PDA

View Full Version : **17 AUGUST PICTURE UPDATE PG2** Idea for making my G36 clone CA legal **PIC INSIDE**

Hepcat85
12-03-2009, 8:59 AM
Greetings!

I dropped this note to Monsterman and he kindly suggested I ask for some feedback here. So here it goes:

I'm going to be moving to CA in the coming year and would love to not have to sell my beloved G36 clone. I'm in NJ and the rifle is NJ legal which means

1) fixed non-folding stock
2) faux G3 non-functional/non-flash hiding muzzle device.
3) no bayonet lug.

So with that I figure if I'm using 10 round magazines and if I were able to somehow modify the grip by bolting on a ridged plastic spacer (like the Monsterman grip) that it would be CA legal. What do you chaps think? I'm not looking to compete nor sell this item, just want to be able to take my G36 with me. :)

Take a look:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/hepcat85/zzzzSC01253.jpg

Any advice or suggestions would be very kindly appreciated.

Thanks

HC

drummerdude1188
12-03-2009, 9:02 AM
Your on the right track, if you go with the webbing in the red you will be good to go. No other mods will be necessary.

Hepcat85
12-03-2009, 9:05 AM
Your on the right track, if you go with the webbing in the red you will be good to go. No other mods will be necessary.

Thanks for posting.

Follow up Q: If the wedge that is screwed onto the base of the grip and the stock in a non-perm fashion will that be okay? In other words, the webbing can be taken off with tools but not in a pinch.

drummerdude1188
12-03-2009, 9:11 AM
Thanks for posting.

Follow up Q: If the wedge that is screwed onto the base of the grip and the stock in a non-perm fashion will that be okay? In other words, the webbing can be taken off with tools but not in a pinch.

Yea thats the idea, if it needs a tool to come off its considered "permanent".

djleisure
12-03-2009, 9:13 AM
Yes, that will be fine. You should contact Solar Tactical (http://www.solartactical.com/category.sc?categoryId=19) and see if one of his HK-style slip-on grips will work for yours...

ETA: looks like this one will work just fine... (http://www.solartactical.com/product.sc?productId=56&categoryId=19)

till44
12-03-2009, 9:14 AM
You'll also need to lose the vertical foregrip.

Dirtbiker
12-03-2009, 9:15 AM
You can buy a Kydex grip wrap from Solar Tactical right now.

You will also have to remove the flash hider and fix the stock so it can't fold. Plus no forward grips either.

SixPointEight
12-03-2009, 9:18 AM
You can buy a Kydex grip grap from Solar Tactical right now.

You will also have to remove the flash hider and fix the stock so it can't fold. Plus no forward grips either.

He mentioned the stock is already fixed.

But yea flash hider and vertical grip have to go, unless the magazine can be fixed al-la bullet button etc

tomd1584
12-03-2009, 9:21 AM
definately contact Solar Taactical...you can get something like this made:

http://solartactical.com/images/DSC01155.jpg

darkest2000
12-03-2009, 9:29 AM
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this yet? A simple raddlock is ALL you need to be CA legal. It basically makes it so you can only release the magazine using a "key". They make one for the SL8/G36. No modification to the receiver whatsoever.

With this set up you'll be able to retain your pistol grip, flash hider, forward pistol grip, folding stock and whatever else evil stuff you have. The bayonet lug and threaded barrel were NEVER part of the CA AW ban so you can have that as well.

The only thing you can't do with this mod is to use any magazines over 10rds.

Hepcat85
12-03-2009, 10:08 AM
You can buy a Kydex grip wrap from Solar Tactical right now.

Already done, read initial post.

Hepcat85
12-03-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this yet? A simple raddlock is ALL you need to be CA legal. It basically makes it so you can only release the magazine using a "key". They make one for the SL8/G36. No modification to the receiver whatsoever.

With this set up you'll be able to retain your pistol grip, flash hider, forward pistol grip, folding stock and whatever else evil stuff you have. The bayonet lug and threaded barrel were NEVER part of the CA AW ban so you can have that as well.

