PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Interpreting CA DOJ Roster

MadMex
11-20-2005, 6:26 AM
I noticed that the CA DOJ Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale makes distinctions between internal and external extractors on Kimbers. Should this be interpreted as models not described as External Extractor must be sold as Internal Extractor in CA?

Thanks in advance.

Kruzr
11-20-2005, 9:01 AM
No, it means only the models listed can be sold by dealers. The internal extractor ones are the ones that remain on the list before Kimber's foray into the external extractors. Now that Kimber is going back to internals on some models that were listed as externals, I suspect they will still be approved if they are also listed as internals from before.

Confusing huh?

MadMex
11-20-2005, 3:08 PM
For clarification, some models are listed as external extractors on the DOJ roster, whereas others aren’t. There’s actually no mention of internal extractor per se in the model descriptions.

Specifically, if the model I’m interested in does not have “External Extractor” in its description, is Kimber/FFL obligated to sell a model with an internal extractor in CA to be compliant with the DOJ roster? As noted on the Firearms for Sale board, I’m interested in a Compact Stainless II with an internal extractor. The DOJ roster does not state “External Extractor” on the description. The listing is valid through the end of the year.

Now that Kimber is going back to internals on some models that were listed as externals, I suspect they will still be approved if they are also listed as internals from before.

I’m not so convinced that Kali will be the beneficiary of Kimber’s selected return to the internal extractor. I’m willing to bet we become the dumping ground for external extractor inventory and returns.

Kruzr
11-20-2005, 3:28 PM
For clarification, some models are listed as external extractors on the DOJ roster, whereas others aren’t. There’s actually no mention of internal extractor per se in the model descriptions.

Specifically, if the model I’m interested in does not have “External Extractor” in its description, is Kimber/FFL obligated to sell a model with an internal extractor in CA to be compliant with the DOJ roster? As noted on the Firearms for Sale board, I’m interested in a Compact Stainless II with an internal extractor. The DOJ roster does not state “External Extractor” on the description. The listing is valid through the end of the year.

Kimber quit making the Compacts with the internal extractor about a year and a half ago so no, a dealer can't be obligated to sell a pistol that isn't made any longer. The good news is that Kimber is going back to internal extractors on the 3" and 4" models so when they get around to the Compacts, you could probably get a new one if Kimber renews the approval for it........it is about to expire and that model isn't a big seller for Kimber (the sell more Pro sizes.)