PDA

View Full Version : Office hours in Hercules with State Senator Mark DeSaulnier, Let's talk 2A...

Super Spy
12-18-2009, 2:19 PM
Just got this email, This guy is 2A friendly and responded in the affirmative supporting us in opposing the ammo ban. How can we utilize this? Who wants to go?

Office hours in Hercules with State Senator Mark DeSaulnier. Do you have an idea, or need help with a problem involving a state or local agency? Do you want to give your opinion on legislation that affects your community?

Here's an opportunity to speak about it. Stop by and enjoy coffee and conversation.

Date: January 9, 2010
Time: 11 am to 1 pm
109 Civic Drive
Hercules, CA

Please RSVP to (925) 942-6082 for an appointment. Regular appointments are also available in the district office.

Librarian
12-18-2009, 2:41 PM
Just got this email, This guy is 2A friendly and responded in the affirmative supporting us in opposing the ammo ban. How can we utilize this? Who wants to go?

Office hours in Hercules with State Senator Mark DeSaulnier. Do you have an idea, or need help with a problem involving a state or local agency? Do you want to give your opinion on legislation that affects your community?

Here's an opportunity to speak about it. Stop by and enjoy coffee and conversation.

109 Civic Drive
Hercules, CA

Please RSVP to (925) 942-6082 for an appointment. Regular appointments are also available in the district office.

Excuse me? Who is "this guy"?

Can't be Brady-backed (http://www.bradycampaign.org/media/press/view/1079), personalized-gun-bill (http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/sen/sb_0651-0700/sb_697_bill_20090227_introduced.html) loving (http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/07-08/bill/asm/ab_2201-2250/ab_2235_bill_20080804_amended_sen_v93.html), AB962 (DeLeon's Ammo bill)-supporting (http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/asm/ab_0951-1000/ab_962_vote_20090910_0500PM_sen_floor.html) Mark DeSaulnier.

berto
12-18-2009, 3:43 PM

109 Civic Drive
Hercules, CA

DeSaulnier is anti-2A. Check his record.

Super Spy
12-18-2009, 4:00 PM
My Bad, I got an email from him after calling his office claiming he supported the second amendment. Still it might be fun to show up and discuss the issue in person. Maybe I'll open carry an Airsoft....

Purple K
12-19-2009, 12:38 AM
Maybe we can change his anti 2A mind.

spddrcr
12-19-2009, 1:00 AM

109 Civic Drive
Hercules, CA

dude you tottally had me going there for a minute, i think dessaulnier has backed more anti gun/gun control bills then Deleon himself. the guy is the typical political figure in that he tells people what they want to hear.:mad:

hvengel
12-20-2009, 11:31 AM
I had some dealing with Mark DeSaulnier when he was a CoCo county supervisor. He is a snake in the grass who will say whatever he thinks you want to hear. In other words he is a politician and he has been consistently anti even while claiming to support the 2nd Amendment.

torsf
12-20-2009, 12:25 PM
I got a letter from him indicating his support for AB962 after I emailed him repeatedly to oppose it. If I can find it I'll scan it & post it.

Rem222
12-20-2009, 2:57 PM
DeSaulnier is anti-2A. Check his record.

Agreed.

bigcalidave
12-20-2009, 4:43 PM
My Bad, I got an email from him after calling his office claiming he supported the second amendment. Still it might be fun to show up and discuss the issue in person. Maybe I'll open carry an Airsoft....

Open carry of an airsoft is MUCH WORSE of an offense than OCing a real gun..

xlimey
12-20-2009, 4:44 PM
As many others have already pointed out - Mark DeSaunier is far from Pro 2A. He has descended into being just another mealy-mouthed, duplicitous politician.

I talked to the guy regularly more than 20 years ago when he owned "TR's" - at the time it was a pretty neat Bar & Grill in the center of Concord that was also popular with the politically well-connected crowd in Contra Costa County. He was on the fringe of local politics then. I thought his business was a very successful one but after he became a County Supervisor he sold the place. Maybe politics pays better...

He used to be a Republican but later became a Democrat.

I remember reading an article about him when he started to get heavily involved in politics back in the 90's - it mentioned that his Dad was a prominent Republican - back in Massachusetts(?) - got involved in some sort of Bribery scandal as a judge and ended up disbarred and disgraced, and shot himself. Sad story - and DeSaulnier was open about it, saying that he was determined to make up for his Dad's mistakes or something like that. Modern-day Democrats are pretty good at working that "guilt" angle to their advantage - maybe that is why he switched parties. Whatever the reason - he now fits right in with the rest of that free-spending hypocritical bunch the dopes in the electorate keep sending to the Sacramento cesspool...

Need to look somewhere other than Mr DeSaulnier for help in any firearms-friendly legislation in Ca.