PDA

View Full Version : US Postal Service blows

Bucky G
12-05-2009, 2:18 PM
I ordered four AK74 mags from one of our vendors/members
he shipped fast and it got here right away
but when it got here the mags were missing and all I got was a torn open envelope.... it says on the envelope "Rec'd W/O Contents"
It went from his post office straight to my po box, so the only people who touched it were postal service employees

Lucky for me he's a standup guy and is sending replacements, I offered to pay but he wouldn't have any of it

great guy... I'll let you know later who it is

reidnez
12-05-2009, 2:22 PM
That really sucks, bud...my guess is it got jammed up in a machine somewhere. I've been really fortunate in that the postal service has been 100% for me, except for the military mail system which is a different story.

Kudos to that vendor for replacing them, that is above and beyond. I do hope you'll name him, he deserves credit and additional business. :thumbsup:

69Mach1
12-05-2009, 2:25 PM
Sorry about your troubles, but those envelopes were not meant for magazines. It's just a thin layer of cardboard paper. When I ship parts, any large or thick parts, I always use boxes, especially with UPS. If I had to use those cardboard envelopes, I would at the very least reinforce them with wide, clear tape.

sevensix2x51
12-05-2009, 2:25 PM
Kudos to that vendor for replacing them, that is above and beyond. I do hope you'll name him, he deserves credit and additional business. :thumbsup:

+1. who was it? ive got money to give them.

missiontrails
12-05-2009, 2:26 PM
Stuff like that should ALWAYS be shipped in a box. Those mags could have fit in one of those $4.95 flat rate boxes.

bohoki
12-05-2009, 2:29 PM
make sure you tell him to place them inside one of the free tyvex envelopes seal that then put it in the cardboard

9mmepiphany
12-05-2009, 2:30 PM
Those mags could have fit in one of those $4.95 flat rate boxes.

that's usually my first choice too

you can send as much as you can stuff in a box and it goes priority mail so you'll have it is a couple of days

joemama
12-05-2009, 2:36 PM
I can vouch for that... I had my ar-10 upper floating around in a postal truck for a few days ><. When I checked shipping status it said delivered left a note. Well there was no note left. I was on hold with san ramon post office for 30 min they said to go to dublin post office. Waited in line there for 30 min and they said go to san ramon post office. Went to san ramon post office waited in line for another 30 min and they said somethings wrong. GEE YA THINK! I ended up tracking down the delivery guy, it was under the freaking seat. He wouldnt have even dropped it off aside from the fact I said its about 20" long and weighs about 8 pounds. Gotta love USPS.:rolleyes:

akjunkie
12-05-2009, 2:53 PM
Best bet is to pay the Seller extra $$ for Signature Confirmation when it comes to High $$ gun parts.

I ordered an AR upper from Bushmaster 6 yrs ago. I heard the UPS truck pulling up in front of my house. Before i could open the front door, the UPS man tossed my box (over the fence) into my yard & hopped in his truck and took off. Luckily i was home or anyone could've walked by and taken my package.

Bucky G
12-05-2009, 2:54 PM
I can vouch for that... I had my ar-10 upper floating around in a postal truck for a few days ><. When I checked shipping status it said delivered left a note. Well there was no note left. I was on hold with san ramon post office for 30 min they said to go to dublin post office. Waited in line there for 30 min and they said go to san ramon post office. Went to san ramon post office waited in line for another 30 min and they said somethings wrong. GEE YA THINK! I ended up tracking down the delivery guy, it was under the freaking seat. He wouldnt have even dropped it off aside from the fact I said its about 20" long and weighs about 8 pounds. Gotta love USPS.:rolleyes:

WOW!

magazines are one thing, but a missing AR-10 is a whole nother animal

bigbob76
12-05-2009, 2:56 PM
About a month ago I sent a small package USPS (NAA pistol grips) and didn't think it was worth buying insurance. It hasn't been delivered or returned. I guess maybe it was pocket sized. Next time I'll use the free boxes.

Bucky G
12-05-2009, 2:58 PM
Best bet is to pay the Seller extra $$ for Signature Confirmation when it comes to High $$ gun parts.

