PDA

View Full Version : CGF San Mateo County Ordinance Opposition Letter

hoffmang
12-14-2009, 5:12 PM
We tendered our opposition letter (http://www.hoffmang.com/firearms/smcounty/CGF-San-Mateo-Ordinance-Opp-2009-12-14.pdf) to San Mateo's Board of Supervisors earlier today.

We are hearing that Mrs. Jacobs Gibson has asked to withdraw the proposed ordinances. However, since they are on the agenda tomorrow, I suggest everyone show up to make sure that these do not surprisingly move forward.

-Gene

Steyr_223
12-14-2009, 5:28 PM
I like the letter. Any reason cited for Ms. Gibson request to withdraw?

Soldier415
12-14-2009, 5:38 PM
Very well written Gene.

Checkmate

MudCamper
12-14-2009, 5:45 PM
Great letter. I love how you refer to gun-control laws as "restrictions on the civil rights of firearms owners". It really puts things into proper perspective. And warning them how much attorney's fees are going to cost is just awesome!

HowardW56
12-14-2009, 5:51 PM
It is a well written letter...

"LCAV does not, to our knowledge, promise to pay for the prevailing attorney’s fees."

Just a gentle reminder of what it may cost...

bwiese
12-14-2009, 5:54 PM
Again, while we are hearing some possibility of favorable noises, IT'S NOT OFF THE AGENDA. THIS COULD STILL HAPPEN.

THE BATTLE IS STILL ON: PLEASE DO *NOT* STAND DOWN.

THE L.C.A.V. antis MAY NOT BE ABOVE PROCEDURAL TRICKERY!!

.... THIS MEANS WE NEED THE THUNDERING HERDS ARE STILL 100% HOT AND READY TO GO.

PLEASE STILL MAKE PLANS TO ATTEND, AND SPEAK OUT!

And even if perchance someone hears some good news about this, please do NOT give or believe ANY stand down alert - UNLESS it comes from NRA or its legal team, or is on the official California NRA and/or CRPA websites, or from CGFers here (Gene, me, Oaklander - who will validate it appropriately before issuance).

[We don't want people standing down early on a rumor - we had that unfortunate issue a few months ago with an uninformed Calgunner regarding AB962.]

THE L.C.A.V. antis MAY NOT BE ABOVE PROCEDURAL TRICKERY.

pullnshoot25
12-14-2009, 5:58 PM
Damn Gene, you friggin LAID DOWN THE LAW with that letter. Hot damn! I freaking love it!

obeygiant
12-14-2009, 8:32 PM
Damn Gene, you friggin LAID DOWN THE LAW with that letter. Hot damn! I freaking love it!

My thoughts exactly. Great work Gene!

bwiese
12-14-2009, 8:42 PM
Again, while we are hearing some rumors (and only rumors) of favorable noises, THIS IS NOT OFF THE AGENDA. THIS COULD STILL HAPPEN.

THE L.C.A.V. antis MAY NOT BE ABOVE PROCEDURAL TRICKERY!!

PLEASE CONTINUE TO MAKE PLANS TO ATTEND, AND SPEAK OUT!

And even if perchance someone hears some good news about this, please do NOT give or believe ANY stand down alert - UNLESS it comes from NRA or its legal team, or is on the official California NRA and/or CRPA websites, or from CGFers here (Gene, me, Oaklander - who will validate it appropriately before issuance).

[We don't want people standing down early on a rumor - we had that unfortunate issue a few months ago with an uninformed Calgunner regarding AB962.]

THE L.C.A.V. antis MAY NOT BE ABOVE PROCEDURAL TRICKERY.

elrcastor
12-14-2009, 9:15 PM
Keep up the good Smak Down!!!

jdberger
12-14-2009, 9:34 PM
Nice letter. :)

vengerltc
12-14-2009, 9:38 PM
oh snap!

NiteQwill
12-14-2009, 9:50 PM
I freaking love it! :D

FS00008
12-14-2009, 9:58 PM
OMG! Gene... way to lay down the law.....

SJgunguy24
12-14-2009, 10:00 PM
What time is the meeting and where is it held? I ride a mt bike and would love to go but will I be able to take my backpack in? I carry tools just in case I need to fix something. We really need to stick it too them.

Purple K
12-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Awesome letter!!! I'll definately be there! I was almost duped by legal shennanigans once. I got an early morning phone call from an "assistant" of the legal office saying that court was cancelled for that day. It sounded fishy, so I checked it out. It was a fake call by the opposition of the party that I was a witness for.

Purple K
12-14-2009, 10:03 PM
What time is the meeting and where is it held? I ride a mt bike and would love to go but will I be able to take my backpack in? I carry tools just in case I need to fix something. We really need to stick it too them.

Tuesday morning, Dec. 15th, at 9:15am, a gunowners rights-restricting ordinance will be voted on by the Full Board of Supervisors of San Mateo County at 9:15AM in the Board Chambers on the First Floor of the County Jail Building.

FreedomIsNotFree
12-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Great letter Gene. Succinct and to the point.

El Gato
12-14-2009, 10:41 PM
Wow...nicely done