PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Snellings Firearms

rmasold
12-05-2009, 8:34 PM
Sacramento Black Rife would like to say a big THANK YOU to Snellings Firearms for making our group buy happen. Snelling Firearms reduced their already low dros fees for our customers which turned out to be such a huge success.

Snellings Firearms is the most convinient place to go for all of your transfers in the northern California area. Again, thank you for your support and assistance in making Sacramento Black Rifle the premier black rifle accessory shop in the Sacramento area.

Sacramento Black Rifle is the Sacramento areas premier black rifle shop. We offered a group buy of Spikes Tactical lowers for $75 each with a fixed dros fee of $50. It was very sucessful and want to thank everyone for their support. We acknowledge this may have made a few local dealers in our area a little frustrated due to the very competitive cheap prices that we negotiated for our customers. Customers DO NOT BE ALARMED, we will continue to have the lowest prices in the Sacramento area and will meet or beat any advertised TDS price. Please ensure that you have a printed cooy of any competitor advertisement to take advantage of this great special. We also offer an LEO and military dicscount of 10% daily in gratitude of your service.

***SPECIAL****
DPMS and Timberwolfe lower parts kits for $62.50 each while supplies last. Take advantage of this great deal!!!

Sacramento Black Rifle
7516 Auburn Blvd
Citrus Heights CA 95610
(916) 560-8774
www.SacramentoBlackRifle.com

Open Monday - Saturday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm

AR15 AR-15 spikes lowers lpks stagarms dpms cmmg 6.8 556 223 hunting camping fishing guns female tds

rmasold
12-09-2009, 5:00 PM
btt

TripleT
12-09-2009, 9:11 PM
Sounds great but is this really the right forum for advertising ? Just asking...

tenpercentfirearms
12-09-2009, 9:12 PM
So did you get the 300 receivers you were wanting to sell? What were the final numbers? How many customers?

Reconsnake
12-11-2009, 7:53 PM
Advertising? I'd say a FFL who is NOT taking advantage of people because of some frenzy in firearm purchasing, should be commended and thanked. Yes this is the proper place for such, as some may come here to get feedback on dealers in CA.

To ten, 300 you say? It was much more than that, and just ask any gun dealer in northern CA, I bet none of them sold a single lower the entire time the group buy was going on.

DDMan
12-12-2009, 8:07 AM
The "300" question would be better asked in the GB thread.

But, based on the UPS shipping info, there are 4 boxes of 50 lowers being shipped (200 lowers). And based on the COD amount, it came out to ~178 lowers or so (at $75/piece). So I don't know if they made 300.

And I'll let you guys know how things go with Snellings on Monday (start my DROS). But so far so good. :)

rmasold
12-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Sounds great but is this really the right forum for advertising ? Just asking...

Damn if you do damn if you dont... LOL well said recon...

Purple K
12-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Bob rocks!

TripleT
12-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Damn if you do damn if you dont... LOL well said recon...

Whatever you guys thinks is right. I have no problem with thanking Snellings if they did a good job, provided a good service etc.

The rest of the advertisement for Sac Black just seemed a bit out of place. Maybe a link back to the group buy or ??? I don't know, I guess it's just me and my idea that this forum was to provide a venue for FFLs and customers to receive (and supply) needed knowledge of our convoluted firearm laws.

Excuse the interruption if my concerns are misplaced.

Oh, and for the record, the group buy in no way shape or form had any impact on my business, so it's not a sour grapes issue for me at all. In fact I do applaud the vendors that put group buys together as it seems like a lot of work for little reward, not withstanding the satisfaction one gets when he knows he has put another firearm in the hands of another law abiding, patriotic American (which in my mind is huge)... :)

rmasold
12-12-2009, 2:46 PM
Whatever you guys thinks is right. I have no problem with thanking Snellings if they did a good job, provided a good service etc.

The rest of the advertisement for Sac Black just seemed a bit out of place. Maybe a link back to the group buy or ??? I don't know, I guess it's just me and my idea that this forum was to provide a venue for FFLs and customers to receive (and supply) needed knowledge of our convoluted firearm laws.

Excuse the interruption if my concerns are misplaced.

Oh, and for the record, the group buy in no way shape or form had any impact on my business, so it's not a sour grapes issue for me at all. In fact I do applaud the vendors that put group buys together as it seems like a lot of work for little reward, not withstanding the satisfaction one gets when he knows he has put another firearm in the hands of another law abiding, patriotic American (which in my mind is huge)... :)

I love everything this has done for us thanks to all and thanks to Bob Snelling Great job.... "It seems like a lot of work for little reward"????LOL I am not in it for all of the reward just some, hard work is how you get to the top. I dont think i will see you there...

TripleT
12-12-2009, 4:07 PM
I dont think i will see you there...

Thanks for handing down judgement. I wasn't aware you knew me ???

Again, "Pardon the interuption if my concerns are misplaced"

rmasold
12-12-2009, 5:41 PM
Thanks for handing down judgement. I wasn't aware you knew me ???

Again, "Pardon the interuption if my concerns are misplaced"

Its Sacramento Black Rifle Guy.... LOL Should i know you.

916Plinker
12-13-2009, 2:30 PM
what is snellings info? Would like to use him for my next purchase

Sicmaro
12-13-2009, 3:19 PM
Snellings' Firearms
2675-B Land Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95815
Hours: Mon & Thu 10:00am-2:00pm or by appt

916Plinker
12-13-2009, 3:31 PM
Thanks

rmasold
12-13-2009, 11:55 PM
Btt

tenpercentfirearms
12-14-2009, 6:43 AM
The "300" question would be better asked in the GB thread.

Actually I disagree. This is not the commercial threads, but the FFL forums. You do not thread crap in the commercial threads. This would be thread crapping. I doubted they would get the 300 people they stated at the beginning that they claimed were ready to do this. I want to find out. Since that could be implied as a negative aspect, I don't want to rain on their parade over there.

This doubt has nothing to do with the people doing the GB, but everything to do with GBs. Everyone always talks a good game until it comes time to pony up. If about 180 receivers were done, that is about half of what was expected and that is right on track for a GB.

However, since this is not a for sale thread and really this isn't an advertising forum, I think the BTT is kind of out of line. There is no need to keep bringing this thread up unless you have something more to add.

There is nothing prohibiting feedback over here in the FFLs forum so I don't think this thread is inappropriate. At the same time, you can also have people come on and dispute the feedback. So it is a double edged sword.

The good news is no one cares about the FFL forum so the amount of traffic over here is minuscule. You would be better off advertising elsewhere.

Reconsnake
12-14-2009, 7:26 AM
Tenpercent, while from your post, you feel that this world revolves around you, it in fact, does not. This thread is neither about you, Sac Black Rifle, or this 300 number that you keep referring to.

This thread is solely to reward and promote a federal firearm licensee who is not trying to rip people off. Do you really think it is a good idea to charge more, and have less firearms in the hands of citizens? What side are you on? You stated in the other thread about the group buy, that your time is worth more than the money you get; then stop what you are doing right now. Stop selling guns, stop sitting on your computer spreading your negativity concerning this thread, stop making your house/car/whatever payments on time, stop living the good life, stop making thousands of dollars each month, and on and on. I am certain there are plenty of people who are willing to trade their time for your money.

While your attempt at negatively portraying this group buy, was neither welcomed or invited, I thank you for your continued rebuttal; it serves to promote other FFL's, and flush out your true face in the process.

P.S. In the midst of your negativity, even if it was 180 receivers which it was not, remember, you just lost out on every single one. And while you may not already sell that many lowers in a week, people who have to actually work for a living, weren't spending their money with you. Thank you.

jksupplyco
12-14-2009, 7:29 AM
To ten, 300 you say? It was much more than that, and just ask any gun dealer in northern CA, I bet none of them sold a single lower the entire time the group buy was going on.

Not exactly true.. I've continued to stay busy, continually selling lowers over the past few weeks. Calguns represents only a segment of my business, as I'm sure its the same for other FFLs in the area. I have a large LE client base, as well as other civilians that do not access CGN. This GB was an opportunity to obtain a low-priced lower for only a small demographic of the Northern California gun-owner market.

GBs are hard work, and they never work out optimally. I commend the OP, especially as an accessory store and having to coordinate logistics with an actual FFL for taking it on, and hopefully it worked out as anticipated. I agree with Wes, the BTTs are unnecessary. Did Bob retract his position on not having his info posted? I know Bob personally, and he has been up to my shop in the past, he used to hold firm to the position that he did not want the exposure. Maybe that has changed..