I ordered an AR upper from Bushmaster 6 yrs ago. I heard the UPS truck pulling up in front of my house. Before i could open the front door, the UPS man tossed my box (over the fence) into my yard & hopped in his truck and took off. Luckily i was home or anyone could've walked by and taken my package.

yup

I bought a vintage Gibson Les Paul... they are pricey

I kept checking the tracking status... said it was still in Chicago for like a week
I got home from work and there it was propped up against the gate in a box with big letters... "1967 Gibson Les Paul"

somebody was very lucky it was still there... that somebody was me :p

reidnez
12-05-2009, 3:01 PM

They've done that to me, too. I came home from school one day and found a $3,000 HiFi amplifier sitting on my doorstep (the MFR had repaired it and sent it back to me). It probably sat there all day and I live in a big apartment complex, so any number of people could have grabbed it. Thankfully, most people are reasonably honest.

I've also had 4 packages delivered to the apt. office without my door being tagged--and in my building, they don't even ring anyone's doorbell to attempt to deliver in person. Everything goes straight to the office (with the exception of said amplifier) and you might get a door tag, if you're lucky. Pretty annoying! I also wonder when the management is going to report me to Homeland Security, considering all the crates of ammo that are shipped to my name :D. They are definitely starting to look at me funny.

223Devil
12-05-2009, 4:03 PM
USPS APPS parcel machines sometimes break open boxes when they jam the machine. Use to find all sorts of gun parts during the clean up tour. We turn them over to USPS clerks. I don't know where they go after, maybe some claim office.

Hoop
12-05-2009, 4:06 PM

I'm so glad my local USPS office lady is competent and knows me by name. Sacramento sorting office seems pretty spot-on too. Of course, my upper is in the mail right now, so I don't want to jinx myself either.

Mssr. Eleganté
12-05-2009, 4:13 PM
I'm no fan of the U.S. Postal Service, but packaging AK mags in an envelope designed for documents is a huge...
Packaging FAIL!!!

johnrunner89
12-05-2009, 4:28 PM
Good to see that you got new mags for no charge. The new flat rate boxes are a good deal and I haven't had any problems with them the last few packages. I would recommend getting them shipped that way next time.

run8
12-05-2009, 4:40 PM
Typical lazy postal employees (not all), I have a carrier in my neighborhood that is a real piece of work. Now mind you, I live in San Francisco, not Mayberry where all is peachy keen. So this guy was leaving very expensive packages on the steps right at the gate, simple for anyone walking by to just walk right up the stairs and take the package. Or his other game, ring the door bell very violently, so I rush to see who's there and no one is there, but there's my package sitting right in the open. So when I started getting C&R rifles delivered, same deal he would leave them sitting right on the steps, last thing I want is someone to steal this and use it for negative intentions.

I complained about this guy on several occassions, for a while he stopped doing his games, then they started up again, he's notorious for not even making a delivery attempt and a few days later I'll find a delivery notice stuffed between junk mail or a magazine or catalog I haven't gotten to until that moment. So this requires my making a trip to the service center, I did that five times in a row one week because of his lazy ***. I complained again, his boss took my complaints seriously and talked to him.

So now that I was having work done to my house, his latest excuse is that he can't make any delivery attempts because there is scaffolding infront, hmm I live there and can get up and down the stairs. Now the scaffolding is gone and he's still playing the games, I have just had it with this guy. I normally don't stir the pot on most things, but this guy can't even do his job correctly, but I'm the bad guy for complaining about him. I wish he would just go away and make someone else miserable, apparently I'm not the only one he does these games to.

run8
12-05-2009, 4:45 PM
Oh and I might add that they were responsible for destroying a 1917 Gew 98 I bought off someone in Chicago, I couldn't believe that the stock was broken in about five different places, it was sickening and now the guy I got it from has the nightmare of dealing with the post office on this one.

97F1504RAD
12-05-2009, 4:51 PM
I almost had this exact same thing happen from a vendor using that same type of paper envelope. Thankfully I got my contents. I would suggest not using this type of envelope to ship mag kits and/or hard parts at all for that matter. A box would be much better and there is no extra cost involved.

wait_one
12-05-2009, 5:06 PM
I'd have to agree on this one. This is no fault of the USPS, but the package used to mail the items. I'm actually on good terms with the postal service. They are very helpful in my neighborhood. They're always reminding customers on guidelines on how items should be packed when mailed.

