group of cool young guys, they should have plenty of contacts to put together a "RifleGirls 2011"

They've certainly got the props for the photo shoots!

Riflegear
01-20-2010, 1:39 PM
Sig Sauer 522
ammo

522's are IN STOCK

We have no plans to carry ammo, and will not be able to be competitive price-wise if we do. We use and recommend Ammo Bro's for that. They're good guys over there.

semi - auto pistols on the Cali roster. or used ones not on the roster. And riflle and pistol mag rebuild kits.

We're trying to stay with the tactical/AW/EBR theme, and to that end we are carrying the RIA tactical 1911's, but will be adding to our pistol selection at a regular pace.

We do not have any plans to carry rebuild kits, and will likely never carry rebuild kits so as not to jeopardize our hi-cap permit.

Definitely the Slip2000 stuff would be awesome. I ordered straight from them before and shipping wasn't bad. About 4-days I think last I ordered. But you guys get me my stuff in 2-days! :D

Slip2000 is actually on its way.

How about some gear and rifle bags/cases. IIRC I was there once and I thought I saw someone buy a rifle case to go along with his new rifle (also purchased from there). Or maybe he brought his own case? I just haven't seen any cases/bags on the website so I wasn't sure if you guys sold them or not.

We carry 32" and 46" rifle bags in the store, but do not advertise them on the website due to shipping pains. We are looking to expand this inventory and possibly start shipping them in the future.

MOLLE gear would be nice. Chest rigs, vests, etc.

Planned, but no estimated time frame yet. The only issue with nylon is that it's bulky! We're running out of room at the rate that we're adding new products.

Another location would be awesome! Although I don't mind the 2hr drive down there (depends on traffic.. which almost always sux), something closer to Palmdale/Lancaster area is ideal for me. Even if you guys set up in SFV area that would be sweet. I'm down there all the time anyway. If you need someone to work there I'd do it ;) hehehe. Wishful thinking.

More locations are in the works already.

stag model 8 or ruger sr-556

Stag 8's are on the way.

More variety like the Socom and Scout. I just read you have it, Handguns, lubes, cleaners that are not common out there. LaRue and try to get KAC also.

We have Socom's and Scouts, lubes and cleaners. Larue does not do dealer sales, so we won't be carrying them anytime in the future. KAC is very anti-California, so we also won't be carrying their products.

How about some BCM stuff...

BCM products. SOOOOO legit.

I believe we are talking to BCM at the SHOT show this week.

More Magpul stuff on display. Make up a standard M4gery and put the MOE kit on it, and you'll sell them for days.

Done! I just built a nice MOE'ed up DDXV last night. It's on display for $1249. MOE stock, grip and handguards. It's light, handy, and SEXY!

I think you could do well with the Smith & Wesson .22 AR's, as well. People want an alternative to the Umarex\Colt guns.

So far, the only .22 guns that we've been really happy with quality-wise are the Sig 522's, which are in stock. We also carry tactical solutions dedicated .22lr uppers for building out an AR-22.

We're just really disappointed with the Colt/Umarex and S&W quality.

Ar15 cleaning supplies! Or just gun cleaning supplies in general for that matter.

We've got CLP and boresnakes in the shop. Unfortunately we can't ship the CLP. Slip2000 is on its way, and will be added to the website. We're also planning on carrying the CJ Weapons AR15 chamber cleaning systems. There are some other related stuff that we're kicking around right now. Keep your eyes on the website in the upcoming 2-3 months.

Also, after a LOOOOOOOONG delay, we are getting more MPA pistols in NEXT WEEK. I've got MPA30's (9mm) and MPA10's (.45) coming in, with both side-charging and top-cocking models available.

Cokebottle
01-20-2010, 2:15 PM
to that end we are carrying the RIA tactical 1911's.
You've got my attention (again).

Eckolaker
01-20-2010, 3:12 PM
XTM rail panels in stock yet?

CHS
01-20-2010, 3:57 PM
XTM rail panels in stock yet?

Ordered today at SHOT. Not in stock yet.

Adub
01-20-2010, 6:37 PM
Sweeet! I have been waiting for those. And the more locations in the works is awesome!

Alfmann
01-21-2010, 9:56 AM
Awesome! Sounds like you guys are really moving things along. Fingers crossed that you guys open a location closer to SFV or AV areas. Anything closer than 2hrs is great! haha!

BTW, how much are those Sig522's going for? I got a friend that was thinking about getting one. He saw a couple at the Ontario show and really liked it.

Blue
01-21-2010, 9:59 AM
A store in the SF Bay area and a killer job from you guys so I could afford to buy more toys :D

The Sauce
01-21-2010, 7:51 PM
Also, after a LOOOOOOOONG delay, we are getting more MPA pistols in NEXT WEEK. I've got MPA30's (9mm) and MPA10's (.45) coming in, with both side-charging and top-cocking models available.

How much are those MPA10's (top cocker) going to be selling for? I could sure use one to go with my MPA30. :D

Hk996
01-21-2010, 8:06 PM
LaRue products would be nice!

Alfmann
01-21-2010, 11:47 PM
LaRue products would be nice!

We have Socom's and Scouts, lubes and cleaners. Larue does not do dealer sales, so we won't be carrying them anytime in the future. KAC is very anti-California, so we also won't be carrying their products.

Answered a few posts up.

Hk996
01-22-2010, 12:03 AM
I know... but that doesn't mean I can't ask for it :)

Riflegear
01-22-2010, 9:19 AM
As much as we'd love to carry LaRue products, we can't offer them at a price that would be competitive. Then we'd be stocked with LaRue parts and no one would be buying them from us. *ENTER www.sadtrombone.com *.

Black Majik
01-22-2010, 10:12 AM
How about stuff from Badger Ordnance and Nightforce?

Rings and mounts, especially Nightforce's Unimounts and optics.

Cokebottle
01-22-2010, 10:37 AM
As much as we'd love to carry LaRue products, we can't offer them at a price that would be competitive. Then we'd be stocked with LaRue parts and no one would be buying them from us. *ENTER www.sadtrombone.com (http://www.sadtrombone.com) *.
Well....

You could carry ARMS mounts, then we can break them and use them to get LaRue mounts :D

Black Majik
01-22-2010, 1:18 PM
Well....

You could carry ARMS mounts, then we can break them and use them to get LaRue mounts :D

zing!

supermario
01-22-2010, 2:04 PM
Any thoughts on expansion? Second location? Perhaps closer to Los Angeles? Keep up the great work, guys!

+1, we need more places closer to LA, I know LA is gun friendly but there seems to be several gun friendly cities around us like Glendale, Burbank, pasadena?

Uriah02
01-22-2010, 2:09 PM
ACOGs!

Riflegear
01-22-2010, 2:36 PM
BTW, how much are those Sig522's going for? I got a friend that was thinking about getting one. He saw a couple at the Ontario show and really liked it.

The 522's are $549 and come with 1 10rd Black-Dog Magazine.

How much are those MPA10's (top cocker) going to be selling for? I could sure use one to go with my MPA30. :D

$499

ACOGs!

We have a couple in stock, but they are very hard to get from Trijicon. We've had tons on order for close to a year. We've also got the RMR and an Accupoint.

818gtiguy
01-22-2010, 4:35 PM
*ENTER www.sadtrombone.com *.

:rofl2: What about some Geissele triggers?

johnrunner89
01-28-2010, 10:01 AM
DPMS .308 uppers?

bubbapug1
01-28-2010, 12:14 PM
SIDE COCKING MACS or MINI MAC, UZI SS CARBINE................9MM SS 1911, that's all I have left on my list for my last gun.

ledman
01-28-2010, 7:58 PM
A hands on showroom:D SO yeah, expand!! And Ammo would be cool to.

Cokebottle
01-28-2010, 8:04 PM
A hands on showroom:D SO yeah, expand!! And Ammo would be cool to.
You mean with a 300yd indoor range alongside the warehouse?

That's a great idea. I mean, we always test-drive cars, how can they expect us to buy their guns without test-firing them? :D ;)

Diesel70
02-05-2010, 6:53 AM
More optics in the $150 - $200 range, like the Vortex Strikefire. It may have a lifetime warranty, but I'd still like to put my hands on it before shelling out the money for it. Eotech and Trijicon are tops, but too expensive for the weekend shooter.

bubbapug1
02-05-2010, 9:25 PM
SIDE COCKING MACS or MINI MAC, UZI SS CARBINE................9MM SS 1911, that's all I have left on my list for my last gun.

