PDA

View Full Version : LEO's & RAW's

Rooftop Voter
12-11-2009, 4:49 PM
If a LEO purchases and registers an assault weapon with CA DOJ using dept letterhead clearance - what happens to said RAW when the LEO retires or quits working in LE completely and stays in CA? Do they have to get rid of this RAW or is it considered a legit RAW?

tenpercentfirearms
12-11-2009, 5:35 PM
I have no citations, but they get to keep it. Hopefully someone comes along and gets more specific.

MOAMaster
12-12-2009, 9:11 PM
NO, I think that when you leave the department, you have to surrender it to the department. I don't think you get to keep it. A friend who just retired from LAPD had 4 that he had bought with departmental letters. He had to surrender them when he retired.

I don't have the laws with me. But, I can check when I get into my shop tomorrow. Please send me an e-mail at bruce@shooters-edge.com to remind me to find the section of the law.

Bruce Krell

ke6guj
12-13-2009, 2:07 AM
I have no citations, but they get to keep it. Hopefully someone comes along and gets more specific.I would agree with Wes here. I'll see if I can find the info to back it up but a LEO that has letterhead to purchase an AW with personal funds may keep the AW,even after he is no longer an LEO.