The only thing you can't do with this mod is to use any magazines over 10rds.

Can't do the raddlock. This is a Top Notch kit that uses AR magazines. The mag release is no longer a paddle but a toggle on the side. As far as the other features, they're already covered because I'm in NJ.

darkest2000
12-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Can't do the raddlock. This is a Top Notch kit that uses AR magazines. The mag release is no longer a paddle but a toggle on the side. As far as the other features, they're already covered because I'm in NJ.

Oh I see. For some reason I kept thinking you used a HDPS stock block.

Pricy but is the way to go if you want to retain most of the features found on the original G36.

Good luck with it, whatever you end up doing. I've got a G36 clone myself and it's one of the coolest things in my collection.

SJgunguy24
12-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Greetings!

I dropped this note to Monsterman and he kindly suggested I ask for some feedback here. So here it goes:

I'm going to be moving to CA in the coming year and would love to not have to sell my beloved G36 clone. I'm in NJ and the rifle is NJ legal which means

1) fixed non-folding stock
2) faux G3 non-functional/non-flash hiding muzzle device.
3) no bayonet lug.

So with that I figure if I'm using 10 round magazines and if I were able to somehow modify the grip by bolting on a ridged plastic spacer (like the Monsterman grip) that it would be CA legal. What do you chaps think? I'm not looking to compete nor sell this item, just want to be able to take my G36 with me. :)

Take a look:

Thanks

HC

This up here^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ means I hate you:p

Fate
12-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Unfortunately you cannot import any magazines that hold over 10 rounds when you come. You can break down any large capacity magazines into parts for use outside of the state, or you can modify them and create 10 round mags from the parts.

MasterYong
12-03-2009, 10:57 AM

uh, NO.

He needs to lose the VFG too (the fore grip). If he keeps that and has detachable mags he's got an AW even if he gets a grip wrap for the pistol grip.

Please be absolutely certain on CG that if you answer someone's "is this legal?" question that you know the answer for SURE. You could get someone in trouble. At least say "I think this is correct, but don't base your decision on my input, etc"

Solidsnake87
12-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Like others have said, definitely remove the forward grip.

You stated above that the flash hider is "faux G3 non-functional/non-flash hiding muzzle device." It might be non-functional but the state has no legal definition of a flash hider and it could easily be misconstrued for one anyway so it might be a good idea to remove it or cover it up with a fake silencer can.

WeekendWarrior
12-03-2009, 11:33 AM
WWRTW

Hepcat85
12-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Unfortunately you cannot import any magazines that hold over 10 rounds when you come. You can break down any large capacity magazines into parts for use outside of the state, or you can modify them and create 10 round mags from the parts.

Thanks.

That brings up another question - how do most CA folks modify hi-caps to take only 10 rounds? Blocker? Screws?

Hepcat85
12-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Like others have said, definitely remove the forward grip.

You stated above that the flash hider is "faux G3 non-functional/non-flash hiding muzzle device." It might be non-functional but the state has no legal definition of a flash hider and it could easily be misconstrued for one anyway so it might be a good idea to remove it or cover it up with a fake silencer can.

It's not a flash hider or even a muzzle break. It has NO ports of any kind. It has no effect on flash or barrel rise.

WeekendWarrior
12-03-2009, 12:08 PM
WWRTW

drummerdude1188
12-03-2009, 1:17 PM
yea yea I forgot the VFG, oops, get off my ***

MasterYong
12-03-2009, 1:22 PM
yea yea I forgot the VFG, oops, get off my ***

No can do- and there's no reason to get snippy. You gave advice that could have landed someone in jail (the dangerous kind of FUD). You specifically stated that "no other mods" were necessary. You were politely corrected. Let's move on.

