View Full Version : How does one go about applying for a CCW???

12-13-2009, 1:13 AM
I plan on applying for a CCW not sure how to. I know the chances are slim but I figure why not try...

12-13-2009, 1:26 AM
I plan on applying for a CCW not sure how to. I know the chances are slim but I figure why not try...what city/county are you in. With that info someone may be able to give you more info to point you in the correct direction.

"figure why not try" One thing to realize is that your upfront costs could add up to $200, so that could be one reason not to try if there is no chance of being successful.

12-13-2009, 1:31 AM
I'm in San Joaquin county I live in the city of stockton, I was talking to my close friends dad the chief of police about carrying and I told him I always have a pistol in my car and he said "Just try applying for a CCW" So I figured why not but I did not realized it cost 200 bucks up front just to apply jee wizzz!!!

12-13-2009, 1:33 AM
I'm not sure of the exact cost, but basically the issuing authority can have you pay stuff like a CCW class, background check, processing fee, etc, and then they decide whether or not to issue.

12-13-2009, 1:35 AM
Well either way I figure I should just apply anyways. To bad UOC or LOC is not a option :/ .

12-13-2009, 1:36 AM
1) become a politician
2) campaign rigorously to restrict gun ownership
3) get your CCW

12-13-2009, 1:37 AM
looks like you are in a virtually non-issue county, http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/clownburner/OCCCWS/ca_ccw_map-big.png

But, if your friend's dad is the COP of Stockton, he could issue you a CCW if he wanted to. So, annectdotal stories about how it is impossible to get a CCW in San Joaquin county may not apply to you.

12-13-2009, 1:43 AM
COP son is like my brother the COP is the one who told me to apply, At the time I was not interested but recently I had bad encounter where I would have felt at least at ease knowing I had something to protect my self with "nothing happened but I about S*** my pants" .

12-13-2009, 1:47 AM
If you have that kind of connect with the COP of your town, then just ask him what he needs you to do in order for him to issue you a CCW.

Just ask him, if I go through the process, will you issue me a CCW. If he says yes, then go for it. If he says no, then don't even bother, unless you want to try to get one from the Sheriff of the county, but then you run into the "redness" of the county, as shown on that map.

12-13-2009, 1:50 AM
I'll definitely do that. I'm tired of being un armed in this damn city while thugs are armed to the teeth.

12-13-2009, 2:00 AM
I told a guy politely "hey bud you're brights are on just lettin ya know" I was being friendly and everything. well they turned around followed me with my lady in the car on my way back from hunting I had rifles in the car and of course my glock in my camelbak locked. Well they continued to follow me and throw up gang signs, I pulled my phone up to my ear to call the police. The guys pulled up next to me and started yelling at me and waved a pistol at the light. I blew the light and shaking I took my key out and told my lady to get my pistol she unlocked it wich seemed like forever and handed me my pistol I loaded in a mag cocked it and kept it at the ready this point I had dropped my phone on the floor board as I was more worried about defending myself than playing with my phone. The guys pulled up next to me "I was in a 4 banger and they were in a chevy SS truck and started yelling "I said look guys I don't want any trouble just trying to help out so you didn't get a ticket" The guys started yelling "Norte blah blah" So I finally told the guys "I already called the police and read of you're plates the cops are on their way I told them what route I would drive on and I am armed and you need to quit following me now!" I took all steps necessary "that I could think of at the time being scared and under pressure" to avoid the situation but I am still scared these guys will see me out and about.

12-22-2009, 6:12 AM
dont talk to or help anyone in stockton.
And remember Cops shoot a lot of people in this city as well.