PDA

View Full Version : Smith Enterprise Carzy Horse Rifle (I took the plunge)

Gunner1
12-01-2005, 3:30 PM
Well I did it, As some of you know I picked up a nice Polytec M14s recently for a really good price. Well after lots of consideration I sent off the Polytec and a new TRW Bolt to Smith Enterprises to make into a clone of the rifles he is building for the Second Infantry Division. (Except for the damned stupid Kalifornia law that says I cannot have a flash hider.) Having the full deal done. Smith mount,rings, 22" bbl, stock mods cheekpiece, gas system mods, Leupold MK4 3.5-10x mildot scope, reheat treat, triggermods the works.
So now that I have a $3000.00 Polytec M14s whats next????
Some of you may scoff at spending this much coin on the Chinese receiver but there is a method to my madness, 1. the Chinese receiver is about the best available according to Fulton Armory and SE. the closest to the real thing you can get (Don't know about LRB)2. since this rifle is built on a Polytec receiver I doubt I will be able to recoup my total investment, thus I doubt I will ever consider selling it. Thus my forever Crazy Horse rifle:D
Any leads on more Chinese m14s rifles are appreciated, I would really like one more for another project.

Gunner:cool:

Stanze
12-01-2005, 3:58 PM
Post pics when ya get a chance.

HEUER
12-01-2005, 3:58 PM
Smith forged are probably the best recievers ever made. Smith cast are also very good demensionally.

Gunner1
12-01-2005, 6:17 PM
I will definately post pics when done, Any advice on a web host (Free)
I will post a review of the Crazy Chinese Horse rifle when completed. This is my second experience with Smith. He did a Polytec for me in the mid 90's that worked great. I wish I still had it.

Gunner

uzigalil
12-01-2005, 6:39 PM
I have done a bit of research, And I have a Crazy horse rifle on the way. It was built on a Lrb action, at the same time the 2ID rifles were being built, and is stamped and 2ID crazy horse. I met Lou from LRb at the last shot show. Since it is almost impossible to get A Smith action, Lrb is in my opinion the best Action on the market and there complete rifles are built with USGI parts and are awesome. I think Springfields are fine and own those also, but Lrb is the way to go for me.

Gunner1
12-01-2005, 7:47 PM
I am sure that there will be some haters out there giving me a hard time for using a Polytec receiver for the build but other than LRB they are the only forged receivers other than the real deal. And we know how what kind of chance we in Kalifornia have of getting one of those. Like I said this is not my first polytec rifle, Smith did one for me in 1994 that was a great shooter. I sold it thinking that it was somehow inferior to a Springfield Inc. M1a. Well I was wrong, Oh well. I now have six M14 type rifles, Three Springfields (M25,SOCOM, Loaded) a Fulton Armory built Armscorp receiver (all G.I. Parts) and the two Polytec rifles under construction. Which one is the best? I have a feeling that one of the Polytec rifles may take that honor. We will see.

Gunner

artherd
12-01-2005, 7:47 PM
I will definately post pics when done, Any advice on a web host (Free)
I will post a review of the Crazy Chinese Horse rifle when completed. This is my second experience with Smith. He did a Polytec for me in the mid 90's that worked great. I wish I still had it.

Gunner

The Polytech recivers are highly regarded (hey forged!) I'd really like to see pics as well. I'm only somewhat familiar with the M14family, anyone have a link to the Crazy Horse project? Gunner: I own a hosting company, PM me and I'll set you up gratis.

Gunner1
12-01-2005, 8:04 PM
Here is the link to Smith Enterprise www.smithenterprise.com
look at the M14 SE project and you will see what I am having done.
I feel like a kid at Christmas.:D

Thanks guys for the pic hosting, I luv this board... O.K. now back on track.:cool:

Gunner