Exposed
12-03-2009, 1:38 PM
I vote for a fixed mag (bullet button, or raddlock) and converting your 30 round mags to 10 round mags with a simple rivet on the spine before you leave NJ. This way, you can keep your forward grip and even install a real flash hider. Besides, MMG grips and any other kind of webbing style grip just looks ugly to me.

hkdad
12-03-2009, 2:53 PM
i suggest moving to another free state = problem solved! :D with all the BS laws here, makes me think twice staying...:rolleyes:

vf111
12-03-2009, 2:56 PM
Take a look:

Thanks

HC

Only thing this sucker needs to be over the top on the Cool Meter is the dual optics....

holasrmateo
12-03-2009, 3:08 PM
How the hell is this legal in New Jersey? Granted Oakland sucks but you guys have Camden and last I checked Oakland/California < Camden/New Jersey.

Hepcat85
12-04-2009, 6:19 AM
I vote for a fixed mag (bullet button, or raddlock) and converting your 30 round mags to 10 round mags with a simple rivet on the spine before you leave NJ. This way, you can keep your forward grip and even install a real flash hider. Besides, MMG grips and any other kind of webbing style grip just looks ugly to me.

I can't do the bullet button because the the AR15 Lower made by Top Notch didn't utilize a factory AR15 mag release. It's a toggle in the same position.
Frankly, I'd have no issue with the kydex webbing because it would allow me to return it to "normal" when I went out of state.

Hepcat85
12-04-2009, 6:24 AM
How the hell is this legal in New Jersey? Granted Oakland sucks but you guys have Camden and last I checked Oakland/California < Camden/New Jersey.

It's legal.

http://www.state.nj.us/lps/dcj/agguide/assltf.htm

An assault weapon is:

A. semi-automatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of the following:

1. a folding or telescoping stock;
2. a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
3. a bayonet mount;
4. a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and
5. a grenade launcher;

My G36 clone only has a detachable mag and pistol grip, NJ legal.

Group B
12-04-2009, 6:57 AM
Only thing this sucker needs to be over the top on the Cool Meter is the dual optics....

With that docter on top, it looks like he has his own version of the dual optics...although I agree, the factory HK dual optics would make it beyond cool.

Welcome to Calguns!

Hepcat85
12-04-2009, 8:03 AM

I opted out of the factory dual optics because of the bulkiness, limited FOV and flaky batteries. There's a reason why seeing an EoTech or other red dot in its place isn't uncommon.
http://i45.tinypic.com/28lc1fs.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/111121h.jpg

I opted to design a mount and have it CNCed to my specs for a DoctorSight. Very low-profile and functional.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/hepcat85/G36/DSC01257.jpg

But I can always pop off the factory optics for my Doc Rack rail:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/hepcat85/G36/G36_March2009006_Railprofilelongfor.jpg

...and slip on the carbine forward for accessories:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/hepcat85/G36/G36_March2009009_RailprofileCforwar.jpg

Hepcat85
12-04-2009, 8:06 AM
With that docter on top, it looks like he has his own version of the dual optics...although I agree, the factory HK dual optics would make it beyond cool.

Welcome to Calguns!

Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate all of the great feedback, you guys are the best and I look forward to being stuck with you behind enemy lines, lol.

As to the dual optics, see my previous. I wanted streamlined and lowprofile rather than bulk.

Thanks again!

bondmid003
12-04-2009, 12:10 PM
I second the raddlock, radd a user on here has all the links in his signature

bondmid003
12-04-2009, 12:13 PM

I don't think that's true at all, if you own the high cap mags prior to entering CA I thought you could bring them with you

shark92651
12-04-2009, 12:22 PM
I don't think that's true at all, if you own the high cap mags prior to entering CA I thought you could bring them with you

Nope. The law specifically states that importing high caps is illegal - there is no grandfather provision for people moving into the state.

bondmid003
12-04-2009, 12:48 PM
I thought importing high caps only applies to mags purchased via mail order from another state. I moved here with all my household goods, I didn't "import" anything

MasterYong
12-04-2009, 12:55 PM
I thought importing high caps only applies to mags purchased via mail order from another state. I moved here with all my household goods, I didn't "import" anything

well I hope none of those household goods were high cap mags. If they were you committed a crime.

