PDA

View Full Version : Should my AK scope/rail be this far back? PICS

Henry Hill
12-02-2009, 6:32 PM
I think my saiga stock is just too long, Pic:

SJgunguy24
12-02-2009, 6:43 PM
It doesn't matter how far back as long as it's comfortable for you. Do you get a good cheek weld and have proper eye relief with recoil?

thefinger
12-02-2009, 6:46 PM
what do you mean "the rail isn't fully on the rail mount"?

It looks like you bent the mount by tightening too much, which sucks. But that shouldn't mess up anything I guess (except resale value).

If thats where the scope needs to be for you to get a good sight picture, then thats where it needs to be. If you want a scope mounted further forward, then get a scope with longer eye relief. Otherwise just run it as-is and have fun!

Henry Hill
12-02-2009, 6:50 PM
It doesn't matter how far back as long as it's comfortable for you. Do you get a good cheek weld and have proper eye relief with recoil?

At that distance I can use the scope perfectly although I have to push my head in a tiny bit more... I might move it back another few cm's.. I just dont want to damage the rail any more since it looks like its already bent out of shape :eek: I havn't shot it yet so I'm worried if it will stay put since its not completely on the AK rail mount

SJgunguy24
12-02-2009, 7:08 PM
Call me, i'll take a look at it. I plan to go for a ride tomarrow.
The rail only needs to be snug so it won't move not death grip tight. You can get the quick release at Airsoft Extreme in Santa Clara. It's the same UTG you have there but there's a latch on the middle screw.

thedrickel
12-02-2009, 7:18 PM
No, your mount needs to slide all the way forward.

Crazed_SS
12-02-2009, 7:37 PM
No, your mount needs to slide all the way forward.

Agreed.

OP is doing it wrong.

The mount isnt installed correctly. It needs to be slid forward and then clamped down.

Henry Hill
12-02-2009, 7:41 PM
Agreed.

OP is doing it wrong.

The mount isnt installed correctly. It needs to be slid forward and then clamped down.

Do you think it will become loose when being fired/lose zero? If i move the rail forward I can not see through the scope ( can only see a tunneled view or a 'pin hole' view )

SJgunguy24
12-02-2009, 8:01 PM
When you convert the rifle that will be a nonissue. You'll lose a couple inches on the stock.

ar15barrels
12-02-2009, 10:10 PM
You bent the crap out of that mount.
Good thing it's only an AK...

StraightArch
12-02-2009, 10:14 PM

hehe. I was thinking the same thing. What if someone did that to one of our AR's! :eek:

9mmepiphany
12-02-2009, 10:15 PM

sort of like a "bigger hammer" cure ;)

i think the easiest cure might be a longer eye relief scope

ar15barrels
12-02-2009, 10:19 PM
hehe. I was thinking the same thing. What if someone did that to one of our AR's! :eek:

I have never seen an AR scope mount where you COULD bend it like that by overtightening.
You usually just strip out the screws.
He has the mount hanging too far back so there's no rail inside it.
THEN he over tightenied the screws.

The scope does not have enough eye relief.
Solution is to cut 2" off the stock or add 2" to the shooters neck, then move the scope mount forward where it belongs.

wait_one
12-02-2009, 10:22 PM

Hey at least it's secure. ;)

StraightArch
12-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Solution is to cut 2" off the stock or add 2" to the shooters neck, then move the scope mount forward where it belongs.

Probably be smarter to get a new scope (as far as retail is concerned). Or one could get neck implants :D

ar15barrels
12-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Probably be smarter to get a new scope (as far as retail is concerned). Or one could get neck implants :D

Now that depends on what he can get the neck implants for.
He might have a plastic surgeon friend that will hook him up...

Henry Hill
12-02-2009, 11:13 PM
fuuuuuuuu i need to take it to the range and see if it stays put

Jpach
12-02-2009, 11:45 PM
Whaaaa?

ar15barrels
12-02-2009, 11:50 PM
Whaaaa?

This is so typical...
User posts a question with pictures, but has not tried it at the range yet.
People give advice the user does not want to hear.
User says FU.

Why don't these guys just go to the range and try things rather than just posting pictures on the internet?

thedrickel
12-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Neck implants cost 30k. Roughly ;)

The mount will probly be fine if he installs it properly. So the metal bent a little bit . . . big deal . . . it will bend back just fine when he loosens the screws and hammers the stupid mount home. I think he's saying fuuuuuuuu*k and not "FU".

Convert it to a regular stock and trigger guard. That will give you the proper eye relief.

jumbopanda
12-03-2009, 12:10 AM
This is so typical...
User says FU.

Why don't these guys just go to the range and try things rather than just posting pictures on the internet?

http://file046b.bebo.com/1/large/2009/03/12/07/9092206a10323811342l.jpg

Oh and the OP epic failed.

IsaacGlass
12-03-2009, 1:03 AM
Also, I think I bent the crap out of the mount by tightening it to much

That's the reason why I suggested you get the quick release version.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=3388576&postcount=17

CSACANNONEER
12-03-2009, 7:23 AM

:43:
I bet it will still work though. The OP took the pics down or I can't see them but, since it's only an AK, it should work fine no matter how F'ed up it is.

Henry Hill
12-03-2009, 7:27 AM
This is so typical...
User says FU.

:rofl2:

I'm pretty sure I told this senile old woman to stop trolling/thread crapping in my topics a few days ago :rofl: