PDA

View Full Version : Anvil Arms - Out of busines???

paladin4415
12-06-2009, 7:30 AM
It appears that Anvil Arms may be no more. If you have sent money and are waiting for product, you may be in trouble.

FIRST INSERTION
NOTICE OF SECURED
CREDITOR’S PUBLIC SALE

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that pursuant to Fl St. s. 679.610 et seq., MILTON DISSER, LLC, as secured creditor, intends to sell the personal property described below to enforce a lien imposed on said property. The secured creditor will sell at public sale on the 24th day of November, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. at Kass, Shuler, Solomon, Spector, Foyle & Singer, P.A., 1505 N. Florida Avenue, Tampa, Florida 33601, the following:

Debtor’s Name: JONATHAN A. KRUEGER

Description of Collateral:
One Hundred Percent (100%) of the outstanding membership interests in Anvil Arms, LLC, a Florida limited liability company with a place of business in Lakeland, FL. Terms of the sale are cash, or certified check. Property will be sold to the highest bidder “AS IS” without warranty relating to title, possession, quiet enjoyment or the like. Additional terms of sale to be announced on date of auction.

PHILIP K. CLARKE, Esq.
KASS, SHULER, SOLOMON,
SPECTOR, FOYLE & SINGER, P.A.
1505 N. Florida Avenue
Tampa, FL 33601
November 6, 13, 2009 09-5058H

http://www.review.net/legal-notice-uploads/2009-11-06-Hills.pdf (page 4, middle of 4th column in this pdf)

D53
12-06-2009, 7:33 AM
wow, thats no bueno

speeddreamz
12-06-2009, 10:19 AM
****, i bought my pistol lower from them, good folks.

till44
12-06-2009, 6:11 PM
I bought a pistol lower and 4 rifle lowers. Great company, too bad for them, and us they had great prices.

cntrolsguy
12-06-2009, 6:42 PM
That totally sucks i bought a couple of lowers from them also.

jchen76@gmail.com
12-06-2009, 6:49 PM
Wow. Quite the turn of events. They were a very Cali-friendly company with AR rifles and pistols.

asymmetricalwarfar3
12-06-2009, 6:50 PM
The link didn't go through....

paladin4415
12-07-2009, 5:37 AM
Link fixed.

USMC Amtraker B311
12-07-2009, 8:49 AM
Bummer. I was going to get an Anvil Lower for my AR, I guess not anymore, any suggestions?

247Nino
12-07-2009, 8:50 AM
oh no, fail...

dammit fail!

I was lucky to get my pistol last week!

ElvenSoul
12-07-2009, 8:50 AM
Hard to imagine them going out of biz with what the way AR's have been selling.

sorry to see them go...they made good stuff

fonionrings
12-07-2009, 9:08 AM
That's really sad news, I bought my AR pistol from them. Great guys, Cali-friendly too.

Sad panda.

paladin4415
12-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Bummer. I was going to get an Anvil Lower for my AR, I guess not anymore, any suggestions?

Get a Calguns lower.

leelaw
12-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Dang, that sucks... I bought a few receivers from them and they produced good product.

Solidsnake87
12-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Damn! I really wanted one of their lowers with a custom serial....................................Who else does custom laser engraving?

ke6guj
12-07-2009, 1:05 PM
Damn! I really wanted one of their lowers with a custom serial....................................Who else does custom laser engraving?www.quentinlaser.com does custom laser engraving.

xm177
12-07-2009, 1:18 PM
Any out-of-state dealers offer pistol lowers @ good prices like them?

glock_this
12-07-2009, 1:21 PM
interesting...

makes sense given no answer to emails or calls over last 10 days

and the recent fact, just last week, their site went from fully working to 1 announcement on the splash page and all content removed but that 1 page

paratroop
12-08-2009, 5:21 AM
you know what really sucks? on nov 24, they charged my card and said my pistol was ready. now i hope it was actually sent out.

