PDA

View Full Version : SKS wont eject spent Casings?

caduckgunner
11-28-2005, 12:58 PM
Went to Burro Canyon on Friday. Took my new SKS. After shooting a round, it wont ecject the spent case. I had to remove the bolt cover and bang on the bold to get it to back down. What would cause this? I cheanged the spring position on the bolt, but that didn't fix it. There is a small piece of metal sticking up between the Trigger and the magazine, it seems like it is getting stuck on there. I can take some pictures tonight if needed. Thanks for any help.

PanzerAce
11-28-2005, 1:02 PM
could it be set to launch grenades? cause IIRC some one else said they had a similar problem (maybe with a different rifle), and it turned out that they had set it to launch grenades, which prevents the round from being ejected.

caduckgunner
11-28-2005, 1:06 PM
I moved the push pin looking thing by the grenade site and tried fring it both ways, didn't work either way.

Rascal
11-28-2005, 1:18 PM
Does is even try to open the bolt after firing? I would go to surplusweapons.com and check out the whole gas system. Usually if it's just a gas leak the bolt will open up somewhat, not just stay closed. check to see if the gas port is clogged.
Can you lift the grenade site up? If you can, then you have the gass button in the wrong position.

caduckgunner
11-28-2005, 2:16 PM
I may have moved the gas button when I was cleaning it, could that have something to do with it?

Rascal
11-28-2005, 2:40 PM
Yes it could.
Read my post about yours. surplusweapons.com has a very good tutorial that show how to take your SKS apart and put it back together again correctly.

Ratters
11-28-2005, 4:20 PM
could it be set to launch grenades? cause IIRC some one else said they had a similar problem (maybe with a different rifle), and it turned out that they had set it to launch grenades, which prevents the round from being ejected.

Ha, that's what happened to me the first time I tried to shoot my Yugo. Thanks goodness there was someone who knew what they were doing shooting next to me that day. :D