TripleT
12-14-2009, 5:03 PM
I get a kick out of people that think the GB's are hurting another FFL. I said it before and I'll say it again, I'm glad you guys are taking the time and making the sacrifice to put it together. I applaud you for getting the OLL's in the hands of folks that may not have been able to swing it otherwise. I do agree that every OLL in the hands of a Kalifornicated Citizen will pay a dividend at some point. You've effectively added another soldier to the insane AW fight.

Honestly though, I am still having a problem with btt's in what is basically an information / regulation / resource type of a forum on a commercial flavored thread.

For the record, I know for a fact that Calguns does not revolve around me.

DDMan
12-14-2009, 8:38 PM
Ok, to try and get this thing back on TOPIC....

Went into Snellings today and couldn't have been happier with my result. Was in and out in 10 minutes flat. Filled out he DROS paperwork, he took a photocopy of my CDL and car reg (since I moved and the addr's aren't the same), and was on my way. One of the smoothest DROS's I've done.

I'll be able to pick up my lowers on Christmas eve! Woot! Marry Christmas to MEEEEE! :)

tenpercentfirearms
12-14-2009, 9:52 PM
Tenpercent, while from your post, you feel that this world revolves around you, it in fact, does not. This thread is neither about you, Sac Black Rifle, or this 300 number that you keep referring to.Are you serious? This thread isn't about Sac Black Rifle? You might want to go re-read the first post. The top sentence was clearly about Snellings. The rest of the post is clearly about Sac Black Rifle. Also I don't believe Sac Black Rifle is BTTing that one sentence about Snellings.

As far as my questions go, this thread is not in the commercial forum so we can make it about whatever we want.

This thread is solely to reward and promote a federal firearm licensee who is not trying to rip people off. Do you really think it is a good idea to charge more, and have less firearms in the hands of citizens? What side are you on? You stated in the other thread about the group buy, that your time is worth more than the money you get; then stop what you are doing right now. Stop selling guns, stop sitting on your computer spreading your negativity concerning this thread, stop making your house/car/whatever payments on time, stop living the good life, stop making thousands of dollars each month, and on and on. I am certain there are plenty of people who are willing to trade their time for your money. Sorry, I am not a non-profit organization dedicated to the proliferation of arms. I am a for-profit business dedicated to making me money. Whose side am I on? Definitely the pro-gun side. If I have to give away my time and services to be on your side, no thanks. I do think it is a good idea to charge more and make what I am doing worth my time. You certainly don't have to agree. Then again, what do I know? I only sit on the Calguns board, volunteer my time to the FNRA, and own a gun shop that sells thousands of guns a year. I am clearly a Brady Center mole. :rolleyes:

While your attempt at negatively portraying this group buy, was neither welcomed or invited, I thank you for your continued rebuttal; it serves to promote other FFL's, and flush out your true face in the process.Don't leave me hanging, what is my true face? Don't hold back now.

I stated in the other thread I would have probably been an FFL on a similar GB for $25. Why? Because it would have put a ton of guys in my shop and they would want to build those lowers somewhere. I am not sure why you think I am against this group buy. I simply stated the difficulty in getting a person in agreeing to do the group buy. Not to stop it from happening, but to arm the people seeking to do it the tools necessary to find a dealer they can persuade to do it. They found Snellings which was great for them because Snellings doesn't stock what SBR is. That was the danger in having a store like me do it, I would have stole half of their reason for doing the GB, sell the rest of the gun.

P.S. In the midst of your negativity, even if it was 180 receivers which it was not, remember, you just lost out on every single one. And while you may not already sell that many lowers in a week, people who have to actually work for a living, weren't spending their money with you. Thank you.This is the best part. How did I lose out on 180 receivers in the Sacramento area? I was never a contender for this process.

That is your mistake. This was never about me. I was never going to get any of that business. And as is evident by the number of FFLs that still sold lowers and other AR15 parts during this group buy, it didn't hurt them either.

There is a ton of this business to go around. You don't have to pretend like it is some protective, competitive business where dealers have to slice each other's throats. I am sure that helps you feel better and like you can control the market, but it simply isn't true.

Again, my interest in this is to solidify what I already know. Group buys are a lot of effort and there are never as many guys who claim they want in on the action. I know from experience. That is why I generally don't do group buys.

