PDA

View Full Version : Series FFL question.

NaughtyMonkey
12-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Ok I no gun stores have there FFL license and can do the DROS, etc.

But there is a guy who always attends gun shows here in Kern County, where I live, and he does the FFL and stuff like that out of his own house, and the DROS and he keeps the guns there during the 10 day waiting period.

How would one go about to be able to do this,

Thanks.

tenpercentfirearms
12-14-2009, 5:57 AM
Series FFL question.

Ok I no gun stores have there FFL license and can do the DROS, etc.

http://terriblywrite.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/spelling-fail-1.jpg

But there is a guy who always attends gun shows here in Kern County, where I live, and he does the FFL and stuff like that out of his own house, and the DROS and he keeps the guns there during the 10 day waiting period.

How would one go about to be able to do this,

Thanks.

Is it Randy? He is a good guy.

First thing is check with your local business license issuer. If they say no home based FFLs, then no home based FFLs. That is how the City of Taft was. So I had to find a store front. You might have better odds if you live in the county.

Again, check with whoever issues you a business license. They are the number one step.

NaughtyMonkey
12-14-2009, 5:13 PM
Ok thanks for the info, will look into this.

Don't think his name is Randy but I can be mistaken, I'm not good with names.

tenpercentfirearms
12-14-2009, 9:41 PM
Ok thanks for the info, will look into this.

Don't think his name is Randy but I can be mistaken, I'm not good with names.

White guy with a mustache and reading glasses? Always has a hat on and is to the left of the entrance with an end of the row booth?

I mean there could be others.

NaughtyMonkey
12-15-2009, 10:37 AM
The guys last name is Goen, I think thats how you spell it, not sure what his first name is. Could be the guy, I'm not sure, he has red hair, he chews.

tenpercentfirearms
12-15-2009, 9:55 PM
The guys last name is Goen, I think thats how you spell it, not sure what his first name is. Could be the guy, I'm not sure, he has red hair, he chews.

Nope that is Jeff (spelling, might be Geoff) Goens. He does the PPTs for the gun shows. I know him too.

You must check your local business license first. If that isn't a go, then nothing else matters.

NaughtyMonkey
12-15-2009, 10:15 PM
Ok thanks a bunch. I'll look into this further.