To import an item into the state of CA (or anywhere) is to somehow get that item into CA. End of story. If it was mailed to you it was imported. If you brought it with you it was imported. If you threw it over the border, then picked it up on the other side, you imported it.

shark92651
12-04-2009, 12:58 PM

You cannot trump state law of your new residence just because something was legal in your prior state of residence. If that was the case the OP could just bring his AW in, right?

bondmid003
12-04-2009, 1:01 PM
well I hope none of those household goods were high cap mags. If they were you committed a crime.

To import an item into the state of CA (or anywhere) is to somehow get that item into CA. End of story. If it was mailed to you it was imported. If you brought it with you it was imported. If you threw it over the border, then picked it up on the other side, you imported it.

:laugh: Talk about the broadest definition in history. Oh well, I'm not trying to kill the messenger here

bondmid003
12-04-2009, 1:03 PM
You cannot trump state law of your new residence just because something was legal in your prior state of residence. If that was the case the OP could just bring his AW in, right?

That wasn't what I was saying at all, I thought the rule was you couldn't import them once you resided in KA. I thought it was perfectly fine to bring them with you as long as you purchased them when you lived in another state. I knew this didn't apply to firearms themselves, I thought it was just the case with mags

Cokebottle
12-04-2009, 1:07 PM
A. semi-automatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of the following:

1. a folding or telescoping stock;
2. a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
3. a bayonet mount;
4. a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and
5. a grenade launcher;
Well son of a b.....

We can't have ANY of the "evil features" with a detachable mag.

BTW: No problem with the bayo lug in California. The original Federal ban had wording about a detachable bayo or something to that effect (I guess the fixed/folding bayo on the SKS was legal?), but California's current AW laws don't cover it.
Also, we can have the threaded barrel as long as it is bare or only fitted with a thread protector or muzzle break. An actual flash suppressor would be an evil feature.

MasterYong
12-04-2009, 1:07 PM
:laugh: Talk about the broadest definition in history. Oh well, I'm not trying to kill the messenger here

Well it's true, no matter how broad my statement is (and if you mean it's CAs definition that's broad than no, it's the standard definition of "import"). If you in any way facilitated it's journey into CA then you imported it. 'nuff said.

im·port (im pôrt′, im′pôrt′; for n. im′pôrt′)

transitive verb

---1. to bring in from the outside; introduce
---2. to bring (goods) from another country or countries, esp. for purposes of sale
2. to mean; signify an action that imports trouble
3. Archaic to be of importance to; concern

Cokebottle
12-04-2009, 1:13 PM
Nope. The law specifically states that importing high caps is illegal - there is no grandfather provision for people moving into the state.
The catch there is it does allow for someone who possessed them in the state prior to the ban.
If the OP visited the state in 1998 and had the mags with him, they would be legal today.

It really is a stupid and barely enforceable law. It would be easy to nail someone for having high-cap XD or XDm mags because those guns didn't exist pre-ban (do the original HS2000 mags fit the 9mmXD?)... but even then, with the statute of limitations being 3 years, it would be impossible to prosecute without email or sales documentation proving that the mags were imported or assembled within the last 3 years.

All the law does is keep honest people honest... it's not going to stop a dishonest person from assembling a high-cap, because he knows he can't be prosecuted without a paper trail.

Cokebottle
12-04-2009, 1:24 PM
That wasn't what I was saying at all, I thought the rule was you couldn't import them once you resided in KA. I thought it was perfectly fine to bring them with you as long as you purchased them when you lived in another state. I knew this didn't apply to firearms themselves, I thought it was just the case with mags
Nope. You can bring them in or purchase them by mail broken down as "parts kits", but assembling the parts kits here would constitute "manufacture".

The law prohibits importation, manufacture, and offering for sale or lend.
The law does not apply ONLY to CA residents... it applies to what becomes a crime when the border is crossed.

