PDA

View Full Version : Questions on FFL 03 Application

powaybob
12-06-2009, 3:26 PM
I have form 7CR, fingerprint cards, and the certificate of compliance form.

The directions on the CR form say one copy to ATF and one copy to CLEO. I assume that the sheriff's office in my town is the CLEO.

The form also includes a certificate of compliance section for both ATF and CLEO in addition to the separate forms, but it appears to apply only if you said you are not a citizen. Do I have to fill out this section or do anything? (I am a US citizen by birth).

What do I do with the separate forms, if anything?

The directions really are not clear, and I could not find anything that helped on the ATF website.

I also do not see any requirement for fingerprinting on the 03FFL application? Is this required?

Does ATF really contact you? (Just curious, I have to get interviewed at work every few years for my security clearances so its not big deal to me.)

Sorry if this is a repeat. I searched the FFL forum and nothing came up that spelled it out.

mrlonewolf
12-06-2009, 5:56 PM
Go to the Firearm discussions and check the Curio & Relic forum, lots of good info. there.
This may help
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=175032

ke6guj
12-06-2009, 6:23 PM
I have form 7CR, fingerprint cards, and the certificate of compliance form.

The directions on the CR form say one copy to ATF and one copy to CLEO. I assume that the sheriff's office in my town is the CLEO.yup, that'll work. Or, you could send it to the chief of police if you have a police dept. But either will do.

The form also includes a certificate of compliance section for both ATF and CLEO in addition to the separate forms, but it appears to apply only if you said you are not a citizen. Do I have to fill out this section or do anything? (I am a US citizen by birth).you don't need to fill out the separate COC form anymore, since it is included on the C&R Form, and you don't have to deal with that part if you are a citizen.

What do I do with the separate forms, if anything?
shouldn't need to do anything with the separate COC form.

I also do not see any requirement for fingerprinting on the 03FFL application? Is this required?Nope.

Does ATF really contact you? (Just curious, I have to get interviewed at work every few years for my security clearances so its not big deal to me.)
They do on occasion, but not normally.

Mssr. Eleganté
12-06-2009, 8:25 PM
They accidently included the fingerprint card with my first application. It caused me to delay getting the 03 FFL for about six months because I didn't want to send it in. The guys on Parallax Bill's C&R forum finally convinced me the fingerprint card wasn't needed. I got the forms mailed to me by the Oakland, CA ATF office after looking up ATF in the yellow pages. You guys remember the yellow pages don't you. :p

powaybob
12-07-2009, 5:22 AM
Thanks all. It looks like I was trying to make this more difficult than it really is.