PDA

View Full Version : Banned email address?

madkiwi
11-17-2005, 10:05 AM
I just had to create a new registration because my old one (madkiwi) does not work anymore. When I tried logging in I was told my password was wrong (was not). I then tried to have my password reset. When I clicked from the link in the email I received and logged in, I then got a message saying I could not access that page (home page of the forums).

So I thought I would try a new ID, using the email I first registered with in Jan. '04. I was then informed that my email address was banned.

WTH?

I was a very infrequent poster here, did not spam, never got into any flamewars, have no idea what I did that got me banned.

I have sent 2 emails to the webmaster asking what is up, no reply. So not only was I banned, apparently the courtesy of an explanation is too much to ask.

I hope my impertinence at asking questions won't get this ID banned too.

madkiwis

rkt88edmo
11-17-2005, 12:18 PM
Just chill, I am sure Ramon can get you all fixed up :)

RRangel
11-17-2005, 4:14 PM
Was the address a yahoo or hotmail type? If so those "@hotmail" addresses can no longer be accepted for use when registering.
Also technically your old profile exists so using the same e-mail may be interpreted as a dual registration. Some of the setting have been upgraded.
If you can PM me your old userid details I will merge your old and new profiles.

Gnote
11-17-2005, 4:21 PM
If you can PM me your old userid details I will merge your old and new profiles.

Now that is what I call service. With service like that I can see why "everybody loves Ramon." Sorry know the name is a little off but couldn't resist.

Charliegone
11-17-2005, 7:38 PM
Now that is what I call service. With service like that I can see why "everybody loves Ramon." Sorry know the name is a little off but couldn't resist.

Its like an itch that needs to be scratch, doesn't it?:D

Vtaman
11-17-2005, 8:16 PM
Was the address a yahoo or hotmail type? If so those "@hotmail" addresses can no longer be accepted for use when registering.
Also technically your old profile exists so using the same e-mail may be interpreted as a dual registration. Some of the setting have been upgraded.

Bear in mind that Yahoo is the ISP for SBCglobal.net users. Tho, those users can have both a Yahoo address and a SBCglobal address. The latter isn't free.

Vtaman

RRangel
11-17-2005, 9:29 PM
Bear in mind that Yahoo is the ISP for SBCglobal.net users. Tho, those users can have both a Yahoo address and a SBCglobal address. The latter isn't free.

Vtaman

"yahoo" is not allowed specifically. Too many trolls registering under an alias.

JH2
11-18-2005, 4:52 PM
"yahoo" is not allowed specifically. Too many trolls registering under an alias.

I was in the same boat with SBCGlobal and Yahoo. Thankfully I saved the old pacbell address! Now, time for some quality reading.......

Jim

Guinness
11-18-2005, 7:59 PM
This explains so much.. I had the same problem!.. Had to re register also..

RRangel
11-18-2005, 8:23 PM
This explains so much.. I had the same problem!.. Had to re register also..

Keep in mind that you can merge your old profile with the new. You get to keep all the old post counts and info. You can even have the same name.

rkt88edmo
11-19-2005, 4:07 AM
Keep in mind that you can merge your old profile with the new. You get to keep all the old post counts and info. You can even have the same name.
Your old posts will tie to your new handle, but I don't think you get the post count itself :)

RRangel
11-20-2005, 5:17 AM
Your old posts will tie to your new handle, but I don't think you get the post count itself :)

Sorry about that.