You can drive to Nevada, buy high-caps, break them down into parts kits, and legally bring those home as long as they remain unassembled until you leave the state again.
You can also use them to remanufacture existing mags that you had prior to the ban. This remanufacturing process can include replacement of all parts... you just can't end up with any more assembled mags than you began with.

That's where the law gets stupid... the wording is very nebulous.
They were attempting to allow for continued ownership of mags that you had prior to the ban, but they did not specify residence or continuity... they simply said "possessed within California".
If you lived in CA in 1985 and left the state, you can bring all of your high-caps back with you legally.
If you lived out of state, but came into California for hunting or a competition (or any other reason) and brought your mags with you, you can now legally bring them back in with you.

Like I said... it's pretty much unenforceable. The only way it could be successfully prosecuted would be if the owner blabs and admits to having imported or assembled them within the last 3 years, or if the CHP follows them into CA from a Vegas or Reno gun show and finds them assembled with receipts.
Finding them assembled without receipts, the person could claim that they took them with them to the show to sell and they didn't succeed.

bondmid003
12-04-2009, 2:08 PM
Nope. You can bring them in or purchase them by mail broken down as "parts kits", but assembling the parts kits here would constitute "manufacture".

The law prohibits importation, manufacture, and offering for sale or lend.
The law does not apply ONLY to CA residents... it applies to what becomes a crime when the border is crossed.

You can drive to Nevada, buy high-caps, break them down into parts kits, and legally bring those home as long as they remain unassembled until you leave the state again.
You can also use them to remanufacture existing mags that you had prior to the ban. This remanufacturing process can include replacement of all parts... you just can't end up with any more assembled mags than you began with.

That's where the law gets stupid... the wording is very nebulous.
They were attempting to allow for continued ownership of mags that you had prior to the ban, but they did not specify residence or continuity... they simply said "possessed within California".
If you lived in CA in 1985 and left the state, you can bring all of your high-caps back with you legally.
If you lived out of state, but came into California for hunting or a competition (or any other reason) and brought your mags with you, you can now legally bring them back in with you.

Like I said... it's pretty much unenforceable. The only way it could be successfully prosecuted would be if the owner blabs and admits to having imported or assembled them within the last 3 years, or if the CHP follows them into CA from a Vegas or Reno gun show and finds them assembled with receipts.
Finding them assembled without receipts, the person could claim that they took them with them to the show to sell and they didn't succeed.

Thank you John Madden, this has already been established per my talking with Master Yong

Notice I used the word "thought" as in the past tense

stix213
12-04-2009, 2:10 PM
I vote going fixed mag. There is more than one way to disable a mag release without purchasing specifically a Rad Lock

Cokebottle
12-04-2009, 2:14 PM
Thank you John Madden, this has already been established per my talking with Master Yong

Notice I used the word "thought" as in the past tense
No reason to be a dick about it when someone is trying to be helpful.

Your responses to Master Yong didn't seem to indicate that you agreed.

bondmid003
12-04-2009, 2:18 PM
No reason to be a dick about it when someone is trying to be helpful.

Your responses to Master Yong didn't seem to indicate that you agreed.

Sorry I thought you were being condescending. There is alot of that on this board. I was actually completely in the dark about this before this thread. Now that thats done with I also vote he goes fixed mag that way he can keep the VFG

Meanwhile I'll be digging a hole in my backyard

Hepcat85
12-07-2009, 6:41 AM
Well son of a b.....

We can't have ANY of the "evil features" with a detachable mag.

BTW: No problem with the bayo lug in California. The original Federal ban had wording about a detachable bayo or something to that effect (I guess the fixed/folding bayo on the SKS was legal?), but California's current AW laws don't cover it.
Also, we can have the threaded barrel as long as it is bare or only fitted with a thread protector or muzzle break. An actual flash suppressor would be an evil feature.

Basically we get to have a pistol grip and detachable mag. You'll never see a telescoping or folding stock or flash hider. I'm not complaining! Considering the restrictions CA members have to endure.

