PDA

View Full Version : Hunter's Safety Course

blacklisted
11-30-2005, 4:26 PM
I'm looking for a good hunter's safety course in the bay area. I've put it off far too long. A two day would work, but I would love if I could find some kind of home study and just take the test. I don't think I can handle a 14 hour class. Anybody have any reccomendations?

chickenfried
11-30-2005, 7:06 PM
http://hunter-ed.com/ca/ca_internet.htm

Pablo
11-30-2005, 10:04 PM
I'm looking for a good hunter's safety course in the bay area. I've put it off far too long. A two day would work, but I would love if I could find some kind of home study and just take the test. I don't think I can handle a 14 hour class. Anybody have any reccomendations?

I took my "HSC" in April at Reed's (2 days course) and to be honest it wasn't boring maybe due to the fact that I didn't know anything about hunting. However just like you, I search for a way of just taking the test but not luck. If you go to Reed's take a good jacket with you, that class room felt like a freezer after 8 hours!!!

gose
12-01-2005, 4:38 PM
Is the HSC actually needed for anything if you already have the hunters license?

blacklisted
12-01-2005, 6:35 PM
Actually, you can't get the hunting license without it.

gose
12-01-2005, 6:55 PM
Actually, you can't get the hunting license without it.

Not entirely true, so my question still stands ;)

gose
12-01-2005, 7:01 PM
I believe he's referring to the Handgun Safety Certificate (HSC) not the Hunter Safety Course (HSC)

Nah, I was referring to the Hunter Safety Course.

gose
12-02-2005, 5:47 AM
If you already have a hunting license then IIRC you don't need the course.

Ok, as I thought then. Thanks.

The dfg had no problems with accepting my Swedish "HSC" (some 40h and a bunch of theoretical and practical tests needed) as an equivalence when I applied for the hunting license, but wasnt really sure if the HSC had some other "value".

acegunnr
12-02-2005, 9:47 AM
http://hunter-ed.com/ca/ca_internet.htm

The link above details the online HSC course. Instead of the 2 day class (or long one day) you only need to do 4 hours.