PDA

View Full Version : Educating an out of state FFL about CA OLL's

Colt-45
12-05-2009, 6:16 PM
I'd like to educate an out of state FFL about the legality of OLL's in California. I'm pretty knowledgeable about the OLL's myself but I need some information to back me up. I already passed him the flow chart but I'm missing some of the specifics. I remember what first brought me to this site was a long thread where OLL's legality was discussed but I can no longer find it and believe me I've searched. If you guys can post me some useful California links I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.:cool2:

kemasa
12-06-2009, 8:07 AM
I don't know about that thread, but you can post them a link to the CA DOJ web page on a-salt weapons. Point out that it is not listed by name and it does not have any of the features. A stripped lower is not even semi-auto since it is the upper which determines that.I am not sure if someone makes a pump or bolt action upper, but it could be done.

CHS
12-06-2009, 8:56 AM
I am not sure if someone makes a pump or bolt action upper, but it could be done.

There are a LOT of bolt-action uppers out there. A lot of match shooters use them. No gas system and a knob is attached directly to the bolt carrier to cycle.

DPMS used to make pump-action uppers during the federal assault weapon ban, but no one makes them today to my knowledge.

Colt-45
12-06-2009, 1:00 PM
I found it

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=56818 :gun_bandana:

If anyone has any other helpful link please post.

Thanks in advance.