PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Own A CZ-750

run8
12-02-2009, 5:40 PM
I bought my CZ-750 about six months ago, love it, need to work on getting the scope dialed in a bit more, but it's quite comfortable to shoot and well built.

Curious if anyone owns one and what type of groups they are getting and what distances and what type of scope?

This one is topped off with a Ziess Conquest 4.5-14x44 with a mildot reticle.

http://www.railsaroundthebay.net/firearms/IMG_1521.jpg

wksun88
12-02-2009, 10:45 PM
if you don't mind me asking....
how much dinero did you drop for that baby?
:)

run8
12-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Rifle was 1850, scope was 850.

if you don't mind me asking....
how much dinero did you drop for that baby?
:)

MasterYong
12-03-2009, 12:28 PM

Not bad... I'd wanted one for a long time but when I started shopping for them about a year ago everyone wanted close to $3k!!! I think MSRP is a little over $1500 IIRC so you got a decent deal considering these things' availability can really suck...

Let us know how you like her after you've shot her some more!

run8
12-03-2009, 1:00 PM
Roger that, I got mine off Gunbroker thru a FFL in Utah, had it shipped to my FFL I use. Let me know if and when your interested in getting one, I can forward the name of the dealer to you, when I had purchased mine they had three in stock. I like to purchase in CA and support our local FFL's as much as possible, but for something like this big ticket item, it helps to shop around and also you avoid the wait for your local dealer ordering one. I don't now what the prices will be like now, but I did certainly save some change, also got the scope for it from them too.

At any rate will give further reports when I get more dialed in and also can reach out to a distance greater than 100yds.

Not bad... I'd wanted one for a long time but when I started shopping for them about a year ago everyone wanted close to $3k!!! I think MSRP is a little over $1500 IIRC so you got a decent deal considering these things' availability can really suck...

Let us know how you like her after you've shot her some more!

bcrich
12-03-2009, 3:32 PM
That's a nice rig you got there bro! so what kind of groups are you getting? match ammo or reload? I got my hands on one at turners a few years ago and have to say that set trigger is awesome. Have you tried shooting further than 500yds?.....reason I ask is that my buddy's scope runs out of moa travel right around 500-600yds and is similar to yours. He has a flat base and 1'' tube. is yours 1'' or 30mm? whatever the case...you have a nice rifle

wksun88
12-03-2009, 3:55 PM

:eek:
I wish I had that kind of money ;)

run8
12-03-2009, 4:27 PM
Thanks man, haven't reached out yet past 100yds, still getting used to it.

I was using some Federal, some ATI and some British surplus.

Don't remember what the groups were, but I'm bound and determine to keep at it until I get dialed in.

The scope is 1" tube.

That's a nice rig you got there bro! so what kind of groups are you getting? match ammo or reload? I got my hands on one at turners a few years ago and have to say that set trigger is awesome. Have you tried shooting further than 500yds?.....reason I ask is that my buddy's scope runs out of moa travel right around 500-600yds and is similar to yours. He has a flat base and 1'' tube. is yours 1'' or 30mm? whatever the case...you have a nice rifle

MasterYong
12-04-2009, 7:02 AM
Thanks man, haven't reached out yet past 100yds, still getting used to it.

I was using some Federal, some ATI and some British surplus.

Don't remember what the groups were, but I'm bound and determine to keep at it until I get dialed in.

The scope is 1" tube.

If you have quality ammo and a measured 100 yard distance it should only take you 2-4 rounds to get zeroed with that scope. Do a search here on CG or on Google for rifle zeroing techniques. For most scopes I've used each click is 1/4 MOA. So you can fire 2 rounds, go downrange and measure how far you were from zero, then go back and make the appropriate adjustments on your scope. One more round, if you did the math right, and you should be zeroed depending on how consistently you can shoot. You may need 1-2 more rounds after that but I typically don't.

If you're a really consistent shot there are 2-shot zero methods that can be found online that are easy.

Either way it shouldn't take more than a few rounds to zero and def not more than one range trip.

Good luck and happy shooting!