PDA

View Full Version : Placing a handgun not on CA DOJ's list on consignment?

ZUMNDAD
12-08-2009, 9:38 AM
I have a Beretta handgun that is not (and never was) on CA's approved handgun list. I acquired it through a FTF transfer with a CA LEO. Can I place this weapon on consignment at an FFL even though it is not on CA's approved list? If it matters, it is a Beretta 90-Two 9mm with 10-round mags.

Thanks for your input.

zinfull
12-08-2009, 9:54 AM
yes you can and anyone will be able to buy the pistol. you can also sell it to the FFL but them it has to leave or be sold to the a LEO.

jerry

ZUMNDAD
12-08-2009, 9:56 AM
Thank you!

MOAMaster
12-12-2009, 9:16 PM
I agree with this. If you take the gun on consignment and somebody inside CA buys it, you do the DROS as a private party transfer. Then, the seller has to sign the DROS and it is NOT subject to the approved handgun list. You can still take your consignment fee but you are not the seller.

At least that's my take on it.

kemasa
12-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Officially, you are still the seller with a consignment through a FFL done as a PPT. Typically, the FFL will have the seller fill out a DROS worksheet and sign it so that when a person buys it, then seller does not have to come in and sign the DROS.

Personally, I would suggest trying a firearm auction site since many people might want the firearm that they can not otherwise get. If the FFL you do the consignment with is willing to do that, then that would work too.