PDA

View Full Version : TDW backordered Imbel FAL receivers incoming!

MaxQ
11-28-2005, 4:43 PM
Got a call from Rav at The Dealer's Warehouse today. He said that April orders are finally being filled! The shipment is about ready to leave Brazil, should be in by next week or so, and will start going out to FFLs in 2-3 weeks.

This shipment is spoken for, but there might be a couple of cancellations. They also expect one more shipment to come in before the end of the year, so you might have a chance to get in on that one for under $250.

Hopefully this will finally happen... Although, I think I've said that before...

C.G.
11-28-2005, 4:57 PM
Got a call from Rav at The Dealer's Warehouse today. He said that April orders are finally being filled! The shipment is about ready to leave Brazil, should be in by next week or so, and will start going out to FFLs in 2-3 weeks.

This shipment is spoken for, but there might be a couple of cancellations. They also expect one more shipment to come in before the end of the year, so you might have a chance to get in on that one for under $250.

Hopefully this will finally happen... Although, I think I've said that before...

Damn, I ordered two in April and I sure didn't get a call!:mad:

jdberger
11-28-2005, 5:16 PM
It's 'cause they know you wear flip-flops to the range (when it is raining ;) )

C.G.
11-30-2005, 9:58 AM
It's 'cause they know you wear flip-flops to the range (when it is raining ;) )

He, he, he. Guess what, thanks to this post I called Rav and they just haven't gotten around to me yet. I have two Imbels coming!:D :D :D
They took my credit card number and I got an invoice number!

jdberger
11-30-2005, 10:52 AM
Just curious, but I think that CG sold me on a CaliFal - so what does a receiver cost? And how about a parts kit and assembly?

C.G.
11-30-2005, 12:35 PM
Just curious, but I think that CG sold me on a CaliFal - so what does a receiver cost? And how about a parts kit and assembly?
Unfortunately, no more cheap Imbel receivers coming into the country after December and all the ones that are coming are spoken for. So, if you can pick one up from a private party, it will be at least $275 more likely $300. DSA receiver are around $400, but at least they are supposed to be the best. Entreprise are $330 and supposedly their quality has improved. Coonan will start manufacturing them sometime in the future, price unknown.
Imbel kits range from $200 for crappy ones to $300 for excellent bore (Got one of those from Gunthings). The best kits I've seen are STG kits from FSE, excellent bore, matching numbers for $350 (the two I got looked like they've never been fired, only cycled). And then you need 7 domestic parts, which is another $150-200. Assembly with parkerizing another $230 or so.
Sorry to pass on the infection.:D No known antidote once you get the bug.

Pryde
11-30-2005, 3:03 PM
FYI, not all the Imbels have been spoken for, only the TDW ones, there are other places out there that will be getting Imbel shipments before year's end.

Imbel Kits are impossible to find for under $250, classicarms has them on sale for $229 now though.

DSA receivers have gone up in price, I called them a few days ago, they are not producing any Type 3 receivers, Type 2 receivers are $450 and I wasn't even going to bother asking how much the type 1's were.... Price gouging at its finest.

Entreprise and Coonan receivers are made from a casting. Imbels and DSAs are forged, which makes for far superior quality.

jdberger
11-30-2005, 4:23 PM
One last question:

What is the difference between a Type I, II and III reciever? Why would I want any of these over the others?

Advantages/disadvantages???

Rascal
11-30-2005, 4:50 PM
Type III receivers have not lightening cuts. Type I and II have the lightening cuts. I believe that the Type I is the original Styer/FN configruation, and the Type II was a later revision that FN made for the STG and R1.
The lightening cuts reduce the weight of the receiver, and makes them looks good.

jdberger
11-30-2005, 4:51 PM
Lightening cuts are good or bad?

icormba
11-30-2005, 4:54 PM
Lightening cuts are good or bad?

for normal folks like us... means nothing. They do look cool though!

