PDA

View Full Version : WTB Hi-Point .45 Sacto area

badandy
12-11-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm told these have not yet been approved as a new purchase, I'm looking for a bargain, not sure yet how interested I may be in a handgun, yet want a .45... Have been shooting since 12 but not much in about 20 yrs. Looking for some target time, and protection, I hope my pit bulls get'em before I ever have to pull a weapon. Basically I'm interested in something new to do. Other suggestions or offers are welcome. I can get 9mm easily, have planned that for my wife, ego dictates my gun be larger than hers, so would like a .45.

M. Sage
12-11-2009, 11:52 PM
Moved it for you.

badandy
12-12-2009, 4:49 PM
bump ditti bump. Just to clarify... Willing to purchase anything in $200 price range, which results in nothing greater than "Hi-point" for a .45 caliber handgun. I am open to anything that members may be willing to part with. Thank you.

badandy
12-14-2009, 8:59 PM
Still looking, Thank you.

leitung
12-15-2009, 9:10 AM
Good luck, they are not on the safe list and never have been. You will need to find someone local so you can PPT and I dont think many LEOs own one or want one, so your only chance is finding one that someone brought in from out of state..

Good luck, all I can say.. If you want a hi point, check into a C9 or CF380. I am getting a CF380 here next week. They are good beater guns for the money.

badandy
12-15-2009, 1:03 PM
Yep, that's what I have found. Reviews on them are not bad, and the price is right. There is a used C9 at the local shop, but they want more than retail, I guess after paying xfer fees from buying online, it's likely to be a wash... I was hoping somebody had one laying around so I could get a .45 for a reasonable price. I'll keep looking.

Thanks.

badandy
12-17-2009, 9:59 PM
TTT

badandy
12-22-2009, 12:07 PM
TTT

precisiondefense
12-22-2009, 2:45 PM
reviews on them arent bad because they are written by other people who own them and havent compared them to something else. id save up my money and buy something else...if you were going to need to depend your life on it one day. just my two cents

12-22-2009, 5:41 PM
everyone talks trash about these cheap handguns, but thats because the jam most of the time and are ugly; but they do come with a full lifetime warranty and you never have to clean them. all you do is send the handgun back to the manufacture and they send you a brand new one. I myself have a cf380 from high point. you can only buy the .380 and 9mm here in california. the 40s&w and 45acp are illegal here. no one will transfer here and there isnt any one to purchase those from here in california. I tried. sending you a pm if you are interested in buying my like new in box with only 50 rounds through it cf.380... oh but I must tell you, hi point is for sure not a handgun you would carry on you for protection, but to keep in the house or to target practise. they are the best cheap ugly gun lol. Look into a springfield xd series.. they are pretty affordable compared to other handguns and have three saftey features instead of just one on the trigger or safety switch. I bought one for a law enforcement academy and loved it.

badandy
12-22-2009, 6:04 PM
reviews on them arent bad because they are written by other people who own them and havent compared them to something else. id save up my money and buy something else...if you were going to need to depend your life on it one day. just my two cents

Appreciate the advice, I have been looking at other models, since nobody has offered up having one in CA that they can sell me. Just gonna be awhile before I can buy.

99deg, I have replied to your PM

I like what I've read about the Glock's and the XD's which is likely the way I'll go for a .45, alternatively the request stands for anybody willing to give me a sweet deal on most any .45acp semi-auto they have laying around.

itsmrjames
12-22-2009, 8:14 PM
I bought a glock 22 in 40 s&w. i was going to buy the 45 but even with my bigger sized hands it felt stupid and overly cumbersome due to the double stack mag design glocks are known for.

the 40 is plenty of knock down power with the right rounds and a fairly good chunck cheaper to shoot/reload since you mentioned wanting to save money.

ps, buying a gun because it "bigger than hers" really wont help you if you cant shoot it for crap. you'd be better off with a good cheap ruger 22lr mark3 for a couple hundred. shooting a smaller gun will go along way when developing a good trigger pull and shooting ability, if you cant hit the side of a barn you dont need a 45...

good luck

badandy
12-22-2009, 8:59 PM
I bought a glock 22 in 40 s&w. i was going to buy the 45 but even with my bigger sized hands it felt stupid and overly cumbersome due to the double stack mag design glocks are known for.

the 40 is plenty of knock down power with the right rounds and a fairly good chunck cheaper to shoot/reload since you mentioned wanting to save money.

ps, buying a gun because it "bigger than hers" really wont help you if you cant shoot it for crap. you'd be better off with a good cheap ruger 22lr mark3 for a couple hundred. shooting a smaller gun will go along way when developing a good trigger pull and shooting ability, if you cant hit the side of a barn you dont need a 45...

good luck

Actually shoot just fine with 9mm, I do also have a 22 revolver in the wifes sock drawer. Going shooting tomorrow to shoot a buddies .40 glock and rent a .45 for myself.

Suggestions are appreciated, but I'm interested in a .45

badandy
12-23-2009, 10:47 PM
Rapped 100 rounds thru a xd45, rookie that I am, I was very impressed with the feel of that gun, smooth like butter. Ran another 30 rounds thru my buddies Glock 22, suprisingly it had a bit more "snap" to it than the xd. I still need to try a Glock 21, preferably an "SF", based on the feel of the grips today. I prefered the feel of the xd.

Still open for someone desperate to sell their .45acp semi-auto