PDA

View Full Version : FFL who transfers non-list stripped lowers in SoCal

ohsmily
11-30-2005, 7:03 PM
This may have already been addressed, but has anyone found an FFL who is willing to transfer a stripped, non-list AR lower in SoCal (preferably SD)?

I have not tried yet, but I am going to go bug the guys at Unique Pawn Brokers in SD to see if they are interested (doubt it).

Anyway, let me know.

bwiese
11-30-2005, 7:11 PM
This may have already been addressed, but has anyone found an FFL who is willing to transfer a stripped, non-list AR lower in SoCal (preferably SD)?

I have not tried yet, but I am going to go bug the guys at Unique Pawn Brokers in SD to see if they are interested (doubt it).

Anyway, let me know.

Have no idea. But don't just go in there spouting off that they're legal without supporting information - like Artherd's scanned DOJ letter, etc.

Also talk to the owner, not a counter guy. If a gunshop is having a counter guy making legal decisions, it's not long for business in CA.

Pablo
11-30-2005, 10:10 PM

Anyway, let me know.

Hey Adam, don't forget to report back... who knows you might get lucky!

ohsmily
11-30-2005, 10:16 PM
The reason I posted was to avoid having to deal with the DOJ...If someone has already showed an FFL a letter from the DOJ and demonstrated that the transaction is legal, the FFL will likely be more prone to do another transfer with less headache and convincing (hopefully none).

Anyway, I guess I might have to do some of the legwork.
I already have a registered AR that I got in 1999, but I wouldn't mind having another if this all works out.

-Adam