From a purely business stand point. I wonder how many of those 180 receivers are getting built up out of the SBR inventory and how many are just safe queens. It would be interesting to know if SBR really found this GB productive or if they have learned a valuable lesson about the GB market. It often doesn't pay. I actually commend SBR as they were NOT the FFL doing all the work of DROS. So in the end, the amount of work of them just writing receipts and calling Spike's to place the order might have totally been worth it.

CKY
12-15-2009, 10:03 AM
I would like to say thank you to bob snellings for doing the dros on all 75 buyers. He stepped up the the plate knowing it takes alot of time to process the paperwork and hold the lowers till they are picked up. Thanks Bob for doing it for the cause and not for the little profit. You see Bob cares about putting guns in honest peoples hands not only for the money but because he enjoys it. There is two ways to make a profit. Sell a little at a higher price or sell alot at a lower price. It's a gamble. Which do you choose? Rob at Sacramento black rifle decided to put more in peoples hands at less profit. Sbr is a new business and I'm sure things will change the longer he is in business. At some point in your life time is worth more than money. For Rob it is not. He wants to get his name out, flood the USA with ar15 and get regular customers to sell items too when he decides time is worth more than money. I thank you Rob for the low cost lowers and Bob snellings for the low cost dros. I will always go to bob for transfers and rob for parts. Two great guys feeding America guns one city at a time.

TripleT
12-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Honestly, I am scratching my head, wondering why this is being discussed here. Would not any positive feedback for either Snellings or SBR not be better served in the commercial forum ?

CKY's post would be a good example of what I'm talking about. A good report would be welcome by both companies over there. Here it is liable to not see a lot of traffic. Unless these things are being cross posted which is usually viewed as bad forum etiquette.

Just my .02... ;-)

CKY
12-15-2009, 10:38 AM
Thanks triple t for your opinion. I suggest you keep your 2 cents before Obama takes it. If you dont like what's being discussed on this forum please choose a different forum to read. You can even tell a moderator to remove posts. Try that instead of post a comment on a post you think is wrong. Thanks again SBR and Bob Snellings Firearms.

TripleT
12-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Thanks triple t for your opinion. I suggest you keep your 2 cents before Obama takes it. Too late, he's already in all our pockets. :(

If you dont like what's being discussed on this forum please choose a different forum to read. Actually as an FFL I am in the correct forum. How about you ?

You can even tell a moderator to remove posts. Try that instead of post a comment on a post you think is wrong.

Liberal tactics,,, I can disagree with you and not want to censor your comments or opinion, again, How about you ?

rmasold
12-15-2009, 11:10 AM
Ok gentlemen lets all take a step back and look at this a bit. We all are getting off base a little. This thread was started to thank Bob Snellings not promote my shop, sorry for those of you that want to put a spin on everything that is put on these type fourms. If you have a problem with something that is said dont keep it going. You could choose to read a different fourm or topic.

Merry x Mas

rmasold
12-15-2009, 11:14 AM
For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

TripleT
12-15-2009, 12:17 PM
Ok gentlemen lets all take a step back and look at this a bit. We all are getting off base a little. This thread was started to thank Bob Snellings not promote my shop, sorry for those of you that want to put a spin on everything that is put on these type fourms. If you have a problem with something that is said dont keep it going. You could choose to read a different fourm or topic.

Merry x Mas

Sounds like a plan ! :)

Merry Christmas

tenpercentfirearms
12-15-2009, 10:51 PM

Merry x Mas

First let me say that it is all good and clearly we FFLs have nothing to fight over. There is plenty of business to go around and with my being down here in Kern County, none of yall up north are a threat to me. So lets enjoy each other.

Now, I must comment on this post because if rmasold is not a politician, he ought to be. Read carefully what he wrote.

"This thread was started to thank Bob Snellings not promote my shop, sorry for those of you that want to put a spin on everything that is put on these type fourms." He is telling the truth that the thread was started to thank Bob Snellings. The first sentence of this thread thanks Bob Snellings. However, the rest of the first post is clearly an advertisement for SBR. He is telling the truth, the thread started as a thank you. He does not mention that it quickly goes into an ad for SBR.

It gets better. He states, "sorry for those of you that want to put a spin on everything that is put on these type fourms." He is apologizing for his own behavior. The biggest spin in here is the fact that he started a thread to thank Bob Snellings but quickly turned this into a commercial thread for SBR. rmasold is clearly spinning this thread while at the same time he vaguely references "those of you" who like to spin, which is himself.

