PDA

View Full Version : Are your guns a collection or are they being fenced?

CaliforniaLiberal
12-18-2009, 5:56 AM
Can you prove it?

"Investigators from the Sheriff's Office and the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms are still probing whether the guns were a collection or whether they were being fenced"

http://www.contracostatimes.com/california/ci_14019364

Cranium
12-18-2009, 7:40 AM
Something stinks here...
Oh, must be the sweet leaf.

But seriously folks.

A pot cultivation raid in Santa Cruz? Shouldn't this be in the new proposed SHTF forum, as this is surely a sign of TEOTWAWKI!

cdtx2001
12-18-2009, 7:47 AM
A grenade launcher, eh? I'll bet is was a Yugo SKS he bought at Big5 with the grenade launcher sights on it.

Also, is it now illegal to be in possession of a loaded gun? Or is that only when you're under the influence and being raided by the POs?

joelberg
12-18-2009, 8:26 AM
A grenade launcher, eh? I'll bet is was a Yugo SKS he bought at Big5 with the grenade launcher sights on it.

Also, is it now illegal to be in possession of a loaded gun? Or is that only when you're under the influence and being raided by the POs?

I'm betting you're right. And he probably did the detachable magazine trick to it turning it into an "assault weapon".

The Director
12-18-2009, 8:40 AM
There was another thread with pics....the dude had an M203 attached to one of the rifles for sure.

Marxman
12-18-2009, 12:08 PM
Are you sure it wasn't just a Spikes or Corbay 37mm flare launcher?

Fate
12-18-2009, 1:31 PM
There was another thread with pics....the dude had an M203 attached to one of the rifles for sure.

Because you can tell everything "for sure" based on photos. Riiiiight. :rolleyes:

adamsreeftank
12-18-2009, 2:00 PM
Saw it on the news. It looked like a short Spikes flare launcher. I think I even saw the logo.

They never showed the right side of the AR's, so I coulsn't tell if there were bullet buttons.

command_liner
12-18-2009, 4:05 PM
From 10 feet away, see if you can tell the Airsoft M203 from the real thing.

The Director
12-18-2009, 4:36 PM
Actually that does look like a spike's logo on that. Either way, having tons of pot plants around subjects you to all kinds of extra scrutiny.....

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/portlet/article/html/render_gallery.jsp?articleId=14015470&siteId=6&startImage=4

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/portlet/article/html/render_gallery.jsp?articleId=14015470&siteId=6&startImage=4

yellowfin
12-18-2009, 7:44 PM
Isn't it more immediately suspicious if there's a collection of swords, rather than guns, that there'd be some fencing involved?

wilit
12-18-2009, 7:57 PM
I think I'm going to side with the gubment on this one. You can't just dismiss 50 firearms when you find a grow house with that much ILLEGAL marijuana growing for the obvious purpose of distributing it.

If I were a resident of the Santa Cruz area and recently had some of my firearms go missing, I would hope that the BATF would do their best to make sure mine were in that "Collection" of 50 firearms.

Fate
12-18-2009, 8:15 PM
Isn't it more immediately suspicious if there's a collection of swords, rather than guns, that there'd be some fencing involved?

ZING!!! :D

five.five-six
12-18-2009, 8:18 PM

Zang

The Director
12-18-2009, 8:29 PM

I'm here till Thursday....try the veal....

tenpercentfirearms
12-18-2009, 9:42 PM
That is a 12" Spike's Havoc. 100% positive.

nick
12-18-2009, 10:34 PM

Not if you only collect them and never use them.

Meplat
12-18-2009, 10:57 PM
Didn't Barry promise not to enforce against Med MJ states? I think this was more about the guns than the pot.

louscamaro91
12-18-2009, 11:03 PM
I wonder how many guns didn't get put in the reports..:whistling: Ahem some that well... lets just say someone scored some nice gear.

wash
12-19-2009, 12:12 AM
It's pretty dumb to mix drugs and guns.

If it were up to me, most drugs would be legalized and taxed but until that happens, people who want to keep guns should steer clear from illegal drugs for the practical reason of staying out of jail.

With that said, "more than 50 guns" is a fairly large collection but hardly unheard of.

There is already a lot of misinformation, 37 mm flare launchers are not "grenade launchers", registration of guns is not required except for "assault weapons" and .50BMG.

I don't know what they were up to but fencing implies selling stolen property, I would expect to see obliterated serial numbers if they were doing that.