PDA

View Full Version : Question about AB962

SJ78
12-14-2009, 3:42 AM
When this law goes into effect next year , does this mean everytime you go to the range and buy ammo to shoot ! you will have to have your thumb printed ?

cbn620
12-14-2009, 3:55 AM
In order to purchase handgun ammo, yes.

It does not go into effect until Feb. 2011 though.

SJ78
12-14-2009, 5:23 PM
The bad thing about this is if you shoot every month , the Gov that keeps records might think your stocking up instead of range use . Arnold is one
fake repulican .

bodger
12-14-2009, 5:34 PM
The bad thing about this is if you shoot every month , the Gov that keeps records might think your stocking up instead of range use . Arnold is one
fake repulican .

That's one of the best reasons I can think of to make those road trips to neighboring free states and buy in bulk. I mean BIG bulk.
Like 101st Airborne bulk.

They can take their record keeping and fingerprinting and shove it.
I'm never, ever, going to submit to that crap.

SJ78
12-14-2009, 6:08 PM
I can't believe Arnold got elected twice !

TripleT
12-14-2009, 7:16 PM
Logged by the vendor. Unless there's a problem the record stays with the vendor. But that's bad enough.

Quser.619
12-14-2009, 7:29 PM
I was under the impression that only the online sales went into effect Feb 2011, whereas some of the provisions became law Jan 2010. Please tell me I just misread that...

McCrown
12-14-2009, 7:30 PM
does anybody know how long the vendor is going to keep the records for?

glock_this
12-14-2009, 7:34 PM
if you had an AR "pistol" using 223 - how do they deal with that? or is 223, no matter what it is shot out of - considered rifle ammo to the gov?

Librarian
12-14-2009, 7:51 PM
if you had an AR "pistol" using 223 - how do they deal with that? or is 223, no matter what it is shot out of - considered rifle ammo to the gov?

If that garbage survives McDonald and other reasonable challenges, those details will be created by regulations proposed by the DOJ. One might expect something about June/July next year, for implementation 2011.

Until those regs are proposed, the only possible answer is "we don't know".

glock_this
12-14-2009, 8:06 PM
If that garbage survives McDonald and other reasonable challenges, those details will be created by regulations proposed by the DOJ. One might expect something about June/July next year, for implementation 2011.

thanks.. figured a detail like that had been hashed out as it is a signed law, so figured it was determined already. so a law was signed, and some key specifics are not even clear yet? is 223 pistol or rifle ammo.. huh, maybe it will depend on what you tell the seller it is for :confused:

Waldog
12-14-2009, 8:24 PM
Don't forget guys, the seller/shop/store now will have to have special storage facilities that does not allow the buyer to "touch" the ammo. He will also have to pay for some stupid -)&*$#!! California approved "finger-print" training AND buy some expensive California approved tracking software to keep track of everything purchased.

The worst of this is: Some dealers will quit selling handgun ammo.
The next worst of this is: Ammo prices are going to go up A LOT due to the added expenses forced on the seller which WILL be passed on to the buyer.

Handgun ammo prices are already high. Come Feb 2011, I'll wager that prices will DOUBLE. Get ready Arizona and Nevada, here we come!!

cbn620
12-14-2009, 8:57 PM

Would it be reasonable to assume they treat it like .22 LR at Wal-Mart? Wal-Mart asks "are you using this for a pistol or rifle?" I usually say "Neither" and if they push the issue I say "rifle."

Anyways I have hope that AB 373 has a shot at repealing this. If not, I am confident we will find some way to deal with it. It seems like 962 is a drop in the bucket compared to the wheels in motion already to cap these BS laws.

SJ78
12-15-2009, 12:00 AM
And to think Arnold ! could have shut this down with a stroke of a pen .
Thank God this fake can't be re-elected .

bodger
12-15-2009, 12:05 AM
Don't forget guys, the seller/shop/store now will have to have special storage facilities that does not allow the buyer to "touch" the ammo. He will also have to pay for some stupid -)&*$#!! California approved "finger-print" training AND buy some expensive California approved tracking software to keep track of everything purchased.

The worst of this is: Some dealers will quit selling handgun ammo.
The next worst of this is: Ammo prices are going to go up A LOT due to the added expenses forced on the seller which WILL be passed on to the buyer.

Handgun ammo prices are already high. Come Feb 2011, I'll wager that prices will DOUBLE. Get ready Arizona and Nevada, here we come!!

I'm absolutely going to be buying out of state if this stupidity actually goes into effect. We should send Kevin DeLeon a photo of an eighteen wheeler loaded with ammo purchased legally out of state and brought legally back to CA.

And any stories that arise from proliferation of black market ammo sales within the state should be faxed by the thousands to DeLeon's office daily.

Not that it would matter.

glock_this
12-15-2009, 7:53 AM
We should send Kevin DeLeon a photo of an eighteen wheeler loaded with ammo

that would take about 12 minutes of photoshop time to do if you can't find one 4 real :)