Seriously, rmasold, that was brilliant. I am not trying to be a punk. I am really impressed with you ability to Teflon coat this one and just brush things off without compromising your position. Excellent job. No sarcasm. I hope you did that on purpose.

Now back to the thread. rmasold wanted to do this here, no big deal. Until he started BTTing, he is free to thank Snellings in this forum and despite the lower number of people that would view this, that isn't a violation of any forum rules. I haven't checked the commercial forum, I hope he puts up a thank you over there where he can BTT as much as is allowed and a far greater number of potential customers will see it and not mainly us "frustrated" competitor FFLs.

If I want answers to how many he did and if it was worth it, I will just e-mail him due to the hindsight that isn't something you would admit to not being worth it so soon after the sale.

Reconsnake
12-16-2009, 9:32 AM
You continue to make my point clearer than I could ever hope to. Without the night, we can't appreciate the day. We need people like you, so I appreciate doing business with Snellings Firearms and Sacramento Black Rifle.

tacticalcity
12-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Bob Snellings is a friendly, helpful, nice guy who is good to deal with. Very helpful to those of us who want stuff other dealers have no clue are actually legal here. Bob retired from the DOJ, and knows the ins and outs of the law and if there is a way, he will find it for you. Most online companies selling lowers and black rifles that are willing to ship to California, already have his FFL on file, making it really easy to buy this stuff. Just make sure its legal here by checking the list, make sure the seller will ship to california, buy it and tell them to ship it to Snellings Firearms, go in for your DROS, show up 10 days later and pay...and you're done. Might sound like a lot of steps, but it it's a lot less than arguing with most FFLs about whether or not the item is legal.

Not sure how somebody ended up going after tenpercent, but he's always been very helpful to me as well. Was one of the first guys to start selling California legal items like Bulletbuttons and Monsterman grips and inspired me to start doing the same many years ago, and offered a lot of friendly advice knowing it might cost him a buck or two at some point since there would be one more guy out there selling California legal AR stuff back when almost nobody else was doing it...so be nice to him. He is a good guy.

I have yet to use Sacramento Black Rifle for lowers or complete rifles yet, but I am happy they are around and I am sure I will use them at some point in the future. My business comes from online sales, majority of which is out of state, so they have not hurt my bottom line at all. We have a different business model. They have increased local awareness, and I've actually gotten business as a result of that. So I have no complaints about them being around. With any luck other brick and mortar gun shops will follow their lead and stop being affraid of the OLL.

tenpercentfirearms
12-16-2009, 4:51 PM
With any luck other brick and mortar gun shops will follow their lead and stop being affraid of the OLL.

That is sig line material. "Afraid of the OLL." Boooo! :D

Plinkin
12-16-2009, 10:00 PM
Sacramento Black Rifle is the Sacramento areas premier black rifle shop. We offered a group buy of Spikes Tactical lowers for $75 each with a fixed dros fee of $50. Customers DO NOT BE ALARMED, we will continue to have the lowest prices in the Sacramento area and will meet or beat any advertised TDS price. Please ensure that you have a printed cooy of any competitor advertisement to take advantage of this great special.

AR15 AR-15 spikes lowers lpks stagarms dpms cmmg 6.8 556 223 hunting camping fishing guns female tds
well its clear who their worried about... tds your friendly gun store lol to the best priced local guys:chris:

rmasold
12-18-2009, 4:14 PM
Bob will be open Sat 12/18/2009 10-am 2-pm to try and help everyone out with the lowers..

vankman
12-21-2009, 11:53 PM
I have used Snellings before and Bob is top notch. The only transfers I have done are Sig handguns.

I bought a Draco from Henderson Defense and was going to drive to Fremont for the transfer but, if Bob does them, that would save me about 2 hours of driving. Does anyone know if he will do the transfer for that kind of thing?

Thanks in advance.

Seesm
12-24-2009, 9:49 PM
Confused... So does SBR not have a FFL and is Bob sell the lowers and SBR does the uppers and other accessories... Btw SBR and TDS are just two different shops... All cool.

itsmrjames
12-25-2009, 5:32 PM
Soooo much drama.. I didn't do this group buy but have delt with bob snelling before. He made the transfer of my oll go smoothly and quickly.

Thanks bob.

James-