PDA

View Full Version : On hold 'till the 23rd is my new S&W Sigma .40VE

desert-rat
12-13-2009, 11:05 PM
Bought an S&W .40 this weekend and will pick it up on the 23rd. I really wanted the M&P, cost more than what I wanted so just went with the Sigma. Take it with my bro and uncle shooting with their pistols as well. Can't wait to take it out.

vta
12-14-2009, 12:34 AM
welcome to calguns. congrats on your pistol. if you like the sigma, you will really like a glock.

joelberg
12-14-2009, 1:37 AM
+2

The SW40VE was my first non-black powder pistol and I've been very happy with it. Do a search on youtube and you can find videos showing how to perform a trigger job to lighten and smooth up that trigger.

Welcome to CalGuns!

mcholak
12-14-2009, 7:04 AM
I'm going to get flamed like hell, but I think you'll like the Sigma better than a Glock. To me, the ergonomics are better. What you lose versus the Glock is the parts available to upgrade or customize the Sigma. I haven't been on the site in ages, but there is a pretty detailed procedure for smoothing out the trigger. Part of the reason the gun is so much cheaper is they just punch out the parts and put it together, with a little polishing the trigger gets much, much better. I'll see if I can find that link and post it.

mcholak
12-14-2009, 7:15 AM
I didn't read through this whole thread but I'm pretty sure this is the one I remember. I think they cut a spring or two, I don't think I'd do that. Just doing the polishing helps out a lot. It's still a long trigger and somewhat heavy, but it is a lot smoother. I actually need to do a little bit more polishing, there is just a little bit of a hitch on mine. I may be wrong, but I think you'll like you Sigma.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-semi-auto-pistols/78289-sigma-trigger-mods-caution.html