ENTHUSIAST
12-08-2009, 5:40 AM

Spikes Tactical off the top of my head or maybe Mega...

glock_this
12-08-2009, 6:29 AM

yep.. Cory is cheaper, uses RRA, is in WY, can make it CA cool..

https://cssales.biz/Products.html

UPDATE: holy :cuss: - he got my upper today and already sent it off to my local FFL. what's that... 3 hour turn around :)

Palmach
12-17-2009, 4:46 AM
I happened across this post, and thought I would clear up some confusion.

I am a local Florida guy that happens to be not only a customer of Anvil, but also a friend of Jon.

Anyone that has ever done business with him, knows him to not only produce a great product, but also to be a no nonsense stand up guy.

The company has stopped operations, not because of anything that Jon has done, but because a certain individual decided to basically steal the company away. They were locked out of the building.

I find it interesting that in the first post on this thread there is a listing for sale of the business, and yet on the Anvil site, the same said individual says that there is nothing left. In essence that Jon took everything.

I don't know about you, friend or no friend, I am more inclined to believe one of our own. A guy who has always been there to answer questions and to help out his fellow enthusiasts, over a guy who makes his living dealing with mortgage foreclosures.

While I don't know all the details, I thought at least a little bit of the other side should be heard.

Regards,

Palmach

ENTHUSIAST
12-17-2009, 4:55 AM
Interesting... THANKS for posting this up.

I am a local Florida guy that happens to be not only a customer of Anvil, but also a friend of Jon.

Anyone that has ever done business with him, knows him to not only produce a great product, but also to be a no nonsense stand up guy.

The company has stopped operations, not because of anything that Jon has done, but because a certain individual decided to basically steal the company away. They were locked out of the building.

I find it interesting that in the first post on this thread there is a listing for sale of the business, and yet on the Anvil site, the same said individual says that there is nothing left. In essence that Jon took everything.

I don't know about you, friend or no friend, I am more inclined to believe one of our own. A guy who has always been there to answer questions and to help out his fellow enthusiasts, over a guy who makes his living dealing with mortgage foreclosures.

While I don't know all the details, I thought at least a little bit of the other side should be heard.

Regards,

Palmach

glock_this
12-17-2009, 6:22 AM
there are always 2 sides to the story.. but when they dont return emails or calls, their website closes down its content, and at least 1 guy here has no idea where his paid for upper and lower is, add it all up and some reasonable assumptions were made.

now, as people on the inside start to come out - some no one has confirmed yet who they are - and tell more about what the story is as they know it, we will read the other side. but for now, I don't think anyone was out of limits posting up or speculating.

paratroop
12-17-2009, 6:32 AM
yessir. especially since i recieved an email stating my pistol was ready to ship one day. and then my account gets charged, curiously on nov. 24th. and still nothing was shipped out. somebody there is a liar and a theif. i am not gonna call any one out by name, because i dont know that side of the story. what i do know is im out about $1200 as of right now.

glock_this
12-17-2009, 6:46 AM

Regards,

Palmach

you know, this is kind of confusing..

you say your friend "Jon" and yet the website mentions a "John"? Then you say your friend "Jon" had nothing to do with the issues the website clearly said "John" did have something to do with.. is your "Jon" and their "John" the same person? as it seems unlikely a "Jon" and a "John" both work there and whomever has control of the website and business makes it clear "John" did do some bad stuff.

97F1504RAD
12-17-2009, 6:53 AM
you know, this is kind of confusing..

you say your friend "Jon" and yet the website mentions a "John"? Then you say your friend "Jon" had nothing to do with the issues the website clearly said "John" did have something to do with.. is your "Jon" and their "John" the same person? as it seems unlikely a "Jon" and a "John" both work there and whomever has control of the website and business makes it clear "John" did do some bad stuff.

Actually it says Jonathan on the front page and Jon would in fact be the short version of that.