OK, got the mini mac, the SS 9mm 1911...I think I'll hold off on the SS uzi and get your new 9mm carbine in instead when it shows up.

Thanks guys.

Riflegear
02-08-2010, 9:42 AM
More optics in the $150 - $200 range, like the Vortex Strikefire. It may have a lifetime warranty, but I'd still like to put my hands on it before shelling out the money for it. Eotech and Trijicon are tops, but too expensive for the weekend shooter.

We're looking at the possibility of carrying the Primary Arms line of optics in the future. They are not doing any dealer sales at this time, but we are discussing it with them.

The problem is that when we carried lower-end optics in the past there were just too many issues. We spent way too much time doing support and returns for optics that didn't really make us much money.

There is a fine line though, and we do believe that we'll be able to find some optics that works for people and are of a quality level high enough that we feel comfortable selling.

So in short: We plan to :)

wkd4496
02-12-2010, 11:51 PM
Magpul Iphone case?:jump:

lorax3
02-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Yugo M72 RPK's (http://www.centuryarms.biz/proddetail.asp?prod=RI1233%2DX) or AES10B's (http://www.centuryarms.biz/proddetail.asp?prod=RI1628%2DX).

Century probably still has them available to dealers.

JWC6
02-15-2010, 1:05 PM
FN SCAR 16S!

Riflegear
02-15-2010, 2:47 PM
FN SCAR 16S!

Heh, good luck! :)

CRM2004
02-15-2010, 9:32 PM
FN SCAR 16S!

Heh, good luck! :)

Fine, I will settle for a Bushmaster ACR or even an FN SCAR 17S!

SteveH
06-18-2010, 7:25 PM
870 Police shotguns.

870 Express HD shotguns

At a lower price point than Turners.

Mail Clerk
06-19-2010, 7:59 AM
RifleGear,

As a recent visitor and purchaser at your store I found it to be a nice store indeed. I'd like to see an expansion of your brand name uppers in different variations would be super nice.

I too would think if you can carry the Primary Arms "red dots" would be nice as the others you carry is very good quality but in this recession they're priced outta peoples pockets.

Lastly I heard your considering moving to another location. I just hope you stay as close to your present location as possible cuz it's close to a major freeway and is easy to drive too compared to your competitors.

Thanks for being my best buddy,

Mail Clerk

Bentot
06-19-2010, 3:35 PM
Your new line of in-house branded uppers are tempting. How about a (limited) run of 16" and 20" with A2 uppers? Old timers like me like the fixed carry handle.

winnre
06-19-2010, 5:18 PM
Stay open much later at least one night a month for those of us who have jobs and commute to see you.

Cokebottle
06-19-2010, 8:20 PM
Stay open much later at least one night a month for those of us who have jobs and commute to see you.
They recently extended their closing time by an hour.

Would be nice if they had sufficient staff to remain open on the Saturdays when there's a gun show, and to be open on Sunday... but not to add staff at the expense of the quality of their service.
I'd rather keep their current service and knowledge with shorter hours if that's the tradeoff.

TenSeven
06-20-2010, 1:15 AM
Well, with all the positive reviews, I guess I am "that guy" (whom I do NOT want to be, but...)

What I would like to see from RifleGear:

#1: A note to customers saying when it is OK with you stating when it is OK to come into your store to buy parts.

#2: A note to customers saying when it is OK to e-mail/call with questions about parts bought from your store.

Why I type this:

#1: I have visited your shop in-person twice to buy AR parts. Both times I was treated poorly at best and once was directly told by the Asian woman's (she was very pleasant but was not familiar with what I was asking to buy) boyfriend (husband?) that, since I'm fairly local and know what I wanted to buy, to just buy online and not come into the shop.

No, I am not exaggerating, that is a/your direct quote. For a flash hider, then ladder covers??

#2: I have bought many parts from RG online. The one time I had an issue with a part I bought, I e-mailed the question. That e-mail was very tersely and uninformatively replied to, so I phoned them for clarification. The phone call did not go well at all either, he was rude and dismissive.

What really gets me is that you (RG) have now offered for sale exactly an AR upper and flash hider that I want to buy. I want to come in and pick it up directly but am literally afraid to do so.

