View Full Version : Moving to California

12-03-2009, 12:29 AM
My son is moving to California for another state and he has a Glock 17 that came with hi cap mags. Can he bring his pistol and mags with him and be ok? Does he have to register it in California? Thanks in advance.

12-03-2009, 1:07 AM
Can't bring the mags unless they are disassembled, or he possessed them in CA prior to Jan 1,2000, or he is a LEO. Has to register the gun.

12-03-2009, 2:17 AM
Registration is a simple form, $19 and he's done. Has to be done within his first 30 days here, so he's got a couple of weeks to settle in after the move.
The mags are the main issue... 10 round max, so as PH said, they need to be taken apart before being imported and can never be assembled here... save them for trips to Nevada or AZ, reassemble there, then break down again before heading home.
If he can get some good pricing on 10rd mags where he's at, then I'd pick up a few before he leaves. CDNN usually has some good prices, and I think they're running free shipping this weekend.

12-05-2009, 12:01 AM
Thank you both for the information/ feedback. BRO