Hepcat85
12-07-2009, 6:42 AM
Yes, that will be fine. You should contact Solar Tactical (http://www.solartactical.com/category.sc?categoryId=19) and see if one of his HK-style slip-on grips will work for yours...

ETA: looks like this one will work just fine... (http://www.solartactical.com/product.sc?productId=56&categoryId=19)

Follow-up question about the kydex attachment to the grip. Do any members follow that course for their ARs? I mean, better to go that route than go the Monsterman route, right?

Cokebottle
12-07-2009, 8:24 AM
Follow-up question about the kydex attachment to the grip. Do any members follow that course for their ARs? I mean, better to go that route than go the Monsterman route, right?
The Kydex wrap is being used on both the AR and AK platforms.
It does maintain the original grip angle of the stock grip, though I think this is something that's more of an issue for someone with experience with the particular weapon.
For someone who has always owned sporting rifles, the grip angle of the MMG more closely approximates the standard Monte Carlo stock.

WeekendWarrior
12-07-2009, 12:26 PM
WWRTW

MasterYong
12-08-2009, 5:57 AM
Maybe I am reading this wrong, but if you had a maglock on there or no pistol grip, it would be okay in NJ to have a grenade launcher mounted on it?!?!?!!? hahahaha

There's another PC that disallows the GL because it's a destructive device- I just don't remember what it is...

Hepcat85
12-28-2009, 4:45 PM
The Kydex wrap is being used on both the AR and AK platforms.
It does maintain the original grip angle of the stock grip, though I think this is something that's more of an issue for someone with experience with the particular weapon.
For someone who has always owned sporting rifles, the grip angle of the MMG more closely approximates the standard Monte Carlo stock.

Considering my NJ legal ARs have no telescoping stocks or flash hiders if I slip on a kydex grip adapter from Solar Tactical and use 10 round magazines I don't need a bullet button and should be good to go. Is that correct?

818gtiguy
12-28-2009, 5:07 PM
Considering my NJ legal ARs have no telescoping stocks or flash hiders if I slip on a kydex grip adapter from Solar Tactical and use 10 round magazines I don't need a bullet button and should be good to go. Is that correct?

Yes, correct..

Hepcat85
12-28-2009, 7:01 PM
Yes, correct..

Thanks!

I think I'd rather go this route rather than the Monsterman configuration just to get 30 rounders. I'll just get more 10 round magazines and drill my mag changes til I can do it in my sleep.

The Men The Mission & Me
12-29-2009, 11:16 PM
gotta have the bullet button - slap on the threaded barrel and bayonet lug.

Lateralus
12-30-2009, 2:18 AM
gotta have the bullet button - slap on the threaded barrel and bayonet lug.

Uh, neither of those are banned in CA as "Evil Features". No need for a bullet button in order to have those two.

OP: For me, the Solar Tac/MMG route is nice for the ease factor, but are you moving here permanently or temporarily? Do you value ergonomics or function? For me, I would rather use a rifle that retains the ergonomics of a Pistol Grip and have to *gasp* tap a bullet in that sucker to release the mag than to hold the rifle in an awkward grip every time I pull the trigger, which if you fully load your mags comes out to a 10:1 ratio of time spent being inconvenienced. I know there are many on these boards that dont agree with my logic, but you might want to look into a RaddLock for your ARs. It takes 3 seconds to change from NJ compliance to CA compliance, and you dont need to keep a grip lying around where it could get lost; The AR Raddlock stays with your rifle.

For the uber-hawt G36, I would go SolarTac. I know you said it is a clone, but just check the list again to make sure it isn't named in the RR list.

And for gods sake man, STOP POSTING PICTURES! I can barely see my keyboard over my massive er*ct*on.....

And welcome to Calguns. Sorry this thread had a few p*ssing matches in it. Sometimes we can be very opinionated.

WeekendWarrior
12-30-2009, 7:30 AM
Did Mike over at Solar Tactical get you hooked up with a Kydex "Featureless" grip yet?

