PDA

View Full Version : Whats Highbridge gonna do now

220RR
11-13-2005, 1:37 PM
that prop H passed.Phil should move his store somewhere else

delloro
11-13-2005, 2:29 PM
disagree. he should put up the biggest, most obnoxious signs possible.

PanzerAce
11-13-2005, 2:45 PM
disagree. he should put up the biggest, most obnoxious signs possible.

*laughs* No, what he should do is get a billboard over looking a highway, and put on it: "Get your handguns at (adress)", and make sure that the people who wanted this see it every day. Then, not take it down untill the challeng in court passes. hmmm, maybe he should also have ads on the radio and tv, just to piss the people off.

Mike Searson
11-15-2005, 9:55 AM
He could always sue the city!

PanzerAce
11-15-2005, 11:22 AM
he could, but the NRA already did.

shopkeep
11-15-2005, 2:40 PM
As a businessowner myself I would sue on the following basis:

Damages would be equal to all the money the business could have possibly made until I retired based on current income adjusted for inflation.

So if his shop makes $10,000 a month in profit and he retires at 70 (assuming he's a sole proprietor) and inflation stays at 3% then he should sue for around $10,000,000 minimum.

bwiese
11-15-2005, 3:03 PM
As a businessowner myself I would sue on the following basis:

Damages would be equal to all the money the business could have possibly made until I retired based on current income adjusted for inflation.

So if his shop makes $10,000 a month in profit and he retires at 70 (assuming he's a sole proprietor) and inflation stays at 3% then he should sue for around $10,000,000 minimum.

Dude, these numbers are near-ridiculous.

Show me a small gunshop in high-cost bay area that has $120K/year profit after salaries have been paid. Profit = sales - salaries - other expenses. That means they need to have upwards of $1.5Mil/year sales, likely more given high rents, etc. Traders and Reed's might be able to pull that off but they sell other stuff too, with a lot of bulk ammo and fishing/camping supplies, etc.

HighBridge Arms is a relatively small shop/FFL dealer. Most of their biz seems to be gunshow related.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

shopkeep
11-15-2005, 5:30 PM
Now I never mentioned that the $120k was an objective claim of what it was making right now at this point in time. I'm just giving the $120k as an example of what a lawyer or expert would make. Keep in mind in this state you get to be a millionaire just for spilling a hot cup of McDonald's coffee on your lap.

And if a cup of coffee gets you a few million, just imagine what a business gets you! Of course it's really a moot point because they did this crap in 1982 and the court would look like a bunch of complete morons if they didn't also throw out this one when the exact same court (and knowing how long those guys take to retire probably the exact same justices) threw out the previous ban.

Yute
11-16-2005, 2:49 PM
Yeah I was wondering that too. High Bridge has some great people - always friendly and helpful. Shop is actually surprisingly full sometimes when I occasionally drop by. A couple of months ago they had quite a big stack of DROS papers from people during their 10 day waiting periods (mine was at the bottom). I have seen cops walk in occasionally, I guess they came to buy their ammo... Maybe they can survive off LEO business? hopefully they'll still be around, i need to get a few more rifles and pistols in the future!

Mssr. Eleganté
11-16-2005, 8:17 PM
Maybe they can survive off LEO business?

If Prop H is upheld in court there won't be any "LEO business". The law completely bans the sale, distribution, transfer and manufacture of all firearms and ammunition within San Francisco. LEO's are not exempt from this ban. Everybody, including other LEO's or even the Police Dept or the City government, will be forbidden from giving police officers any firearms or ammunition within San Francisco.

Police are only exempt from the prohibition on handgun possession, and only while carrying out the functions of their government employment. Any transfers of firearms or ammunition to police officers will have to take place outside of San Francisco.

Maybe the SFPD can buy all of its guns and ammunition outside of the City, and then say that it is not really transfering or distributing the guns and ammunition to the individual officers since the guns and ammunition will remain property of SFPD. Or maybe the SFPD will just ignore the law like everybody else.

Yute
02-20-2006, 4:07 PM
Has anybody been to high bridge recently? Anyone know what's going to happen to them? I keep trying to call they've and either they're closed, away at a gunshow or busy... sigh.. telephone tag!

dwtt
02-20-2006, 7:02 PM
I spoke to High Bridge last year at the Cow Palace gun show when Prop H was still being considered. They felt they can still stay in business by selling to the City and by selling accessories. I don't know if their outlook has changed since last Sept. but they certainly had a good incentive to help prevent Prop H from passing.

MidnightSon117
02-21-2006, 1:09 AM
They were at the gun show at the Cow Palace this past weekend. I think gun show sales might be their staple income if things don't change, or until they relocate. They had a good deal on a Kahr PM9 too!

rips31
02-21-2006, 9:57 AM
yea...the seem to drain their inventory at gun shows.

NRAhighpowershooter
02-21-2006, 3:16 PM
Maybe the SFPD can buy all of its guns and ammunition outside of the City,

I believe SFPD buys their guns through Traders..... Traders does a tremendous LOE wholesale business....