PDA

View Full Version : Single Action Revolvers Exempt from Roster?

ugimports
12-04-2009, 4:03 PM
I have a customer trying to buy a Ruger Vaquero 45LC from a guy up really far in Northern California (as in near the border) that makes a PPT difficult. I was not aware of the Single Action Revolver Exemption and can't seem to find anything on it. The seller who used to be an FFL (not sure from what time periods) called me and told me about the exemption. I'd like to print out the relevant section of Penal Code for my own reference in the future (and to attach to the DROS for my records). Can anyone point me to the right section? I'm hunting for the info on the CA DOJ site now, but no luck so far.

Thanks,

ugimports
12-04-2009, 4:05 PM
I have a customer trying to buy a Ruger Vaquero 45LC from a guy up really far in Northern California (as in near the border) that makes a PPT difficult. I was not aware of the Single Action Revolver Exemption and can't seem to find anything on it. The seller who used to be an FFL (not sure from what time periods) called me and told me about the exemption. I'd like to print out the relevant section of Penal Code for my own reference in the future (and to attach to the DROS for my records). Can anyone point me to the right section? I'm hunting for the info on the CA DOJ site now, but no luck so far.

Thanks,

Ignore Me:

12133. (a) The provisions of this chapter shall not apply to a
single-action revolver that has at least a 5-cartridge capacity
with a barrel length of not less than three inches, and meets
any of the following specifications:
(1) Was originally manufactured prior to 1900 and is a curio or
relic, as defined in Section 478.11 of Title 27 of the Code of
Federal Regulations.
(2) Has an overall length measured parallel to the barrel of at
least 71/2 inches when the handle, frame or receiver, and
barrel are assembled.
(3) Has an overall length measured parallel to the barrel of at
least 71/2 inches when the handle, frame or receiver, and
barrel are assembled and that is currently approved for
importation into the United States pursuant to the provisions
of paragraph (3) of subsection (d) of Section 925 of Title 18
of the United States Code.

Saigon1965
12-04-2009, 4:59 PM
What has been seen cannot be unseen -

kemasa
12-05-2009, 7:01 AM
Unless it is all deleted :-).

ugimports
12-05-2009, 10:45 AM
Yeah, I thought about deleting it, but decided to leave it up for future reference since I can't delete the whole post.

kemasa
12-06-2009, 8:04 AM
You could change the question though, but I am not sure if you can change the subject.

Just one of those things where you answer your own question :-).

ugimports
12-18-2009, 9:14 AM
I'm happy I saved this since I had to re-read it again today :)

OCArmory
12-18-2009, 7:12 PM
That's ok took me a while to find it as well.

hockeeplayrr
12-23-2009, 12:12 PM
That's some good info. But what about single shot pistols. Like the Thompson Contender and the Remington XP 100 bolt action? Any info on these?

Cokebottle
12-23-2009, 12:24 PM
That's some good info. But what about single shot pistols. Like the Thompson Contender and the Remington XP 100 bolt action? Any info on these?
Single-shot is G2G if the barrel length is at least 6" and the OAL is at least 10.5"

bwiese
12-23-2009, 3:33 PM

Yes, as above post states, a single-shot pistol is Roster exempt if it has min bbl length of 6" and min overall length of 10.5" (measured parallel to bore).

It should be noted that some small subset of Remington XP100s indeed has a 3? 4? round magazine and floppy floorplate. Even if the stock is closed on bottom there still might be a magazine, which takes it out of single shot status. So make sure there's "0-shot" capacity outside of the chamber for that XP100 to be Roster-exempt single-shot.