I'm no fan of the U.S. Postal Service, but packaging AK mags in an envelope designed for documents is a huge...
Packaging FAIL!!!

Bucky G
12-05-2009, 5:14 PM
I'm thinking that if a package rips open and four ak magazines fall out, they could show a little courtesy and put em back in and tape it up

also it looks like the end was ripped open
I'm thinking some post office employee was out shooting with my mags this morning

AlliedArmory
12-05-2009, 5:18 PM
They should have been shipped in a box with insurance.

We sold some rebuild kits and the package seemed to be opened. most of the parts were there, but some were missing. Since we ship with insurance, we were refunded the full purchase price from USPS. Of course we sent out another set of rebuild kits as well.

Gio
12-05-2009, 5:24 PM
Yup, stuff like that should be boxed up, taped up around all the edges then taken to the USPS Office insured and shipped off. It may seem a bit costly at $12.00 or so for Insurance and Confirmation but better then having them lost or stolen by USPS Employees. UPS and Fed Ex are notorious for missing gun related parts so be careful choosing the carrier. Envelopes and Metal such as mags are never a good combination. Envelopes are meant to have paper sent in them not mags.

Glad whoever sold you those kits decided to send you replacements for free. That is why I ask buyers if they want insurnace or not for items shipped. I also try to package up the materials as good as I can as well. Take care,

-Gio

Mssr. Eleganté
12-05-2009, 5:32 PM
I'm thinking that if a package rips open and four ak magazines fall out, they could show a little courtesy and put em back in and tape it up...

I don't think you understand the way mail is handled in our modern machine age. If a package gets ripped open, it could pass through a couple of sorting machines and travel along 100 yards of conveyers, mixing with tens of thousands of other pieces of mail before a human finds the empty envelope.

bB7dhE_TW9g

Jeffu
12-05-2009, 5:50 PM
please show this to him:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=246406

Bucky G
12-05-2009, 7:25 PM
I don't think you understand the way mail is handled in our modern machine age. If a package gets ripped open, it could pass through a couple of sorting machines and travel along 100 yards of conveyers, mixing with tens of thousands of other pieces of mail before a human finds the empty envelope.

bB7dhE_TW9g

jesus... I had no clue
I live in a small town and I figured they just strapped it to a horse or something and sent it on its way

http://www.nebraskahistory.org/images/oversite/kidspage/ponyexpress.gif

sgtbuck
12-05-2009, 7:30 PM
A few weeks ago I saw a Postal Inspector arrest one of their carriers in front of my office. I was told he was stealing gift cards and stuff out of the mail.

glock_this
12-05-2009, 7:47 PM
USPS is one of my top most hated bizz's - the most inefficient, inept, bloated, classic government run agency. A dinosaur.

not only have I had issues with them in the past - once had my special race gels for the NYC Marathon show up 2 weeks after the race at the hotel after paying priority mail 5 days before I arrived only to be told... too bad

5 windows, only ever 1-2 open

new automated teller machines.. they put just 1 in the lobby despite them being 5 times faster than a human

raise their rates yearly, and before the next increase hits, they are back asking for another the very next year following the one about to come: 2001 x2, 2002, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, asked for a 2010 increase

tried to lobby congress for an "email" tax to make up for us all using email rather than sending letters.

their online "tracking" system is a :cuss: joke! I always, always, bar none, get my items before they even show up with status on their joke of a tracking system. just had 2 packages today in my hands that still said "delivery date unknown". classic example of their inability to execute effectively.

my mail box is full of more junk than mail, but we all know that junk is what is keeping them going as vendors have to pay to send that crap I put right into the recycler.

carriers are often to lazy & try to invoke lame USPS regulations to get out to deliver if a vehicle is blocking the box BUT do have the energy to place a note on the visitors window telling them not to despite the car is in front of the 500k HOUSE I OWN and if that is the only spot open to :cuss: bad

they need privatization.

Vinz
12-05-2009, 7:50 PM
Stuff like that should ALWAYS be shipped in a box. Those mags could have fit in one of those $4.95 flat rate boxes.
++++1 flat rate boxes kick azz.

Similar thing happened to a buddy. He was expecting a set of C5 Corvette brakes and we got an empty box. Funny thing is that the Postal worker stood there with it in hand and handed it over to him after he signed. The bottom of the box was torn apart. He said you gotta be kidding me. The frickin thing is empty and the tag says 22 lbs. He told him he would have to bring it back to the office.
vinz

Bucky G
12-05-2009, 8:15 PM
++++1 flat rate boxes kick azz.

Similar thing happened to a buddy. He was expecting a set of C5 Corvette brakes and we got an empty box. Funny thing is that the Postal worker stood there with it in hand and handed it over to him after he signed. The bottom of the box was torn apart. He said you gotta be kidding me. The frickin thing is empty and the tag says 22 lbs. He told him he would have to bring it back to the office.
vinz

no ****
I can't understand why they put an empty torn open envelope in my box?

that's just stupid

HkUSP45
12-05-2009, 8:23 PM
Almost the same thing happened to me about 3 years ago. Ordered 2 HK USP's mags thru ebay. Shipped thru USPS from seller in FL. When packaged arrived, it was out of packaging and 2 mags in factory plasitic bags just sitting in my mail box.

I ordered four AK74 mags from one of our vendors/members
he shipped fast and it got here right away
but when it got here the mags were missing and all I got was a torn open envelope.... it says on the envelope "Rec'd W/O Contents"
It went from his post office straight to my po box, so the only people who touched it were postal service employees

Lucky for me he's a standup guy and is sending replacements, I offered to pay but he wouldn't have any of it

great guy... I'll let you know later who it is

sv_1
12-05-2009, 9:42 PM
I sent a package in a box to Fort Bragg from the Bay Area. It vanished for months. Unfortunately it was memory cards that I didn't back up.

They just showed up one day... Oh well. USPS sucks.

Bucky G
12-05-2009, 9:46 PM
Almost the same thing happened to me about 3 years ago. Ordered 2 HK USP's mags thru ebay. Shipped thru USPS from seller in FL. When packaged arrived, it was out of packaging and 2 mags in factory plasitic bags just sitting in my mail box.

you got the candy, I got the wrapper :D

osis32
12-05-2009, 10:24 PM
haha thats san francisco for you. Im lucky I have a good postal carrier.

Typical lazy postal employees (not all), I have a carrier in my neighborhood that is a real piece of work. Now mind you, I live in San Francisco, not Mayberry where all is peachy keen. So this guy was leaving very expensive packages on the steps right at the gate, simple for anyone walking by to just walk right up the stairs and take the package. Or his other game, ring the door bell very violently, so I rush to see who's there and no one is there, but there's my package sitting right in the open. So when I started getting C&R rifles delivered, same deal he would leave them sitting right on the steps, last thing I want is someone to steal this and use it for negative intentions.

I complained about this guy on several occassions, for a while he stopped doing his games, then they started up again, he's notorious for not even making a delivery attempt and a few days later I'll find a delivery notice stuffed between junk mail or a magazine or catalog I haven't gotten to until that moment. So this requires my making a trip to the service center, I did that five times in a row one week because of his lazy ***. I complained again, his boss took my complaints seriously and talked to him.

So now that I was having work done to my house, his latest excuse is that he can't make any delivery attempts because there is scaffolding infront, hmm I live there and can get up and down the stairs. Now the scaffolding is gone and he's still playing the games, I have just had it with this guy. I normally don't stir the pot on most things, but this guy can't even do his job correctly, but I'm the bad guy for complaining about him. I wish he would just go away and make someone else miserable, apparently I'm not the only one he does these games to.

brianm767
12-05-2009, 10:49 PM
Good the guy is going to take care of you, I also had a set of wrenches that said the same thing on the envelope, and it turns out, my envelope went through a Chicago center, then on to a San Jose center where it was stamped like mentioned.

crin63
12-06-2009, 6:40 AM
I've worked in USPS, UPS & FEDEX facilities hundreds of times as a contractor.

All envelopes and small packages are subject to being caught in the head and tail roll assemblies of the conveyors. All packaging envelopes are subject to being torn open when they get caught in the sidepan and guards on the conveyors.

I've pulled out dozens and dozens of overnight envelopes from tail sections on conveyors that had been there for weeks or months. I once found a letter stuck in a sorting chute from the 1960's and that was in the mid 80's.

If you want to make sure something absolutely gets where you want it to go put in a box at least an inch think and document size. Everything you ship should be able to be dropped from 6 feet without damaging the contents. You need to tape all the edges so they cant get caught in equipment, oh and expect to have 10-20 packages stack on top of it.

Once last thing that may sound kind of corny. If you have the chance, get to know your mail, UPS and Fedex carriers. Treat them like a friend when you see them and they will learn who you are, where you live and they will go the extra mile for you. They either get ignored or treated poorly most of the time, so a little genuine kindness goes along way with them. When they are loading their trucks they will make a mental note that you have a package, they will treat your packages better and they will make sure you get your packages.

THT
12-06-2009, 9:09 AM
Once last thing that may sound kind of corny. If you have the chance, get to know your mail, UPS and Fedex carriers. Treat them like a friend when you see them and they will learn who you are, where you live and they will go the extra mile for you. They either get ignored or treated poorly most of the time, so a little genuine kindness goes along way with them. When they are loading their trucks they will make a mental note that you have a package, they will treat your packages better and they will make sure you get your packages.

Christmas tips of warm food, cookies, drinks are perfect for this

97F1504RAD
12-06-2009, 9:59 AM
USPS is one of my top most hated bizz's - the most inefficient, inept, bloated, classic government run agency. A dinosaur.

not only have I had issues with them in the past - once had my special race gels for the NYC Marathon show up 2 weeks after the race at the hotel after paying priority mail 5 days before I arrived only to be told... too bad

5 windows, only ever 1-2 open

new automated teller machines.. they put just 1 in the lobby despite them being 5 times faster than a human

raise their rates yearly, and before the next increase hits, they are back asking for another the very next year following the one about to come: 2001 x2, 2002, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, asked for a 2010 increase

tried to lobby congress for an "email" tax to make up for us all using email rather than sending letters.

their online "tracking" system is a :cuss: joke! I always, always, bar none, get my items before they even show up with status on their joke of a tracking system. just had 2 packages today in my hands that still said "delivery date unknown". classic example of their inability to execute effectively.

my mail box is full of more junk than mail, but we all know that junk is what is keeping them going as vendors have to pay to send that crap I put right into the recycler.

carriers are often to lazy & try to invoke lame USPS regulations to get out to deliver if a vehicle is blocking the box BUT do have the energy to place a note on the visitors window telling them not to despite the car is in front of the 500k HOUSE I OWN and if that is the only spot open to :cuss: bad

they need privatization.

Yep I agree 100%

And to think the Government wants to be in charge of our health care.

run8
12-06-2009, 11:29 AM
I've tried that, doesn't work trust me, not with this clown in my area. The other guys that cover his route, I get along wtih them great, so I dunno what this dudes problem is, guess he just hates his job.

franco802
12-06-2009, 11:32 AM
That same thing has happen to me twice with USPS.

Bucky G
12-06-2009, 11:40 AM
twice?

jeesuz, please don't happen again

rg_1111@yahoo.com
12-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Postal service has 4 of my magazines I shipped to another forum member. I sent his money back to him. Filed a claim with post office never herd a thing.

xm177
12-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Post office lost a 10rd. mag, bullet button, and MO of mine. It take 2 WHOLE MONTHS to get reimbursed for the MO. I'm SOL for the parts.

Ship priority with insurance when you can. Much better than first class. Only put items that are a max 1/4 in. width in envelopes. Everything else goes in boxes.

glock_this
12-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Post office lost a 10rd. mag, bullet button, and MO of mine. It take 2 WHOLE MONTHS to get reimbursed for the MO. I'm SOL for the parts.

Ship priority with insurance when you can. Much better than first class. Only put items that are a max 1/4 in. width in envelopes. Everything else goes in boxes.

oh yeah... I forgot this one

another time when they lost something of mine they begrudgingly agreed to reimburse me. but what they did not tell me was that IT WOULD BE IN STAMPS!!! so I got like $40 in :cuss: stamps!

THT
12-06-2009, 12:06 PM
oh yeah... I forgot this one

another time when they lost something of mine they begrudgingly agreed to reimburse me. but what they did not tell me was that IT WOULD BE IN STAMPS!!! so I got like $40 in :cuss: stamps!

:eek:

DanHuuN
12-06-2009, 12:39 PM
wait! based on the photo, the metered stamp placed is one that can only be obtained at a P.O. There is no way it was rec'd without contents. The P.O. wouldn't have been able to way it and acquire the postal rate. BULL****! The P.O. needs to replace the entire package. WTF?!?!

Bucky G
12-06-2009, 12:42 PM
LOL reimbursed in stamps!

that's like the sewage company reimbursing you in poop :D

Bucky G
12-06-2009, 12:44 PM
wait! based on the photo, the metered stamp placed is one that can only be obtained at a P.O. There is no way it was rec'd without contents. The P.O. wouldn't have been able to way it and acquire the postal rate. BULL****! The P.O. needs to replace the entire package. WTF?!?!

I think it was metered when it was sent, not received

but then again, I'm the guy that though that was delivered on horseback... I could be wrong

chickenfried
12-06-2009, 12:56 PM
The real problem is people stuffing items that should be in boxes into envelopes. Last week my ultimate cliploader http://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/9f/0/AAAAAiFuLLkAAAAAAJ8PSw.jpg and a glock holster came in envelopes. WTH are they thinking?

Of course I'll never forget the guy that sent my alessi double mag holder in a small letter sized envelope with the plastic window for the address to show. All I got was an envelope with a torn plastic flap. Of course he was shocked that I only got an empty envelope. Never did make good. :rolleyes:

crin63
12-07-2009, 6:00 AM
Theres always jerks out there. I've moved twice in the last 5 years. I've had 6 different mail carriers and 4 UPS drivers. I only had 1 mail carrier that was a jerk, everyone else was cool.

I've tried that, doesn't work trust me, not with this clown in my area. The other guys that cover his route, I get along wtih them great, so I dunno what this dudes problem is, guess he just hates his job.

Barney Gumble
12-07-2009, 11:12 AM
I love how everyone expects perfection out of a complex system operating on a massive scale. It's simply not realistic. They handle something like 670 million pieces of mail a day. Even if they are 99.999% perfect (and that's a common standard for high reliability) a lot of stuff is going to go missing.

krazz
12-07-2009, 11:37 AM
I recently purchased a copy of "AK-47 The Grim Reaper" and it came to me with the packaging ripped open and the rear cover of the book soggy wet.

slipangle
12-07-2009, 11:38 AM
To add to the level of shipping retardation recorded around here, I just received an AR multi-tool (heavy). When it came through my mail slot, the wrench was hanging halfway out of the package.

The package, in this case, was one of those cardboard USPS envelopes. No tape or other reinforcement.

MasterYong
12-07-2009, 12:04 PM
yup

I bought a vintage Gibson Les Paul... they are pricey

I kept checking the tracking status... said it was still in Chicago for like a week
I got home from work and there it was propped up against the gate in a box with big letters... "1967 Gibson Les Paul"

somebody was very lucky it was still there... that somebody was me :p

LOL I got a box from Midway USA once that said "AR15" in giant letters on the outside, leaning against my door. In CA.

I called Midway and said "hey this is just a suggestion but it'd be great if you could use a little more discretion. First: an ar15 is the kind of thing undesirables would most likely LOVE to steal and second: a lot of folks think ar15s are illegal in CA" the lady's response was something like "oh... well we USUALLY try to put marked boxes in larger, unmarked boxes to respect ou customers privacy"

On another occasion I ordered a bunch of parts from Midway USA, one of them being a Tipton gun vice so the box was pretty big. One corner of the box was torn away from one of the processing machines. There was a BUIS missing form the order that was on the invoice. I called Midway and they replaced it free of charge and even covered the chipping. Pretty cool of them.

run8
12-07-2009, 12:19 PM
I understand how machines break, and the packages sometimes get damaged and such. But when a person can't do his or her job correctly, that is just a lack of pride, period!

I love how everyone expects perfection out of a complex system operating on a massive scale. It's simply not realistic. They handle something like 670 million pieces of mail a day. Even if they are 99.999% perfect (and that's a common standard for high reliability) a lot of stuff is going to go missing.

Dekker
12-07-2009, 12:24 PM
They're inconsistent. Mailed a letter out to a location 2 hours away from me with a regular 44c stamp and it got there the next day. Then I mailed out a second letter to a location 30 minutes away and it took 3 days @___@

evollep3
12-07-2009, 6:35 PM
All post carriers have problems in my opinion UPS lost $3000 worth of magpul stull that was suppose to been signed when received yet the driver left it on the doorway and signed it him self :no: luckily i got my refund back from my distributor even tho it took them 4 months to do so. then USPS loses a Aimpoint and one time when i first started doing norcal they held like 20 packages in thoughts because my logo of a rifle that i was shipping firearms and took them 3 weeks to let them go even tho I spent countless hours on the phone with them about the contents i tell you you can never win with them

wash
12-07-2009, 7:39 PM
In my experience USPS is nowhere near 99%. 90% is probably too high unless you count junk mail which I would like them to loose.

evollep3
12-07-2009, 7:59 PM
In my experience USPS is nowhere near 99%. 90% is probably too high unless you count junk mail which I would like them to loose.

amen to that. its like mapquest even tho you select the shortest route what they really mean is shortest route through the most shopping centers! :rolleyes: its conspiracy i tell ya :mad:

Dangerpin
12-07-2009, 9:14 PM
My wife is home during the day and she actually saw a USPS worker walk by and throw a package over the back fence on to the concrete. Not a box either, but one of those tyvek envelopes full of electronic gear.

I guess if I had to work for the government I might be a little testy too, still the level of callousness that it takes to do that is surprising.

Rem222
12-08-2009, 7:43 AM
I'm one of the lucky ones. Same carrier for years, a great guy, calls me by name and puts parcels on my porch where they can't be seen...

bombadillo
12-08-2009, 7:50 AM
Just ship UPS or Fedex and call it a day. USPS does suck at delivering things on time. I always end up at UPS and they know me there now.

Rukus
12-08-2009, 8:59 AM
They're inconsistent. Mailed a letter out to a location 2 hours away from me with a regular 44c stamp and it got there the next day. Then I mailed out a second letter to a location 30 minutes away and it took 3 days @___@

I know this feeling. My parents sent out invitations to the Thanksgiving dinner they host here in San Diego. All invitations were sent out at one time, the majority of them were sent to Riverside CA and arrived in 2 days. The ones sent to me and my sister here in San Diego arrived the day AFTER thanksgiving, and took nearly 8 days to get here. WTF?!

MissionMTMan
12-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Ya, that package should have had a tyvek envelope in it. I think he will remember next time.

glock_this
12-08-2009, 12:46 PM
tracking 2 items I know were sent 5 days ago.. both still say

"electronic shipping info received"

"delivery date unknown"

how the hell is it that every other shipping provider as a legit, up to date tracking system but USPS.. theirs blows so bad it is a joke and essentially, worthless.

I have a UPS and FedEx tracking going and both show exact details.. 5, 4, 3, 2,1 day until delivery with details.

Hoop
12-08-2009, 12:52 PM
My wife is home during the day and she actually saw a USPS worker walk by and throw a package over the back fence on to the concrete. Not a box either, but one of those tyvek envelopes full of electronic gear.

I guess if I had to work for the government I might be a little testy too, still the level of callousness that it takes to do that is surprising.

UPS guy did that at my house, bowling ball type throw that bounced off my front door. Broke the "I WISH I WERE DEAD" coffee mugs that I had ordered from TheOnion as gifts.

Hoop
12-08-2009, 12:56 PM
tracking 2 items I know were sent 5 days ago.. both still say

"electronic shipping info received"

"delivery date unknown"

how the hell is it that every other shipping provider as a legit, up to date tracking system but USPS.. theirs blows so bad it is a joke and essentially, worthless.

I have a UPS and FedEx tracking going and both show exact details.. 5, 4, 3, 2,1 day until delivery with details.

USPS shows exact locations if they pay for tracking. A lot of times I only pay for delivery confirmation.