December 15, 2009

To Whom It May Concern:

Mr. Jonathan A. Kruger, former Managing Member, has been terminated from Anvil Arms and, unfortunately, he has subsequently removed all of the equipment, inventory and records from the premises. Legal measures have been taken against Mr. Kruger for his actions.

Due to the nature of the business of Anvil Arms, activities conducted or in any way associated with or represented by Mr. Kruger since his dismissal were unauthorized as he has been removed from the Federal Firearms License (FFL) held by Anvil Arms LLC and such activities have been reported to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE).

Anvil Arms LLC would like to extend to you a sincere apology for any inconvenience you may have experienced as a result of the change in control of the organization and the subsequent events that have prevented Anvil Arms LLC from continuing normal business operations. New management is utilizing its best efforts to deal with a complicated and unfortunate situation.

Mr. Milton Disser, the new acting Manager of the limited liability company, can be contacted via email at info@anvilarms.com.

Please direct inquiries to:

glock_this
12-17-2009, 6:58 AM
Actually it says Jonathan on the front page and Jon would in fact be the short version of that.

"Jon" is the name of my best friend, not "John" or "Jonathan" but just "Jon" - so 1 can't assume "Jon" is a short version of "Jonathan". It might seem logical, but was looking for confirmation from the poster.

But, my bigger point is that the poster says "Jon" (maybe "Jonathan") would not have done wrong and that someone else did wrong and yet the website clearly says "Jonathan" has done wrong and points to the steps taken against him.. so, to me, the website carries more validity than the posters 1 post.

Definately Not Monkeyboy
12-17-2009, 7:01 AM
Palmach,

Please tell Jon that we wish him well. He was always good to us. And let him know that we would love to hear his side of the story on here when he is able to tell it. It isn't that people on here don't like him suddenly. It is just that some of them appear to have lost money because of what is going on down there. That tends to get people upset. If he want to make things right, he really should at least let the guys who's stuff he has know what is going on. We had a local California company go through the same kind of thing. But they told everybody what was happening as soon as they could, and made sure they took care of their customers during the whole situation. They are now back, and have a great reputation with us here on Calguns. Jon needs to do the same at this point. A couple of phonecalls or emails would go a long way to getting people on his side.

-Not Mb

And guys, while it says John on the website, he has always gone by Jon in every email I have had with him in the last two years. Don't go off on a tangent over a red herring like the spelling of his name.

97F1504RAD
12-17-2009, 7:17 AM
"Jon" is the name of my best friend, not "John" or "Jonathan" but just "Jon" - so 1 can't assume "Jon" is a short version of "Jonathan". It might seem logical, but was looking for confirmation from the poster.

But, my bigger point is that the poster says "Jon" (maybe "Jonathan") would not have done wrong and that someone else did wrong and yet the website clearly says "Jonathan" has done wrong and points to the steps taken against him.. so, to me, the website carries more validity than the posters 1 post.

Agreed

paratroop
12-17-2009, 7:56 AM
you know i had to go back and read this thread all the way through. not one person said anything bad about jon. actually everyone just had good things to say about anvil arms, nobody even mentioned jon kruger. the statement that is currently posted on the website wasnt there until the 15th. the last post in this thread was on the 8th. so nobody here even mentioned anything about that until palmach. it seems kind of weird to defend someone against something that hadnt even been said yet. well please tell your buddy jon that i would love to hear his side, he did seem like a great guy, as did everyone else that i had contact with at anvil.

glock_this
12-17-2009, 8:53 AM
you know i had to go back and read this thread all the way through. not one person said anything bad about jon. actually everyone just had good things to say about anvil arms, nobody even mentioned jon kruger. the statement that is currently posted on the website wasnt there until the 15th. the last post in this thread was on the 8th. so nobody here even mentioned anything about that until palmach. it seems kind of weird to defend someone against something that hadnt even been said yet. well please tell your buddy jon that i would love to hear his side, he did seem like a great guy, as did everyone else that i had contact with at anvil.

