PDA

View Full Version : Victory in San Mateo County

H Paul Payne
12-15-2009, 9:46 AM
Working together works!

See http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_13999328?nclick_check=1 for more information.

At the time of posting this thread, the freedom-robbing proposed ordinances in San Mateo County have been removed from the agenda.

This was a great team effort by the NRA (utilizing our Members' Councils), the CRPA, the CGF, and (or course) our legal team at Chuck Michel and Associates. It was an honor to participate in the fight to protect firearms owners, dealers, and the general public from those who would deny us our freedoms.

Thanks again to all of those who helped.

Paul

shooting4life
12-15-2009, 10:13 AM
Good news!

hoffmang
12-15-2009, 10:14 AM
Thanks again to everyone who attended!

-Gene

chickenfried
12-15-2009, 10:19 AM
What!! I thought the meeting was tonight? I suck. But great news!
link doesn't work
http://www.mercurynews.com/search/ci_13999328?IADID=Search-www.mercurynews.com-www.mercurynews.com
Thanks again to everyone who attended!

-Gene

Untamed1972
12-15-2009, 10:25 AM
WOOHOO!!! KICK@SS!!!

wash
12-15-2009, 10:29 AM
I was happy to attend and talk to the board about my position on the two proposed ordinances.

It was funny, after I left the meeting I realized that the ordinances would have made it more difficult to legally sell ammunition in unincorporated San Mateo county than in East Palo Alto (incorporated San Mateo County).

I believe the speakers against the ordinces (there were none for it) did well, especially Oaklander, Gene Hoffman and Mike Schrader.

davescz
12-15-2009, 11:06 AM
Thought I'd cross post this from the other thread runnning:

Was at the Supervisor meeting this morning.

They decided to postpone the vote till later. I take this is a good sign, the main supporter of this law was sweating a whole host of citizen comments.
The meeting room was nearly at capacity, no pro-law speakers. I heard a guard at the metal check comment on the large number of people passing thru that morning, they were working really fast! (Note to me: Next time leave the metal belt buckle, and loose change at home.)

Many well informed speakers gave nice presentions.

Some spoke of the problem of the short notice given prior to the hearing, others pointed out possible legal issues with the proposed laws, and the expense the County will incurr defending itself. Others spoke on the ineffectivness of these laws in preventing crime, the Constitutionality of the laws, civil rights, and impact on legal bussiness. There was even a Free offer to educate the Supervisors in firearm safety for them and their family by a certified instructor!

With the postponement, the supervisors are possibly thinking they need to study this more, allow for more citizen feedback, and legal advice. Lets make sure they understand this issue well and our concerns when they vote next.

Meet some nice folks there today, good to see so many thinking, articulate folks turn out.

very educational experience on governement!

cheers!

AndrewMendez
12-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Time to donate some more!

NorCalMama
12-15-2009, 12:09 PM
What!! I thought the meeting was tonight? I suck. But great news!
link doesn't work
http://www.mercurynews.com/search/ci_13999328?IADID=Search-www.mercurynews.com-www.mercurynews.com

Hey, the meeting to night is in Sacramento at 6 pm...

davescz
12-15-2009, 12:13 PM
post that as a new headline thread, that will get more views on this board and more attendees!

oaklander
12-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Make sure you post your comments in the article:

http://www.mercurynews.com/search/ci_13999328

Kid Stanislaus
12-15-2009, 1:58 PM
Hey, the meeting to night is in Sacramento at 6 pm...

What meeting is that and where is it going to be. Maybe I'll get to attend TWO pro-gun events in one day!!

Purple K
12-15-2009, 2:05 PM
What meeting is that and where is it going to be. Maybe I'll get to attend TWO pro-gun events in one day!!

Me too!

bwiese
12-15-2009, 7:04 PM

I luv ya, brudda.

And you looked damned respectable today for a guy named "Kid Stanislaus" ;)

trashman
12-15-2009, 7:31 PM
Nice work guys -- sorry I couldn't attend as I am on a tight deadline through the end of the year.

It really warms my heart to see all the support from the CGF/.Net, the NRA, and beyond...

--Neill

johnny_22
12-16-2009, 7:44 AM
Lots of quotes:

http://www.mercurynews.com/peninsula/ci_14007054

Very nice. Thank you!

Kid Stanislaus
12-16-2009, 8:45 AM
I luv ya, brudda.

That's the only thing I've got to wear besides jeans! BTW Bill, I was sorta expect'n to see that good look'n sidekick of your's. You didn't make her work while you went to the party, did ya?

Kid Stanislaus
12-16-2009, 8:51 AM
Lots of quotes: http://www.mercurynews.com/peninsula/ci_14007054 Very nice. Thank you!

Gibson is SO adept at using all the "right" sounding phrases.

oaklander
12-16-2009, 8:55 AM
Actually - there are NO gun dealers and NO ammo sales in Oakland. At least that's what I recall saying.

davescz
12-16-2009, 10:01 AM
My hero for that day! BTW there were a lot more than two dozen.

No gun dealers, is what Kevin said.

the paper tends to lie, very left leaning. i have experienced Mr. Bishops reporting before. he reported on a town hall meeting with representative jackie Speir. much of the talk was on obama care.
Mr. Bishop and his so called newspaper decalred that it was 'angry white men" that were aginst obama care. (funny I heard a married couple, prossibly asian background, with too young girls question the obama care)
Mr. Bishops discribed the anti-obama-care crowd as loud and threatening (not his exact words, but that was his generalized discription) funny the only person I saw ejected there was a load union thug that was over shouting the representative, this ejected guy was pro-obama care. I was the one that asked he be ejected, and the representative's lead man at the event promplty had the police remove him (we was shouting profanities infront of women and children)
Mr. Bishop was present when this happened, I saw him there and spoke with him afterwards.

I expect nothing more than lies and distortions by anyone associated with the San Jose Murky news company. You wont get fair nor imparital reporting from Mr. Bishop and gang, unless your a left leaning liberal. good luck with the press.

Dan M.
12-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Good going, you folks up there. Keep it up!

thedrickel
12-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Ha, I had a feeling he was going to quote me on that.

jdberger
12-16-2009, 4:57 PM
Ha, I had a feeling he was going to quote me on that.

You're my hero, Drick!

MidnightSon117
12-16-2009, 5:27 PM
I can see the footprint on Gibson's *** from here! Looks like there's room for more footprints ;)

oaklander
12-17-2009, 9:21 AM
Video online - watch the first 22 minutes:

http://www.co.sanmateo.ca.us/portal/site/bos/menuitem.69bd4f4d13fb0fc165d293e5d17332a0/?vgnextoid=5383e89799bc1210VgnVCM1000001d37230aRCR D&vgnextfmt=DivisionsLanding

CalNRA
12-17-2009, 9:26 AM
I luv ya, brudda.

damn,, I gotta show up next time to witness these bro-mance moments.

(I had a major exam for my MS degree on Tuesday)