PDA

View Full Version : Watched an interesting doccumentary last night called Unsettled

AJAX22
12-18-2009, 6:02 AM
Before I went to bed last night I got on netflicks and watched a documentary titled "unsettled" about the israli settlements which were evacuated by the IDF.

One scene in particular was quite amazing. A former IDF paratroop being forced out of his home, throws his old uniform on the ground and burrys it in front of the soldiers...

He clearly has a handgun in an IWB holster, he is being driven from his home, he is yelling and crying, but he does not at any time make threats, threatening gestures, etc.

And the soldiers do not freak out, they do not try to disarm him, they do not tackle him to the ground for 'officer safety'... there is an armed man who is emotionally distraught 5 feet from them and because he is not being violent, they treat him respect... (imagine that)

The fact that he is armed does not factor into it.

The contrast between what I saw in this documentary and how US citizens are treated under similar circumstances *cough* Katrina *cough* was stark.

http://www.unsettledmovie.com/

anyway, its an interesting documentary, and that scene is particularly interesting to 2a advocates. It wasn't all that long ago that having a gun on your person wasn't grounds to 'check to make sure its not loaded' or 'detain the subject'

When a guy getting evicted from his home in the gaza strip is treated with more respect for his 2nd amendment rights than a grandma in new Orleans it may be time to relinquish the title "land of the free"

Mulay El Raisuli
12-18-2009, 6:52 AM
When a guy getting evicted from his home in the gaza strip is treated with more respect for his 2nd amendment rights than a grandma in new Orleans it may be time to relinquish the title "land of the free"

Now, now. True, we left freedom behind a while ago, but we're on our way back to it now. Just be patient.

The Raisuli

choprzrul
12-18-2009, 6:59 AM
Now, now. True, we left freedom behind a while ago, but we're on our way back to it now. Just be patient.

The Raisuli

How patient were the Sons of Liberty, the minutemen, and the founding fathers? We have been on a steady downhill slide since the '68 gun control act with our freedoms chipped away at almost daily. How long do we wait? What is the sign that we have waited enough? When is it time to stop waiting and start acting? I ask because I don't know; and I am certain that our enemies are not waiting.

AJAX22
12-18-2009, 7:02 AM

The Raisuli

I agree.

but its a long hard road back to the top..... and I don't much care for the title "The country formerly known as 'the land of the free"

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/893/symbol1.gif

chaled
12-18-2009, 7:11 AM
It's good that the soldiers respected the Israelis rights, I'm just not sure they would have respected them if it were Palestinians that were being evicted.

bodger
12-18-2009, 7:13 AM
The descriptive title "Land of the Free" is certainly being denigrated by the antis and not as true as it once was..

However, "Home of the Brave" has never been tarnished, is as true as it ever was, and is what will see us through to the preservation and reclaimation of all of our rights.

choprzrul
12-18-2009, 7:27 AM
The descriptive title "Land of the Free" is certainly being denigrated by the antis and not as true as it once was..

However, "Home of the Brave" has never been tarnished, is as true as it ever was, and is what will see us through to the preservation and reclaimation of all of our rights.

100% in agreement.

Mulay El Raisuli
12-18-2009, 9:18 AM
How patient were the Sons of Liberty, the minutemen, and the founding fathers? We have been on a steady downhill slide since the '68 gun control act with our freedoms chipped away at almost daily. How long do we wait? What is the sign that we have waited enough? When is it time to stop waiting and start acting? I ask because I don't know; and I am certain that our enemies are not waiting.

I didn't say "wait," I said "be patient." One does not equal the other. Just as the Sons of Liberty, etc, didn't wait, neither are the forces (CalGuns, NRA, etc) working right now to restore our land to a state of Freedom. They aren't waiting, but they do need a little bit of patience because the fruits of their labor won't be here tomorrow.

The Raisuli

12-18-2009, 9:23 AM
It's good that the soldiers respected the Israelis rights, I'm just not sure they would have respected them if it were Palestinians that were being evicted.

boo hoo :rolleyes:

Egypt: Palestinians Fire On Egyptian Workers At Border Barrier
December 18, 2009
Egyptian security officials said unidentified Gaza gunmen opened fire from across the border on workers installing an underground metal barrier to seal off weapons smuggling tunnels, AP reported Dec. 18. The officials stated that no one was hurt but some equipment was damaged in the shooting. Hamas border officials confirmed shots were fired twice toward Egyptian workers.
Source (http://stratfor.com/)

But...but...I was told poor innocent Paleostinians only defend themselves from the Israeli agression! How come they are trying to murder their fellow arab muslim Egyptian brethren?

What causes them to act like violent lunatics (http://timfasano.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c73e653ef0120a6737721970b-250wi) and go on murder rampages?
Must be the inbreeding (http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/12/17/gaza.gender.id/).