PDA

View Full Version : Provisional Single Stack 1911 division ?

midvalleyshooter
11-27-2005, 9:44 AM
Hi,

How many USPSA clubs in your area are going to run the USPSA Provisional Single Stack 1911 division?

How many shooters do you know who plan on shooting in this new division?

Thanks in advance,
Keith

just4fun63
12-01-2005, 2:18 PM
I think our club is wait and see. if we have enough interest we will shoot the class. I plan on shooting it one match per month and shooting limited on the other. I can't say for sure but that is my guess from hearing the leaders talk.:confused:

BigAL
12-01-2005, 4:21 PM
I'm guessing my club will as well. Lots of guys shot single stack 1911s in L10 so I would guess they'd want to try single stack too.

midvalleyshooter
12-02-2005, 7:25 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. The local USPSA club over here by Modesto has the same concerns about the number of shooters who might shoot SSD. I suppose the thing I will do is show up and declare I am shooting single stack division and just see how it goes.

By the way for those of you that don't know USPSA is running a provisional single stack division in thier matches. Its designed to allow a place for shooters to use 1911 single stack pistols with magazines flush with the bottom of the grip frame. Rules are here:
http://www.uspsa.org/rules/1911_Single_Stack.pdf

I hope it works out. Especially here in mag capacity challenged California.

MVS

just4fun63
12-02-2005, 11:53 AM
I hope it works out too. I have 4-5 friends who would shoot with us more if they felt their ss were competive. They don't care to spend the $$ to move into limited or buy the mags for L-10 but they have everything for the new ss division.

just4fun63
12-02-2005, 11:54 AM
MVS when does the Modesto club shoot? do they have classifers every match?

midvalleyshooter
12-02-2005, 12:27 PM
At the Oakdale Sportsman Club about 10 miles east of Modesto. Heres a link to thier web site: http://home.comcast.net/~dmuirhead99/oscps.html

MVS

sargenv
01-19-2006, 11:15 AM
Richmond is scoring Single stack division by itself, we had 1 shooter in that division in the last match (Jan Limited). There are an ample # of people who have single stacks. Both major and minor.

Vince

Fjold
01-19-2006, 2:21 PM
At the Oakdale Sportsman Club about 10 miles east of Modesto. Heres a link to thier web site: http://home.comcast.net/~dmuirhead99/oscps.html

MVS

I used to shoot with the Stockdale Sportsman's and Oakdale crowd 12 -15 years ago. I looked at your last few match results and spotted one name that I recognized from that time.

LCAZES
01-19-2006, 8:12 PM
Vince, it actually looks like he didnt get scored at all. The one single stack shooter is NOT included in any of the posted results that count. The only SS results show up on the combined division results which are of course unofficial as always. Is this because there was only one shooter, ie. not enough to shoot for score in that division?

Larry

D.carden
01-19-2006, 8:28 PM
Vince, Larry

You guys, and many others could possilbly classify in SS div on the 29th ??
Might be a good starting point !!

LCAZES
01-20-2006, 5:54 PM
NAH.....I am already classified for L10, Limited, and Open. If I want to shoot my singlestack 1911s I will do it in L10 as I have in the past. We are planning on shooting Open on the 29th. See ya there.

midvalleyshooter
01-21-2006, 9:49 PM
I shot the Oakdale match just this past Sunday and I entered Single Stack Division. This match features open squadding and many shooters shoot two guns. The guy who won SSD also shot Lim. 10. Interesting is the fact his score was better in SSD even though he shot SSD first, go figure Here is the break down of entries per division for 38 total shooters:
Open - 14
Limited - 11
Limited 10 - 3
Production - 4
Revolver - 3
Single Stack - 3

I have not shot USPSA regulary in several years. I have shot some Cowboy Action and IDPA in the interim. Single Stack Division has me interested again. Anyhow, I was third in SSD out of three shooters I enjoyed blasting away with my Springfield and plan to do it again as soon as I can.

Keith

PS The club scoring guru said a simple patch was all that was needed to score SSD and it was down loadable from the USPSA web site, cool huh?

midvalleyshooter
01-21-2006, 10:03 PM
Hey Han Cholo,

Come on out to Oakdale for USPSA. Shooting is shooting, all trigger time is good:)

Keith

sargenv
01-22-2006, 9:27 PM
I could but I'd have to borrow a gun.. I don't OWN a single stack anymore.. One of the few I don't. And Larry, it may be because it was just 1 person, though it might have been an oversight since I've been "scored" as the only revolver guy a few times as I'm sure Dan has also.

Besides, the 29th just so happens to fall on the last day of Duck season and that's where I'll be :)

Vince

Exiledviking
01-23-2006, 9:32 AM
Me and my buddy, Jim, are planning on shooting the SS next month.

Should be FUN!!!

sargenv
01-25-2006, 9:21 AM
It appears that, after visiting the USPSA web site, they place you in your highest classification for the Provisional Single stack division . So since I'm B in Lim and Lim 10, I'm also a B in Single stack, even though I um, don't shoot it or even have one.

Vince