PDA

View Full Version : Dear Barbara

dando
12-16-2009, 5:07 PM
I recently emailed Barbara Boxer and Diane Feinstein to ask them to be more proactive in supporting 2nd Amendment rights. I also let them know that if they are not interested in upholding the 2nd Amendment that I would be looking for someone to represent me who does. The following is the response I got back from Barb. I am pretty sure she wrote it herself =p I really don't know why I even bothered to write...

Dear Mr. Dando:

Thank you for writing to me about gun control legislation. I appreciate hearing your views.

I understand the right of hunters, sportsmen and other law-abiding citizens to be able to own a gun. I believe, however, that we can still respect this right while working to curb the incidence of gun violence and firearm-related fatalities through sensible gun control laws.

In keeping with this, I have supported legislation such as the Brady Bill, the Child Safety Lock Act and efforts to close the so-called "gun show loophole." These measures are designed to make firearms safer and to help keep them out of the hands of people who are not legally allowed to own them. They do not interfere with the right of lawful citizens to purchase or own guns.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future.

Barbara Boxer
United States Senator

Please do not respond to this message. If you would like to comment on legislation, please visit my website and use the correspondence form at https://boxer.senate.gov/contact/email/policy.cfm

bodger
12-16-2009, 5:11 PM
Excuse me whilst I rinse the vomit from my mouth....

"Sensible" and "They do not interfere with the right of lawful citizens to purchase or own".......???

What really sickens me is that she believes that crap.

Cougar
12-16-2009, 5:18 PM
Ya gotta do it. We've all got to do it.

But that one is the dimmest of bulbs.

I hang my head in shame that my State elects such a person.

I still can not believe that check kiting Barbie was elected over Bruce Herschensohn.

boats1
12-16-2009, 5:19 PM
BarBo is generally cosidered dumber than a box of rocks. I'm sure she had somebody look up the name of the bill prior to insertion. She disgusts me. DiFi, on the other hand, is smart. We differ politically, but she is somebody to be reckoned with.

GrizzlyGuy
12-16-2009, 5:19 PM
You got a canned response, and it doesn't look like Barbie has changed her response since 2007 (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=55613). Had you just written "Guns good, you bad" you would have probably gotten the same response. I doubt that Barbie reads any of these letters or E-mails, her auto-responder or a staffer just fires back the standard topic-based answer. :rolleyes:

bodger
12-16-2009, 5:25 PM
BarBo is generally cosidered dumber than a box of rocks. I'm sure she had somebody look up the name of the bill prior to insertion. She disgusts me. DiFi, on the other hand, is smart. We differ politically, but she is somebody to be reckoned with.

She is no dummy, but her comments on 60 minutes with the "Give 'em up and turn 'em in Mr. and Mrs America" made her look ridiculous.

If she had the 51 votes, she'd outlaw guns. And we would all just turn them in. Even the criminals, I'm sure, would turn in their guns.

Gawd.

dando
12-16-2009, 5:26 PM
You got a canned response, and it doesn't look like Barbie has changed her response since 2007 (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=55613). Had you just written "Guns good, you bad" you would have probably gotten the same response. I doubt that Barbie reads any of these letters or E-mails, her auto-responder or a staffer just fires back the standard topic-based answer. :rolleyes:

I agree. Looks like cut and paste response. /sigh

jwb28
12-16-2009, 6:55 PM
At least you got a response. Babs and Fineswine are above the commoners you know.
I've come to the conclusion that I may as well write to my neighbors pet goat about an issue that concerns me. I'd get a more intelligent response than I'd get from those two.
John

The Director
12-16-2009, 7:32 PM
Babs and Fineswine are above the commoners you know.

You call her SENATOR, damn it. Do you realize how hard she worked for that title? Now piss off, General. :p

Quser.619
12-17-2009, 2:58 PM
Hell you're lucky to get a response. A San Diego staff memeber let it slip that Babs hadn't been to the SD Offices in over 2 years & I've spent 15 phone calls, talked to her Chief of Staff & State Coordinator, written untold emails & letters & can;t get a response as to when was the last time she visited her tax payer funded offices...since August.

silaic7
12-17-2009, 3:05 PM
Now let's support http://www.callmebarbara.com

silaic7
12-17-2009, 3:09 PM
You call her SENATOR, damn it. Do you realize how hard she worked for that title? Now piss off, General. :p

yup, now lets call her Former Senator, Now I realized how hard she worked for that title :p

http://www.callmebarbara.com/

stormy_clothing
12-17-2009, 3:11 PM
dear mr's boxer I find your remarks unknowing and have included a picture of my sensible way of dealing with terrorist prairie creatures

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8b/U.S._Navy_special_warfare_combatant-craft_crewmen_%28SWCC%29%2C_Special_Boat_Team_22_c onducts_training_16_AUG_09.jpg/800px-U.S._Navy_special_warfare_combatant-craft_crewmen_%28SWCC%29%2C_Special_Boat_Team_22_c onducts_training_16_AUG_09.jpg

Chief-7700
12-17-2009, 3:57 PM
Great picture of the Dillon Aero M134D in action.

The Director
12-17-2009, 4:26 PM
dear mr's boxer I find your remarks unknowing and have included a picture of my sensible way of dealing with terrorist prairie creatures

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8b/U.S._Navy_special_warfare_combatant-craft_crewmen_%28SWCC%29%2C_Special_Boat_Team_22_c onducts_training_16_AUG_09.jpg/800px-U.S._Navy_special_warfare_combatant-craft_crewmen_%28SWCC%29%2C_Special_Boat_Team_22_c onducts_training_16_AUG_09.jpg

Yeah! Come get some, mofos!

gregorylucas
12-17-2009, 4:53 PM
Dear Ms. Boxer,

I am going to get to the nearst high ground because your letter is flooding my room with excrement.

Sincerely,
Greg

Roadrunner
12-17-2009, 10:33 PM
I recently emailed Barbara Boxer and Diane Feinstein to ask them to be more proactive in supporting 2nd Amendment rights. I also let them know that if they are not interested in upholding the 2nd Amendment that I would be looking for someone to represent me who does. The following is the response I got back from Barb. I am pretty sure she wrote it herself =p I really don't know why I even bothered to write...

Dear Mr. Dando:

Thank you for writing to me about gun control legislation. I appreciate hearing your views.

I understand the right of hunters, sportsmen and other law-abiding citizens to be able to own a gun. I believe, however, that we can still respect this right while working to curb the incidence of gun violence and firearm-related fatalities through sensible gun control laws.

In keeping with this, I have supported legislation such as the Brady Bill, the Child Safety Lock Act and efforts to close the so-called "gun show loophole." These measures are designed to make firearms safer and to help keep them out of the hands of people who are not legally allowed to own them. They do not interfere with the right of lawful citizens to purchase or own guns.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future.

Barbara Boxer
United States Senator

Please do not respond to this message. If you would like to comment on legislation, please visit my website and use the correspondence form at https://boxer.senate.gov/contact/email/policy.cfm

that's the same form letter i received two years ago from her. she could at least update the wording from time to time. :rolleyes:

kick Z tail out
12-18-2009, 4:57 AM
I get so sick of these two pillars of the California political system. :rolleyes: