PDA

View Full Version : Problem with rifle chambering next round

kingsfan8888
12-04-2009, 7:23 PM
Just put a new rifle together and the gun is not chambering the next round consistantly. I went to cold war shooters and they cut a A-2 buffer tube spring down to fit my Magpul MOE buttstock. They said it would work the exact same. I suspect that the bolt is not going completely back after firing which is preventing the new round from chambering. What else could be the problem or could that be the source of my problem?

sspen003
12-04-2009, 7:28 PM
Buy a new milspec buffertube and spring.

Sounds like they are being cheap

tomd1584
12-04-2009, 7:33 PM
wow, i guess the proper spring was too expensive:

http://riflegear.com/p-184-stag-arms-carbine-action-spring.aspx

kingsfan8888
12-04-2009, 7:46 PM

They did not have it in stock. They charged me 40 bucks for the kit for my magpul moe. I was going shooting and taking a private class with my buddy today and had to get it. They told me they would have it in stock 2 weeks ago.

I have had nothing but problems with them and they have tried to overcharge me at every corner. I have a credit with them. After i spend that up i am never doing business with them again. The girls that work there are great but the guys working in the shop try and nickel and dime you to death. I have tried to be cool and not talk crap about them but, when you have been overcharged ( I am a noob) and find out about it later it really pisses me off. I know they are overcharging me but I was in a bad situation and they took advantage of it. I will not do business with them again. I dropped $1,200.00 bucks with them on one order. There loss is gonna be riflegear and Midwest's gain. I plan on buying at least 5k worth of guns in the next 6 months and I have deep pockets.

On the bright side this has inspired me to build another AR. I just ordered my parts kit and Vltor stock from Rifle gear and I am gonna go by next week to pick up a Noveske lower. I am gonna go all out on this rifle. I think I'll call it my F-U build. LOL. 2 new rifles in a month. God i love this country.

Anyway back to the rifle.

kingsfan8888
12-04-2009, 7:47 PM

I was also told by the clerk there I had to get a Magpul spring.

Jwood562
12-04-2009, 7:49 PM
I was also told by the clerk there I had to get a Magpul spring.

oh boy

sspen003
12-04-2009, 8:01 PM
Take a fellow calgunner with you who knows hows these guys work. When a gunstore advertises on 106.7 they are gunna gouge.

You could have almost gotten two rifles for 1200. You dont need a magpul spring. All you need it milspec stuff. Its sad when gunstore workers take advantage of new gun owners

sirnonz
12-04-2009, 8:14 PM
wow that sucks, if you are in need of a spring or anything in a rush post it up. most cal gunners are more than happy to lend a hand. let me know if you need to borrow the spring to test if that really is the issue.

J_Rock
12-04-2009, 9:33 PM
Wow, I think you just got screwed pretty badly. The problem is not with the rifle but with some idiot giving you an improper spring. Get a proper carbine buffer spring and you should be fine.

There are many vendors that offer pretty quick shipping. Id check Bravo Co. USA or Rainier Arms.

sdbobbyt
12-04-2009, 9:38 PM
New magazine too?

I had a new magazine that had a spring that was really tight. It would fail to load the first couple rounds. I left ten rounds in it for a week, it loosened up enough to work properly.

Does it happen first few rounds or at any time?

kingsfan8888
12-04-2009, 9:41 PM
New magazine too?

I had a new magazine that had a spring that was really tight. It would fail to load the first couple rounds. I left ten rounds in it for a week, it loosened up enough to work properly.

Does it happen first few rounds or at any time?

Happens 90% of the time. It is not the magazines I let my buddy shoot my magazines and they were 100% effective.

kingsfan8888
12-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Just added more parts to the F-U build bought them online from Riflegear.

Daniel Defense XV Complete Upper
$599.00

TangoDown BattleGrip-Flat Dark Earth
$33.49

Vltor Basic Carbine Modstock, complete assembly-Flat Dark Earth
$162.45

TangoDown Quick Detach Vertical Grip-Flat Dark Earth
$80.99

Magpul Ladder Rail Protector-Flat Dark Earth
$11.49

Vltor CASV Handguard Extended Carbine Length-Flat Dark Earth
$275.49

Magpul PMAG 10 Round 30 Body Magazine .223/5.56mm-Flat Dark Earth
$80.97

I hope riflegear doesn't feel used. I'm not trying to use them and then leave. I'm just all about proving a point to people when I feel they have ripped me off. I'm just glad I have never been ripped off on a house.

sspen003
12-05-2009, 12:59 PM
You feel like you got ripped with the prices above?

kingsfan8888
12-05-2009, 1:06 PM
You feel like you got ripped with the prices above?

No cold war shooters charged me 90.00 for a milspec buffer tube kit that malfunctioned. The above I got from Riflegear and their prices are great. Also picked up 800 rounds of 223 from cheaperthandirt.com this morning.

So I felt compelled to go by a whole new rifle (that I was gonna buy from them next week) from another dealer and show them the 1600.00 rifle they missed out making money on . I will never buy anything from them again. Next on my list is a SOCOM16. Probly around tax return time.

sspen003
12-05-2009, 1:34 PM
Sorry to hear that. But it sounds like when you get this problem solved your going to have a kick *** rifle. Best thing you can do it just divert potential customers from them and send them to more reputable dealers.