Is the 3rd time coming in to your shop time is the charm or is it "just buy it online (and pay shipping) and shut up?

Please let me know what is what... (I accept PM's)

Fear
06-20-2010, 10:11 PM
Ammo and Zombie Targets :D

Riflegear
06-21-2010, 11:40 AM
@ TenSeven

We're very sorry to hear you've had a poor experience with us. I sent you a PM and hopefully we can get you set up with whatever you need. We're thinking it may just be a misunderstanding as we are more than happy to get something from the back if we have it in stock. I've also left you my email address on that PM. Contact me directly and I'll take care of you.

shark92651
06-21-2010, 3:34 PM
TenSeven,

I'm the Asian woman's (Eiko's) husband, David, and I'm pretty confused about what you are saying. We go to the back and get products to sell to customer's all day long so I don't recall when or why I would tell you to go online to buy something I could easily ring up for you right then. Are you sure it was for an item we had in stock and not something we did not carry at the time or was out of stock? I have in the past told customers to buy something online and select "in store pickup" as shipment method if it was something that was out of stock or was something they wanted to reserve, but that does not incur shipping charges as the customer would have to come in to pick it up.

Our retail hours are 10am - 7pm Mon - Friday, 10am - 6pm Saturday. These are our retail hours and we sell anything we have during those hours. It is also OK to call our phones during these same hours and to send emails anytime you like, 24-7. If you feel our replies to your email/phone were not satisfactory then please elaborate via PM or just come in and talk to myself or Brian and we will try to resolve the issue.

Regards,
David

TenSeven
06-22-2010, 1:04 AM
@RifleGear

Thank you for your very polite and professional PM. I replied.

I understand that things get twisted about for no need and life is busy these days.

You may have had a tough day, and I may have been/probably was a bit over-sensitive.

Probably just weird coincidences on both our parts...

So.. how about that UPPER?!?!?!?

:)

TenSeven
06-22-2010, 6:44 PM
So I went into RifleGear today and bought the upper I had been considering.

100% excellent experience, thanks!

Anchors
06-22-2010, 11:20 PM
Gotta love a happy ending!

I just hope if you guys move you stay near the old location.
It's about five minutes from school for me.

TenSeven
06-23-2010, 12:54 AM

Nope, they had the nerve to make me wait almost 10 whole minutes! Can you believe the RG staff had nerve to help customers that arrived before I did!?!?!?!

What the ****!!!

I had to stand around for nearly 10 whole minutes and look at all the candy they have on display while the counter staff did their job very well?!?!

The HORROR!!! Oh, the PAIN!!! I was... sniff sniff...

/rant /rant /rant!!!

:D

TenSeven
06-23-2010, 1:03 AM
Just in case, for the comedy impaired:

My above post was pure anecdote/ joking around.

Rifle Gear is 100% Good-To-Go!

shark92651
06-23-2010, 9:51 AM
Glad everything worked out for you TenSeven, thanks for letting us get everything resolved for you.

Regards,
David

Dhena81
06-23-2010, 11:13 AM
Nancy Pelosi paper targets. Later hours on the weekdays maybe 8 I've been hearing a lot about you guys on Cal guns. I've been busy for the last month on the weekends and get off work at 6. I could have bought something there but I went to turners instead and accidentally bought a Benelli M4 at turners so maybe next month.

Anchors
06-29-2010, 12:27 AM
Oh I also agree on ammo. Even if you only offered a few different choices.
And maybe a few more AK style firearms.

RifleGear rules.

sniper4usmc
06-29-2010, 7:47 AM
I want
Remington 700SPS tactical in 223

seanookie
06-30-2010, 9:13 AM
AR Barrels and/or assembled 20" AR Uppers.

HK stuff including pistols.

Glock if pricing is competitive.

Springfield M1A's and their line of 45 pistols.

Thanks!

jc_stecker
07-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Primers

sniper4usmc
07-09-2010, 9:38 PM
Sig 522 SWAT

hk404me
07-27-2010, 6:04 AM
De-milled (I hate grinding rivets), or non-demilled AK parts kits.

sniper4usmc
07-28-2010, 8:36 AM
more Semi Auto Tactical Shotguns(rem,moss,fn)

TabooAR
07-30-2010, 3:32 PM

I just hope if you guys move you stay near the old location.
It's about five minutes from school for me.

