PDA

View Full Version : Johnson 1941 Anyone?

run8
12-02-2009, 5:45 PM
Okay, lets see your Johnson 1941's, here's one I picked up not long ago.

From all the information I've gathered, it is one of the batch from the Netherlands (Dutch) military, later sent back to Cranston and refurbish for sale to the US civilian market.

Haven't fired it yet, but will sometime soon, maybe next week ;-)

http://www.railsaroundthebay.net/firearms/IMG_1520.jpg

PonchoTA
12-02-2009, 5:54 PM
You suck. :mad:
I've been lusting after one for a while, just not enough pennies to get one. :(

She's a beaut! I'm really just jealous! :D

run8
12-02-2009, 5:57 PM
Hehe, I've been told that before, lol.

Oh when I was able to afford it, this was first on my list, then the SVT-40 and G43. Now I need to find a AVS36, SVT38 and G41 ;-)

You suck. :mad:
I've been lusting after one for a while, just not enough pennies to get one. :(

She's a beaut! I'm really just jealous! :D

Spyder
12-02-2009, 6:18 PM
I want your entire list! I'd LOVE to have a Johnson and an SVT 40 and 38...not enough funding to keep 'em coming in though. Need to cut my hobbies back!

PonchoTA
12-02-2009, 6:33 PM
Heheh! Actually, the Johnson is the only "old" gun I'm really liking, mainly due to the rotary mag 'cool factor'. :D

Don't really care for most other old rifles, :shrug:

My next expensive gun I'm going for is the H&K USP Match like what AJ used in TombRaider.... :drool:

:D

I'll just keep wishing and hoping for a decently priced Johnson, one day. :(

stevie
12-02-2009, 6:36 PM
Here is one:
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f238/Stevie-ca/Picture196.jpg

louscamaro91
12-02-2009, 6:38 PM
Wanna see my Johnson...Rifle that is!

run8
12-02-2009, 6:48 PM
This one looks very original, the bolt is silver.

Lou yours looks good too, is the bolt silver also?

How did you guys come across yours? Have ya'll shot them and how long you had them?

Here is one:

stevie
12-02-2009, 6:55 PM
Got mine on consignment at Turners (yes, Turners) the store everyone hates but me :43:

The manager of the store called that the seller wanted to talk to me. The seller purhased the rifle 20 plus years ago and never fired it.

He had a bayonet which I purchased. Then he pulled out a Underwood M1 carbine which I also purchased. :rolleyes:

I still have not fired it, I have had it for a couple of years.

louscamaro91
12-02-2009, 7:05 PM
I got mine from my friend a little while back who got it from his dad which his dad got back in the 60's! :) It's a "B" Suffix all matching with the original Sling and Bayo. I think the bolt handle is not silver but the bolt is... not too sure I don't pull here out much it's my deep dark secret rifle!

Rogerbutthead
12-02-2009, 7:24 PM
Here is my Johnson, not original, semiauto receiver with some real parts - bipod I believe is of recent manufacture.

Never fired it as I am afraid if it breaks, I would be SOL trying to get it fixed.

run8
12-02-2009, 7:29 PM
Roger - drool, now I want one of those, lol.

Lou - think mine is a "B" suffix also, you mention about not taking out because it's your deep dark secret rifle. Reminds me of the Jerky Boys crank call where they are trying to sell Civil War memorbilia and they got this collector on the phone drooling at the mouth over a canon, then Sol talks about a foot and says his brother brings it out when he's drunk, lol.

Just kinda thought of that crank call when you mentioned that.

Stevie, good catch on both, these darn things are expensive as all get out if you want a nice one that hasn't gone thru the Miltech experience.

The bayonet, is it original or reproduction? I seen an original at the Cow Palace gun show a few months ago, guy wanted four hundred.

grossekatz
12-02-2009, 7:45 PM
I hate you all! I would give up my Svt and g43 for a Johnson

louscamaro91
12-02-2009, 7:52 PM
You will need to give up more than that. They are going for $4000 for a kind of beater and $6500 for a kind of nice one. I would love to have a G43 thou but could never see my Johnson leaving. Anyone got a G43 for sale??

run8
12-02-2009, 8:23 PM
Gunbroker.com, they show up from time to time, that's how I got mine from a small gun shop in Pennyslvania.

You will need to give up more than that. They are going for $4000 for a kind of beater and $6500 for a kind of nice one. I would love to have a G43 thou but could never see my Johnson leaving. Anyone got a G43 for sale??

louscamaro91
12-02-2009, 8:40 PM
What are shooter G43's selling for? Can one be had for $1500?

Someguy925
12-02-2009, 8:48 PM
Johnson 1941s are a hoot to shoot. I like the internal rotary magazine.

Fate
12-02-2009, 8:55 PM
A good seller over at gunboards is selling a SVT-38 if anyone's serious.

Nice Johnsons (if my Mother ever heard me say that, she'd blush) you guys.

run8
12-02-2009, 9:03 PM
I'd say it would be in rough shape, unless you get someone that really doesn't know what he/she has and has a buynow option on it.

What are shooter G43's selling for? Can one be had for $1500?

KrazyKevy
12-03-2009, 1:52 PM
Nice Johnny Gun Run8!

Heres mine. Picked it up 3 years ago prior to all the older battle rifles going up in price. The stock is not original, just refinished it myself not to long ago. This one is an A series.
http://fototime.com/3BD61F23F323E/orig.jpg

mls343
12-03-2009, 5:20 PM
All you guys suck! :D

I had a chance to pick up an original one about 10 years agao for like $200. I passed thinking it wasn't worth it...

Man, if I could only go back...

Well, at least I'll be getting my CMP M1 Garand pretty soon...

Nice, guys, very nice!

run8
12-03-2009, 6:42 PM
KrazyKevy, very nice man, thanks for sharing.

mls343, I know I hate that feeling too, you could have made bank on that one, kills me when I seen what these were going for when they were being offered in the 50's, something like $50 or 60 bucks, oh man oh man, lol.

Congrats on the future arrival, I'm really stoked about getting involved with the CMP, even though I should watch my $$, I may buy a couple of more just to have them, would like to get a Winchester marked one that would be nice.

All you guys suck! :D

I had a chance to pick up an original one about 10 years agao for like $200. I passed thinking it wasn't worth it...

Man, if I could only go back...

Well, at least I'll be getting my CMP M1 Garand pretty soon...

Nice, guys, very nice!

PonchoTA
12-03-2009, 9:34 PM
KrazyKevy, very nice man, thanks for sharing.

mls343, I know I hate that feeling too, you could have made bank on that one, kills me when I seen what these were going for when they were being offered in the 50's, something like $50 or 60 bucks, oh man oh man, lol.

Congrats on the future arrival, I'm really stoked about getting involved with the CMP, even though I should watch my $$, I may buy a couple of more just to have them, would like to get a Winchester marked one that would be nice.
If you come across a good deal and you decide to pass on one, would you please contact me and give me a chance to join the Johnny club?? :D

I don't need one in perfect shape, but operational would be good. The refinishing work I can do.

Thanks!

:cheers2:
Cheers,
Paul

KrazyKevy
12-03-2009, 10:38 PM
Something you don't see everyday.

Garand/Johnson hybrid
http://fototime.com/547C57F2790D522/orig.jpg

Dr.Mauser
12-04-2009, 12:04 AM
Just saw one on good old GB...$6,500 :D

mls343
12-04-2009, 9:59 AM
Thanks, run8 (sniff) I think I'm over it now. :laugh:

I'll post some pics once I get my new Garands shipped directly to my door!

Cheers!

Chach
12-07-2009, 3:11 PM
There's a nice looking one on Gunbroker in the 4k range right now. No funds available here at all right now, would love to have a Johnson of my own.

Neisman
01-05-2010, 5:02 PM
The Johnny club. I never heard that before. ;-)
I have one that I searched for for 10 years before finding one in a condition that suited me.
I am now retired and due to the economy, some things must go.
"Johnny" is looking for a good home. It is in excellent condition and all original.
It has a low serial number and was part of the Dutch order that was bought by the Marines.
Check it out. If nothing else, it is pretty to look at. Give it a little time to load, there are 32 pictures.

http://www.karlsattic.com/41_Johnson/index.html

Regards to all, Karl

If you come across a good deal and you decide to pass on one, would you please contact me and give me a chance to join the Johnny club?? :D

I don't need one in perfect shape, but operational would be good. The refinishing work I can do.

Thanks!

:cheers2:
Cheers,
Paul

Argonaut
01-05-2010, 5:33 PM
I have one that I bought in about 1969 at a combination barber/gun shop in Spokane. It was 89.00 and he through in the sales tax because my dad had his hair cut there. It has been in my folks closet since I went in the USAF in 1972. It looks unfired. At the time I bought it, it was considered just a strange semi rifle that was not as good as a Grand.

0321jarhead
01-05-2010, 5:55 PM
I'll trade my wife for one. Shhh..... you did'nt hear me say that. I just wrote that. Damn!! Bartender........

Dr. Peter Venkman
01-06-2010, 3:17 AM
Someday I will have one. Any Calgunner selling one want to work out a 20 year loan agreement? I'll give it a good home!

thefifthspeed
01-06-2010, 4:36 AM
I picked this B series up last year for $4500 in Reno. The finnish and parts look to be original but who know since the prefix Johnsons don't have any info. The pictures doesn't do it justice as this thing looks almost new.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/thefifthspeed/002-6.jpg