Hepcat85
01-05-2010, 7:01 PM
Did Mike over at Solar Tactical get you hooked up with a Kydex "Featureless" grip yet?

I didn't buy one yet because I'm actually considering selling the rifle and accessories. Any takers?

Hepcat85
01-07-2010, 9:24 AM
I didn't buy one yet because I'm actually considering selling the rifle and accessories. Any takers?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Fate
01-07-2010, 11:01 AM
As sweet as your rifle is, WTS ads need a posted price and should be located in the For Sale forum. This isn't the place ;)

Hepcat85
01-09-2010, 7:35 AM
As sweet as your rifle is, WTS ads need a posted price and should be located in the For Sale forum. This isn't the place ;)

Roger. Sorry for the mis-post. It was more an attempt at a "toe in the water" since I'm on the fence about selling. If/When I want to sell I'll post it in the proper place. Thanks very much! :)

Kurt

Rob454
01-09-2010, 8:21 AM
The ONLY problem you are gonna have is the "hi cap" mags. I dont think you can bring them in california ( unless broken down) and once here you cant put them together ( unless you were a california resident before 2000 and owned them before 2000). Actually Im not 100% sure you can even use them.
\IMO best to break them down and get some 10 round mags to use.
Good luck
Rob

McCrown
01-09-2010, 8:41 AM
I didn't see anybody mention this, but your ARs need to have Off List Lowers in KA.

cj cake
01-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Wouldn't it be a good idea to also do this?

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp156/cj_cake/red.jpg

I believe you should to have covered all "thumb holes". Even though its hard to put your thumb though there and still shoot.

Well, at least this.

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp156/cj_cake/red-1.jpg

stuntdummy
01-09-2010, 11:24 AM
If that is a good idea, then this configuration must be better.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w85/i_am_bud/redweb.jpg

Exposed
01-09-2010, 11:30 AM
If that is a good idea, then this configuration must be better.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w85/i_am_bud/redweb.jpg

:rofl2:

cj cake
01-09-2010, 11:39 AM
[QUOTE=stuntdummy;3614083]If that is a good idea, then this configuration must be better.

Use the flowchart! The stock is considered an evil feature because it meets the difinition of a thumbhole stock!

"thumbhole stock" means a stock with a hole that allows the thumb of the
trigger hand to penetrate into or through the stock while firing.

Although it is a long way away and not practical, it can be done.

Hepcat85
01-09-2010, 4:48 PM
The ONLY problem you are gonna have is the "hi cap" mags. I dont think you can bring them in california ( unless broken down) and once here you cant put them together ( unless you were a california resident before 2000 and owned them before 2000). Actually Im not 100% sure you can even use them.
\IMO best to break them down and get some 10 round mags to use.
Good luck
Rob

Thanks for the tip, Rob. I'm already on that train. ;)

Hepcat85
01-15-2010, 8:14 AM
[QUOTE=stuntdummy;3614083]If that is a good idea, then this configuration must be better.

Although it is a long way away and not practical, it can be done.

Not really. And I don't have small hands either.

But I guess you could do it if you're JAWS (bond villain, not the shark) or ANDRE the GIANT (RIP).

Hepcat85
04-01-2010, 11:53 AM
I finally ordered my Solar Tactical adapter for the G36 to make it CA legal.

I'll post pics when I get it.

HC

Hepcat85
08-16-2010, 8:37 PM
Here you go!

With the Solar Tactical grip addition and a 10 round modded PMAG w/ ranger plate.

Cal legal!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/hepcat85/G36/G36_11.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/hepcat85/G36/G36_10.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/hepcat85/G36/G36_08.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/hepcat85/G36/G36_06.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/hepcat85/G36/G36_09.jpg

Hepcat85
09-10-2010, 1:02 PM
Due to impending house purchase, this is for sale on gunbroker.

Good_Knight
12-08-2010, 11:34 PM
Very nice! Where can I find the TN kit?