Rascal
11-30-2005, 4:54 PM
The lightening cuts reduce the weight of the receiver. This is good.:)
It also makes them look nicer. This is also good. :D

Pryde
11-30-2005, 4:58 PM
Lightening cuts are purely cosmetic.
The actual weight reduced is 4 oz. which isn't very much.

Type 1 receivers with the lightening cuts are typically more expensive by $50-100. Most FAL producing companies switched to Type 3 later on in production to reduce costs.

The original Belgian FAL and the Steyr have lightening cuts in the receiver, the Imbels are type 3 with no cuts.

Personally I like the smooth look of the type 3 better, type 1 is a bit too gaudy for me.

If you want to see the difference for yourself check http://www.dsarms.com under "upper receivers".

Rascal
11-30-2005, 5:28 PM
Yea well, shaving 4 oz off a 9 pound rifle isn't much, but every little bit counts.;)

Rumpled
11-30-2005, 5:34 PM
Someone on the waiting list should be getting a call from Rav.
He called me yesterday for the receiver I ordered in March.
I got it in May and they missed that part.
Price has gone up, though not as much as most gougers would charge, considering this will be the last import of these ever.
Mine was $179, $249 now.

C.G.
11-30-2005, 6:41 PM
One last question:

What is the difference between a Type I, II and III reciever? Why would I want any of these over the others?

Advantages/disadvantages???

Here's lot of info and what they look like: http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=101100

Personally I think the type II is most appealing, just personal preference.

BigMac
12-01-2005, 6:09 PM
There may still be hope CG. I got a call from RAV too.
Everyone that has one on order from me should call me or e-mail me soon. I'll call them again and double check the price.
He may have to pac his recievers up his butt though. I just worked out the price on 6 recievers I started ordering back in FEb and the price to me including shipping is more than I charge for them! Like a 125 bucks more! The new price shipped to me was, is $273.00 each! Screw that! 50 bucks more and I'm buying a US part.

bwiese
12-01-2005, 6:29 PM
Like a 125 bucks more! The new price shipped to me was, is $273.00 each! Screw that! 50 bucks more and I'm buying a US part.

Yeah, Imbels are good but at that price you can get a DSA and get it counted as one US-mfgd compliance part...

Pryde
12-02-2005, 3:45 PM
Yeah, Imbels are good but at that price you can get a DSA and get it counted as one US-mfgd compliance part...

That's a negative, DSA has recently raised thier prices.

Thier return email from a week ago said Type 2's were $440 and I forget how much Type 1's were but the # was above $500. They are not currently making type 1's

C.G.
12-02-2005, 5:12 PM
That's a negative, DSA has recently raised thier prices.

Thier return email from a week ago said Type 2's were $440 and I forget how much Type 1's were but the # was above $500. They are not currently making type 1's
I see you've been to their site; I guess they figure they won't have much competition soon.

Pryde
12-03-2005, 4:04 AM
I really hate to say this, but it really goes to show how much DSA cares about the shooting community.

What? Imbels are banned now? We're the only forged receiver game in town....... Let's jack up the price $200!!!

Ravenslair
12-03-2005, 7:53 AM
That is capitalism. Remove the competition and you can set whatever price people are willing to pay. I hate to give away a secret... but but for those of you in Sacramento, River City Gun Exchange (916-428-0377) has several Imbels in stock. I better pick up my third before they disappear, now that I have spilled the beans!

icormba
12-03-2005, 10:10 AM
I really hate to say this, but it really goes to show how much DSA cares about the shooting community.

What? Imbels are banned now? We're the only forged receiver game in town....... Let's jack up the price $200!!!

Well yeah, any business's bottom line is making money. $200 is a bit high of a mark-up that's for sure. But DSA does have a bigger problem with too high a demand and too low of a supply... of pretty much everything. I still say they make some damn good products though & I'm glad they actually offer thier recievers for sale and don't force me to buy one of their $1400 complete rifles.

I must say... If I'm gonna have to pay $400-500 for a receiver... I better get it in 10 days. ;)

p.s. I do feel their prices will drop after time... especially after Harlen and Dan get the DC FAL receivers going again... which will probably be after all this AK building fad goes away. ;)