just an FYI, there is a longer recent thread from a CG member that talks about his AA issues with his paid for and missing upper/lower.. that is also partially taken into context in this thread and helps flesh out some of the details. but yeah, I do not recall any slam on "Jon" - except for the one clearly on the AA site - which is why I reread and started asking clarifications about that 1 posters 1 post about " his friend Jon"

OHH SNAP... that other thread was by you :)

paratroop
12-18-2009, 4:15 AM
OHH SNAP... that other thread was by you :)

haha. well i pm'd jons buddy, no response yet. im going to give it a couple more days to see if i hear from the new manager of the place, milton disser. and then im going to contact that fella cory from the link you sent. one of thes e days ill have my new toy.

glock_this
12-18-2009, 5:53 AM
haha. well i pm'd jons buddy, no response yet.

frankly, I wouldn't expect much. 1 post and only to defend a guy no one here really dogged on.. but whom seems to be at the heart of the issue according to AA seems kind of... well, suspicous.

Palmach
12-23-2009, 5:52 AM
Guys, if you notice in my first post I mentioned that I came across this post, and decided to respond. What I should have said is I came across this site.

I am not a regular here, and have not been back since that post, thus the reason I did not respond to the PM sent to me.

Anyone who has been done business with Anvil and interacted by email would know "Jon" as "Jon" and not Jonathan. I can assure you that the individual who posted that information on the website has never been known by anyone related to or doing business with Anvil Arms until what I believe was a business deal gone bad. I can only say that from what I have heard, the information regarding the emptying of the building might also not be entirely accurate.

As some have said before, there are two sides to every story. Let's say that you are doing business and taking orders, and then as a result of certain events and legal wrangling you are forcibly shut down, and locked out of your building. I can't give details, because I don't know them all, but I can say this, Jon is one guy that I would want watching my back in a fight.

Believe what you want, but you will never convince me that the guy I know would ever knowingly screw a customer.

Regards,
Palmach

OglesbyAuctioneers
04-05-2010, 9:35 AM
On Saturday, April 10th Oglesby & Company Auctioneers will be holding a 1 day liquidation of Anvil Arms, selling the Complete Inventory for the Secured Creditor including all Semi-Automatic and Fully Automatic Firearms, Suppressed Firearms, Ammunition, Parts, Tooling, Machine Shop Equipment, Lower Receivers, Complete Lower Receivers, Upper Receivers, and Much, Much More!

Online Bidding is available via Proxibid. Check out www.OglesbyAuctioneers.com to see a catalog of available items to bid on, or Join us On-Site at

Saturday, April 10th @ 10AM
2358 Old Combee Rd. Suite #103
Lakeland, Florida 33805

Ned Christiansen
09-17-2010, 4:48 AM
I dealt with Jon on several different things. I was his customer and he was mine; every deal was done professionally and easily. He knew his stuff technically. Wherever Jon lands, I'd do business with him again in a heartbeat.

tenpercentfirearms
09-17-2010, 5:43 AM
I guess I better discount my 100 or so Anvil Arms lowers I have left.

till44
09-17-2010, 7:25 AM
I guess I better discount my 100 or so Anvil Arms lowers I have left.

What's the price going to be, their lowers are good quality.

MikeR
09-17-2010, 1:46 PM
I dealt with Jon on several different things. I was his customer and he was mine; every deal was done professionally and easily. He knew his stuff technically. Wherever Jon lands, I'd do business with him again in a heartbeat.

I had an extremely good experience with AA, right down to when the FFL they shipped to screwed me over and basically committed a few crimes and "lost" the lowers. AA sent new lowers minus the stocks (out of stock in the height of the barry scare of 09) and gave me full credit for them at my request, they even threw in some hats and some other items, Its to bad i didnt pick up a few more of their BCGs. Everything i got from them is top notch quality.

Sadly, From the stuff i read when he was going out of business he might have landed in jail. :o