View Full Version : Any NYC legal contacts for this guy?

Maestro Pistolero
12-18-2009, 8:36 AM
Just caught this on TFL. Sounds like this guys has got a pretty good case, and he squeaky-clean. Anybody?

ed bernay
12-18-2009, 9:51 AM
The first thing I recommend he do is stop posting for everyone to see.

12-18-2009, 10:56 AM
Police couldn't find anything so they hit him with an "illegal folding knife" are you flipping kidding me? Sounds like Warsaw to me.

12-18-2009, 11:40 AM
The problem with NYC is that there has been a very prolonged conditioning of learned helplessness towards fighting the anti gun slime there. It seems that there is a cultural resistance to change, particularly visible in upstate, that is highly discouraging. Unlike here, the pro gun lawyers if there are any do not talk much and certainly not with the grassroots base on any regular and methodical basis. It's stupid but that's been their choice, I guess they're genuinely afraid of the other side trashing their careers and/or personally attacking them--cowardly on the their part but I guess they figure they've gotta get along there. :mad: Coupled with disorganization and lack of inspiration it's a horrid mess. It has me very, very mad at them quite regularly. Pro 2A work here is difficult and frustrating.

ed bernay
12-18-2009, 1:29 PM
I believe that people in NY gave up the fight because the NY politicans/elite have been able to get away with it for so long. Before there was no SCOTUS precedent to definitely opine that the 2nd amendment is an individual right. The anti judges and prosecutors were able to shut down challenges to NYC laws in the 2nd circuit by saying it was not an individual right and people did not have standing to challenge. Heller cracked the door. If McDonald succeeds as everyone here hopes, NYC, Chicago etc are in for a big and very expensive smackdown. They are very stupid especially with the pending SCOTUS case. I continue to read stories about them arresting people and putting them in jail only for possession of a firearm when it would be legal almost anyone else in the country. I hope everyone that has ever been arrested and/or put in jail for the "criminal act" of possession sues NYC, Chicago or any other municipality that put them in jail for what would be legal in other places in the country.

Maestro Pistolero
12-18-2009, 3:37 PM
Any got a contact for 2A defense in NY for this guy?

12-18-2009, 6:27 PM
Damn New Yorkers should just move to a more 2A friendly state like California.:D

12-18-2009, 6:58 PM
Damn New Yorkers should just move to a more 2A friendly state like California.:D

Hahaha very funny...

Gray Peterson
12-18-2009, 9:54 PM
Law Offices of John Chambers (http://www.pistolpermitattorneynyc.com/)

There is no one better in NYC than this guy. Bar none.

12-18-2009, 11:30 PM
Sounds like an illegal search to me. Talking to someone is not reasonable suspicion to detain and search someone.