EG - Order from Midwayusa went like:

Arrived Sorting Facility Somewhere, USA - 3:45 PM
Departed Sorting Facility Somewhere, USA - 5:42 PM
Arrived Sorting Facility Sacramento, CA - 11:09 PM
Departed Sorting Facility Sacramento, CA 2:10 AM
Delivered in Bumble****, CA 5:30 AM

However, cheap jerks like me just pay for Delivery Confirm, so all you get is:

Notified to expect.....
Delivered!

Bucky G
12-08-2009, 3:45 PM
Ya, that package should have had a tyvek envelope in it. I think he will remember next time.

lol

it's a pleasure doing business with ya, for real
they don't get any cooler than you

thanks man

MissionMTMan
12-08-2009, 8:18 PM
Thanks Bucky. :)

Merc1138
12-08-2009, 8:43 PM
shipping anything via USPS is just a terrible idea. While I've experienced the same horror stories of ups and fedex drivers throwing packages across the driveway and not even getting out of the truck, it's the USPS that has managed to lose things on a regular basis.

A couple years ago I had a videocard that was supposed to be delivered via USPS, when the box arrived, it was ripped open and the videocard was missing, had a note "received without contents". A couple years before that it was a motherboard, same note, except the box had been cut open. The USPS is the only delivery service with the balls to leave an empty box on your doorstep as if the person had shipped it that way.

I can get a parcel from China to the bay area in 4 days, dropped off via USPS with constant tracking updates. Yet the same size parcel from San Diego takes 5 days and the tracking info never gets passed "electronic shipping info received"? wtf is that about?

Oh, then there was the time I had a package and the tracking info wasn't updated until the day after I had already received it. I know this, because I had been checking it every day, then one day it just got dropped off. The next day I clicked the wrong link for another package and then there was the older tracking number now updated with being received and sent out from various places. Why couldn't they have put that info in during the week it took to get me my package?

And I can't even begin to count how many times I've had things just disappear in the mail and never arrive, yet the damn junkmail always shows up like clockwork.

My place of work is right next door to a post office(they use our basketball court on their lunchbreaks), I had a package get lost in transit, when asked where I was expecting it to be delivered I said "next door, such and such drive" the clerk starts arguing with me that it isn't possible for me to be next door with that address, the supervisor had to come over and point out the window at the sign my company has in the driveway with the number on it, she went dead silent.

I also love it when I have to go to the post office and there's 30 people ahead of me in line, 1 clerk at the counter that has 5 other closed stations, and a half dozen random employees in the back that you can see just chatting away. If any other delivery service was operated like the USPS, they'd be out of business within a year.

run8
12-08-2009, 8:57 PM
Or worse yet are 20-30 people in line, 1 window open, and who's being helped but another lazy postal employee buying money orders or some BS, it's like the blind leading the blind, gov't waste at it's finest.

crin63
12-09-2009, 5:50 AM
lol

it's a pleasure doing business with ya, for real
they don't get any cooler than you

thanks man

I'll 2nd that!!!

MissionMTMan
12-09-2009, 9:30 AM
Don't even get me started with the USPS. I hate that govt org with a passion but at the same time I love getting you guys packages in 3 days for cheap. It's a love hate thing.haha

Bucky G
12-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Don't even get me started with the USPS. I hate that govt org with a passion but at the same time I love getting you guys packages in 3 days for cheap. It's a love hate thing.haha

and that's the truth right there

it's worth the occasional problem
three days all the way from you to me... that'd be a lot UPS or Fedex money

ar15barrels
12-09-2009, 2:01 PM
I get boxes with barrels sticking out of them all the time.
You would be amazed at how poorly people pack things.

ar15barrels
12-09-2009, 2:02 PM

I believe stamps might be legal tender.
You can return them and exchange them for cash at the post office.

himurax13
12-09-2009, 2:46 PM
I have been shipping through the post office for the last 10 years. The only package that was a $50 text book that was packaged in one of their bubbled mailers. I bet the sorting machine chewed it up. I usually make sure that I wrap the contents in a priority mail cardboard envelope before I put it in a padded envelope. Then I reinforce the opening with some clear tape.