RifleGear is giving happy endings? :eek: Wow! They really are a 'full service' shop! :D

m16
08-02-2010, 4:14 PM
I'm going to be visiting you again to pick up a Troy modular foregrip in a couple of days, and I noticed you don't carry the new Battle Ax pistol grip.

I ordered one directly from Troy and paid $15 for shipping, the grip itself was only $20.

triumph53
08-17-2010, 4:41 PM
AK-74 Selection, AK Parts Kits, More Rifle Optics, More Ammo.

And, a location in Riverside. :-D

nmerced
08-17-2010, 6:13 PM
Limited Edition Riflegear lowers? It will match nicely with your uppers. :D

Sikhawk
10-17-2010, 1:47 PM
please, if you could open a shop in SF Bay Area, you will never regret it. 100% guarantee. people over here have heard of your awesome customer service but its too far from here to be a realistic commute.

swrdply400mrelay
10-17-2010, 2:15 PM
More of the DD complete uppers at holiday prices! :D

+1

:)

Shady
10-17-2010, 2:21 PM
bulk surplus ammo
ak parts
saiga mag rebuild kits

thrillhouse700
10-28-2010, 11:26 PM
Hook up with Nathan Krynn and sell his lowers :)

GLuxury
10-28-2010, 11:38 PM
just found out about your guys store .. new to the scene =) .. but im in the market for an AR and im still shopping around ... your shops not too far from me and on my way to the GF's house =) ... from what ive seen on your site you guys have a lot of products to offer .. so keep up the good work

onequickshift
10-29-2010, 10:39 AM
specials on rifles and parts, and magazines end of Nov? Black Sale specials? Yes Yes?

1000 oaks
10-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Handguns ,cheap transfers, ammo. :D

jonmalibuss
10-30-2010, 8:07 AM
De-milled (I hate grinding rivets), or non-demilled AK parts kits.

+1 and nodak receivers!

Sunday
11-01-2010, 12:51 PM
lower prices!!!! by the time shipping and TAX is included there is no advantage to shop at your company as compared to other out of state companies.

Cokebottle
11-01-2010, 5:45 PM
lower prices!!!! by the time shipping and TAX is included there is no advantage to shop at your company as compared to other out of state companies.
How about delivery time and in-stock availability?
I place an order with Riflegear at 10pm Wednesday and it's waiting for me by my desk when I get home from work Friday, without having to pay for anything more than ground shipping.
Doesn't matter where you are in CA... Normal ground shipping is going to be no more than 2-3 days. That'll cost you $20+ extra to get from out of state dealers.

I've only had one item that wasn't in stock when I ordered it... and it ended up being available 4 weeks earlier than anticipated (only a 3 day delay from had it been in stock when I ordered).

But I agree to a point... A lot of places offer free shipping on orders over $100 or $200, but Riflegear's shipping prices increase moderately with the price of the order, regardless of weight or bulk. An order for a pair of quality sights costs as much to ship as a DD barrel.

shark92651
11-01-2010, 5:53 PM

Unfortunately we cannot lower our prices to the point where we are less or equal to the lowest price out of state dealer without tax - that would be like an additional 9% discount on our current pricing. We would like to stay in business :)

One area we did try to address this is with our RifleGear uppers. Even when you consider the sales tax they are still less than a comparable BCM hammer forged upper.

There is more to consider when making a purchase than just price, although I understand that is the main factor a lot of people consider. We always try our best to earn and keep your business.

onequickshift
11-02-2010, 9:26 PM
Who makes the uppers for you guys?

shark92651
11-03-2010, 2:47 PM
Who makes the uppers for you guys?

Our uppers are made by Daniel Defense.

Jake71
11-04-2010, 9:12 AM
Riflegear hat?

ZX-10R
11-04-2010, 9:29 AM
Beretta and Smith and Wesson handguns. AK parts...There are quite a few of us out there. Ammo at online prices. All of the things listed are stuff I buy regularly. Less expensive optics, maybe at all price points.

yoitsbruce
11-09-2010, 1:53 PM
is there any scar kits

Riflegear
11-09-2010, 4:34 PM
Scar kits?

onequickshift
11-10-2010, 1:50 PM
Are you guys ganna have anything for sale on the black sale/end of month? Are the RG uppers covered by Daniel Defense warranty wise?