PDA

View Full Version : No Mag extension on shotguns?

SDProtection
12-11-2009, 7:45 AM
I have an LE agent who wants to add a mag extension to his Benelli M4. He asked me to get it for him. Well, I went to Benelli and asked for part # and order info. They told me the mag extenstion was illegal to sell by ATF rule and only LE could buy directly from them.

I am at a bit of a loss. I thought there was an 8 round max on Shotguns. The mag extension would only add two to the four already....

where am I wrong?

dachan
12-11-2009, 8:37 AM
It's a 922r issue with imported tubes since the M4 is an imported semi and has a pistol grip. There's even a question whether US made extensions are allowed:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=182659

Quiet
12-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Under Federal law, semi-auto shotguns that are imported into the USA can not have a capacity greater than 5 rounds.

To legally increase the capacity to greater than 5 rounds, the shotgun must be modified/altered with the correct amount of USA made parts in order to be in compliance with Federal law.

Dustin C.
12-11-2009, 12:00 PM
is there any restriction on the mag capacity of semi auto shotguns made in the U.S.?

ke6guj
12-11-2009, 12:11 PM
is there any restriction on the mag capacity of semi auto shotguns made in the U.S.?

federally, no.

In CA, there is some stuff that does deal with mag capacity. Shotguns themselves have no mag limits as to the size, however the mags themselves have to comply with the large-capacity magazine regulations. So, no tubular magazines larger than 10-rounds, except for lever-action shotguns. Also, even though it is legal to use a 11+ round box-magazine in a Saiga 12 with a maglock without violating the AW regs of the shotgun, the acquistion of the magazine may be illegal.

Dustin C.
12-11-2009, 12:14 PM
damn..... our laws blow ***