PDA

View Full Version : Group buy on Mosin Nagants using my C&R 03

JaMail
12-19-2009, 7:20 AM
A couple of friends want me to buy 6 or 7 mosin nagants online, so that they can pick out the ones they like..

Everything ive read says i cant use it for any business purpose, but what about gifts? or not making a profit?

If i buy 7 rifles for 700, and i keep the best one for myself, and my friends pay me for the actual cost i spent, so that there is zero profit, am i in the clear as long as i keep my book updated with prices spent and recieved?

thanks in advance.

edit
---------

so ive been pricing these out, for 20 rifles, i came up with the following.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/PWA-M9130CRATE.html
the crate comes out to 119 each with a full accessory package

95.00 each at aimsurplus with shipping, but comes with the full accessory pack.

74.95 each with shipping at jgsales but says it only includes bayonet.

anyone have any opinions on which one i should go with? any of these known for better selections than the others? any other stores worth shopping at?

thanks in advance.

Quiet
12-19-2009, 7:34 AM
AFAIK...
As an 03-FFL you can acquire C&R firearms to give as gifts.
Just need to make sure everything is properly logged in and out.

JaMail
12-19-2009, 7:49 AM
the only thing i was worried about, is that they are actually the ones paying for them, im just not making a profit or doing this in a business way. oh well, have to see what happens, right now its looking like ill be buying 15 or 20.. maybe i can finally get that cool shipping crate that comes with them.

sevensix2x51
12-19-2009, 8:01 AM
im giving a couple away as gifts to my father and brother for christmas.

maybe your friends can give you $100 for christmas, as a gift! then you can give them a rifle as a gift, a week or so later! then theres no issue of whos doing the purchasing.

JaMail
12-19-2009, 8:33 AM
so ive been pricing these out, for 20 rifles, i came up with the following.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/PWA-M9130CRATE.html
the crate comes out to 119 each with a full accessory package

95.00 each at aimsurplus with shipping, but comes with the full accessory pack.

74.95 each with shipping at jgsales but says it only includes bayonet.

anyone have any opinions on which one i should go with? any of these known for better selections than the others? any other stores worth shopping at?

thanks in advance.

lorax3
12-19-2009, 9:21 AM
You cannot acquire weapons with your FFL 03 with the intent to sell them.

You best bet if you wish to place a larger order is to buy it yourself with the clear intent that you will be keeping the best looking rifle for your collection and may be disposing of the rest.

Having several checks deposited into your account from different persons that match the dollar amount of individual rifles before you actually place the order is probably a bad idea.

JaMail
12-19-2009, 10:03 AM
understood, but there is no intent to profit or run a business based on my FFL, its just collecting. Maybe ill write and ask an opinion.

dustoff31
12-19-2009, 7:25 PM
understood, but there is no intent to profit or run a business based on my FFL, its just collecting. Maybe ill write and ask an opinion.

Unfortunately, you are not the one that will make the determination on whether you are running a business or your intent. BATFE will.

Lorax3 gave you the right answers.

SikDMAX
12-29-2009, 1:12 PM
You cannot acquire weapons with your FFL 03 with the intent to sell them.

You best bet if you wish to place a larger order is to buy it yourself with the clear intent that you will be keeping the best looking rifle for your collection and may be disposing of the rest.

Having several checks deposited into your account from different persons that match the dollar amount of individual rifles before you actually place the order is probably a bad idea.

Sounds pretty cut and dry here.