PDA

View Full Version : With all the different registration rules passed in CA. on AR's-

semperfi374
12-04-2009, 11:30 AM
Hello All!

I'm new to this site and I'm glad to have discovered this site... I have a questions to see if I can be pointed in the right direction.

How can I find out if I did register my AR's properly and haven't fallen under some trap to correctly register my Rifles under the different laws passed for these type of Rifles?

Any way to find out what has been registered under your name in California?
Just want to make sure my Rifles are still considered legally registered in California... BTW, these were considered to be pre-ban rifles back when I bought them in 1997, DPMS was the manufacture...

Thanks in advance,
Eddie

ke6guj
12-04-2009, 11:40 AM
You can send in this form, http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/AFSPrivateCitizen.pdf , and you will get a printout back stating all the firearms that are registerede in your name, which should include any Registered Assualt Weapons that are in your name, IIRC.

note that you had to specifically send in an Assault Weapons Registration form to CADOJ in 2000 for it to be Registered. Merely purchasing it from a dealer in 1997 and going through the background check and waiting period does not count.

semperfi374
12-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Jack;

Thanks for reply, I do remember doing another registration form and sending it in about a couple of years after I purchased my rifles, should have been this 2000 year registration period you mentioned.
I'll send in the form you provided and make sure everything is good to go!
Thanks again,
Eddie

bohoki
12-04-2009, 12:04 PM
i think there have been 3 tries to ban ar-15s

the first was tthe one that banned the name colt ar-15

the next was the features ban

then there was an updated list

and they still failed

you cant make a foolproof law cause them fools are just too clever