PDA

View Full Version : Optic for a Socom 16

g2jap
12-02-2009, 5:16 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any info on this exact scope: Burris Short Mag 2x7x26 with ballistic plex. I am planning on mounting it on my socom 16 but cant find any info on it. On the 3-9 version it states the eye relief is 3.5 to 5". I was wondering if anyone has any experience with it and if it will hold up to the socom 16.

Or if anyone has any other suggestions on what a good variable power scope in either 1x4 or 2x7 would be let me know im open to all ideas. Im just avoiding fixed power scopes and red dots but feel free to suggest what you want.

masterbush
12-02-2009, 7:40 PM
I believe what you're going to want is a scout scope. Unless you have a receiver scope mount which in that case options are endless. Use the search function there's like thirty threads on the same topic.

g2jap
12-02-2009, 10:16 PM
I did use the search function but came up empty on the Burris Scope. The reason why I ask is because I can get this scope for a good price but I dont know anything about it.

Also does anyone know what the eye relief would be if I used this mount backwards:

http://www.riflegear.com/p-434-american-defense-recon-x-scope-mount-ad-recon-x.aspx

If I use this mount would I be able to use a accupoint or millet dms 1x4? Would the brass hit the scope if it was mounted over the ejector port?

chsk9
12-03-2009, 7:23 AM
Millet DMS-1

MasterYong
12-03-2009, 8:01 AM
Leupold FXII 2.5x

I have one on my Scout and it's AWESOME.

If you have a scout rail then this one, or the burris scout will be real good. The Leupold was actually made for M1A scout setups.

aplinker
12-03-2009, 6:42 PM
Scope mounting on M1As is ridiculously poor, to the extreme.

You can't do it without upsetting the stock cheek weld (need cheek riser).

Using the ADM or LaRue mounts is a common technique for getting correct relief, but it's expensive!

I would not use a variable mag scope as a scout scope. You'll also want to try and see if you're capable of using a scout scope - they take getting accustomed to.

MasterYong
12-04-2009, 6:11 AM
You don't necessarily need a cheek pad to mount a scope on an M1A Scout. Using Leupold's FXII 2.5x scout scope with low rings I don't need a cheek piece at all.

socomIInato
12-04-2009, 10:53 AM
:lurk5: