View Full Version : **WTB BLACK AND PINK SIG MOSQUITO**

77 sanger
12-16-2009, 4:23 PM
Looking for a black an pink sig mosquito in the Bakersfield /LA area
661-301-5898..
Thanks

sirr6
12-16-2009, 5:27 PM
calgunners are going to say this is not the cali approved roster.

PMMA92
12-17-2009, 4:31 AM
I saw one at City Arms in Pacifica 12 days ago and still there yesterday. Of course it is Kali approved as 2- tone or reverse 2- tone mosquito.

kemasa
12-17-2009, 7:38 AM
The black is approved, the pink is not. The exact model has to be listed and the pink is not listed on the approved list. It is stupid, but the color matters even though it does not affect the operation of the firearm. Notice that the Glock 17 OD is listed separately.

Call and ask if the Pink version is approved to confirm it. There is a person who deals specifically with the approved list, that is who you need to confirm it with.

You can replace the grip after the firearm is transferred.

It is possible to sell it if it is a PPT since then it does not need to be on the list.

JagerTroop
12-17-2009, 1:01 PM
Buy a black one and have the frame duracoated

NorCalMama
12-17-2009, 9:42 PM
The black is approved, the pink is not. The exact model has to be listed and the pink is not listed on the approved list. It is stupid, but the color matters even though it does not affect the operation of the firearm. Notice that the Glock 17 OD is listed separately.

Ok, so I'm CONFUSED... I go on the roster and it states this:
Mosquito (Blued) / Steel, Polymer Pistol 4" .22 LR 8/18/2010

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=30&productid=242

The slide finish states "blued"... but on the roster it doesn't specify pink, so is that the tip off that the two tone pink/black is not CA approved? Although the Mosquito (plain black) also states "blued", so that's likely what it's referring to.
What's more, it states on the link it is CA complient. Furthermore, on the roster it states "two toned"-isn't that pink/black??? Seriously, it seems pretty evident it's CA legal.
I don't know, I don't see the pink one on the roster, so I'd call a dealer.

Holy crap this state is ridiculous.

JagerTroop
12-17-2009, 11:43 PM
... Furthermore, on the roster it states "two toned"-isn't that pink/black??? Seriously, it seems pretty evident it's CA legal.
I don't know, I don't see the pink one on the roster, so I'd call a dealer.

Holy crap this state is ridiculous.

Not on the roster is a no-go.

Mosquito (Blued) / Steel, Polymer Pistol 4" .22 LR 8/18/2010
Mosquito (Reversed Two-Tone) / Steel, Polymer Pistol 4" .22 LR 6/13/2010
Mosquito (Two Tone) / Steel, Polymer Pistol 4" .22 LR 12/19/2010

The terms they use on the roster are direct descriptions from the manufacturer.

>>SEE HERE<< (http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProduct.aspx?categoryid=30)

Mosquito Two-Tone(on roster)
Mosquito (blued - on roster)
Mosquito w/ Threaded Barrel
Mosquito Reverse Two-Tone (on roster)
Mosquito Sport
Mosquito Pink Finish
Mosquito Desert Digital Camo
Mosquito Winter Digital

You're right. It is confusing, and it is senseless. Is a black gun safer than the same gun spray painted pink, or camo?:rolleyes:

kemasa
12-18-2009, 11:22 AM
One of the problems with the DOJ webpage is that under the column "model" is not really the specific model number, but instead is a more generic name. They should list the model number which could be used to identify the specific firearm. S&W is much clearer, Ruger is one of the worst because of the name/model. As mentioned, look at the names which Sig uses for the models and, in general, you will see those names on the list. The name used for the pink version is not listed.

There are many examples, but one that is confusing is the Sig P229 SAS2. The firearm is NOT marked that it is a SAS2. The list shows a SAS, but that is an older model. So, this firearm is not on the list, the Sig web page shows that it is not on the list, if you check with the CA DOJ they will say it is not on the list, but if you look on the list you could think that it is.

The list should not be based on non-functional issues, such as color, but that is not what it is.

JagerTroop
12-18-2009, 11:33 AM
...The list should not be based on non-functional issues, such as color, but that is not what it is.

There should be no list at all :D

It all boils down to revenue and restriction. California doesn't want us to have guns, so the powers that be will make it a tough as possible for gun makers to sell them here. If the Gun companies persist, they will pay extensively to sell them here. Cal. rakes in a hefty fee to "test" these different models/colors/etc.

My question... How can a pink Mosquito be safe for the entire country, yet not safe for Californians? I guess Cal. lawmakers just care about their subjects, more so than others states' rulers :rolleyes:

kemasa
12-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Yes, you are correct, there should be no list at all. If there is a problem with a firearm, then the maker can be sued. It is also clear that it is not about safety since law enforcement is exempt. My comment before is that if you are going to do such a list, then it should be based on real issues, not non-functional aspects. Be thankful that they don't consider night sights to be a different model :-).

It has to be "approved". It is not approved as the money has not been paid, the same with all the other models with different colors.

It is a backdoor ban and hopefully the lawsuit will get it tossed out. It would be nice if the voters had enough sense to vote the bums out, but I doubt that will ever happen. Why are EVIL (tm) a-salt weapons legal elsewhere, along with magazines with a capacity greater than 10 rounds? It has nothing to do with safety, it is harassment and a backdoor ban.

JagerTroop
12-18-2009, 12:28 PM
...It is a backdoor ban and hopefully the lawsuit will get it tossed out. It would be nice if the voters had enough sense to vote the bums out, but I doubt that will ever happen. Why are EVIL (tm) a-salt weapons legal elsewhere, along with magazines with a capacity greater than 10 rounds? It has nothing to do with safety, it is harassment and a backdoor ban.

Just as I stated before... It's about revenue and restriction. Restricting us from having most weapons, and charging outrageous fees for the few that they "let" us have.

On a side note,
I'm really surprised this hasn't been moved to gen discussion.

mlatino
12-19-2009, 2:50 AM
I watched a non leo purchase a brand new pink sig mosquito two days ago from a shop.

I also just purchased an OD Green FN Five SeveN (not on approved list) from the same shop. It was not located under the LE ONLY glass..

Weird.

kemasa
12-19-2009, 11:14 AM
There are many FFLs who do things which are questionable or in some cases illegal. It is difficult in looking at the paperwork to see what exactly occurred. If the bound book does not list that it was a pink Mosquito, how is someone, after the fact, going to know that it was not on the list?

sirr6
12-19-2009, 11:25 AM
i bought one also with no question, and have seen it at a few other places.

I watched a non leo purchase a brand new pink sig mosquito two days ago from a shop.

I also just purchased an OD Green FN Five SeveN (not on approved list) from the same shop. It was not located under the LE ONLY glass..

Weird.

Cnynrat
12-19-2009, 11:30 AM
We just got back from the OC Indoor Firing Range in Brea and they have a black & pink Sig Mosquito for sale there.

Steve G
12-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Oaktree gun club had like six sitting in the showcase the other day. Pink mosquitos for all!!!

PMMA92
12-19-2009, 11:38 AM
:detective:I saw one at City Arms in Pacifica 12 days ago and still there yesterday. Of course it is Kali approved as 2- tone or reverse 2- tone mosquito.

If they have it in a store , this must be on roster. Stores got a lot to lose and they will not sell without doing their homework. Same thing with vendors who supply them.

kemasa
12-19-2009, 12:17 PM
Sig will ship anything that you want, regardless of whether it is on the roster. It is up to the FFL to determine who in CA can legally buy it or sell it outside of CA.

It is a bad assumption that if it is in the store that it has to be on the roster. I have been told that many are selling it as the "two tone", which is actually a different model, but which is on the list.

You can ask them how they are selling it, but they might get upset with you. They may be making a mistake or misunderstanding what they are doing.

Sig may have had the pink version tested, but there are other steps in order to get it on the list. I heard several months ago that the P250 was tested and passed, but then the paperwork went to Sig and there were things that they needed to do. It is not on the roster yet though.