PDA

View Full Version : should we educate more out-state dealers?!

jawcn
12-02-2009, 4:11 PM
here is the story, I am looking for a FN Scar, and it is running for $2500 on gunbroker; however, the cheapest I can get is $3000 from a California friendly dealer. everyone else “DO NOT SHIP TO STATE OF CALIFORNIA.”

Treat me like a alien lives on Mars who desperately wants a human weapon or sth… that sucks…

Is it possible we launch a campaign to educate more “out-state” dealers for OLL and California gun law, so they will become more friendly to us?! We can set up website and send flyers to show them… how ez to sell OLL weapon to California, and how big the market will be?! in the long term, we will get better deal and plenty of supplies. :43:

give me some input...guys~~~

THT
12-02-2009, 4:14 PM
I think you'll see more and more vendors open their doors to CA as the firearms industry contracts and businesses get desperate for revenue.

Plisk
12-02-2009, 4:15 PM
When I was shopping for my AK. Hopping around Gunbroker asking if people were willing to ship to California. I got into a few heated conversations with a few. It's just not worth it.

Sometimes people are open-minded enough and have enough common sense and human decency to try. Others are just thick-headed, and stubborn.

I've just stopped trying.

Purple K
12-02-2009, 4:15 PM
Education is the key. Knowledge is power!

jawcn
12-02-2009, 4:19 PM
When I was shopping for my AK. Hopping around Gunbroker asking if people were willing to ship to California. I got into a few heated conversations with a few. It's just not worth it.

Sometimes people are open-minded enough and have enough common sense and human decency to try. Others are just thick-headed, and stubborn.

I've just stopped trying.

we should make our voices much lounder and powerful then... so they will hear and agree...:cool2:

shark92651
12-02-2009, 4:20 PM
Is it possible we launch a campaign to educate more “out-state” dealers for OLL and California gun law, so they will become more friendly to us?! We can set up website and send flyers to show them… how ez to sell OLL weapon to California, and how big the market will be?! in the long term, we will get better deal and plenty of supplies. :43:

give me some input...guys~~~

Thats a great idea! Since this new website would be for educating dealers and other people on gun laws in California we will come up with a domain name that reflects that purpose. Lets see... How about caliguns.net? Now we just need to set up a forum and get lots of people to come and discuss gun laws. Whose with me!?

;) (just point them here)

You still can't make them all come around. Things are getting better and better for us all the time, but sometimes you have to be willing to pay to play.

Peter W Bush
12-02-2009, 4:39 PM
Why dont you use a middleman FFL??

lorax3
12-02-2009, 9:36 PM
Yeah, it does get frustrating sometimes. Some dealers are going halfway or at least half understand the law.

Spikes Tactical in FL recently refused to ship me a complete lower unless it had a BB attached. So I got stuck with paying the extra $20.

Bummer part is that this lower is for a dedicated .22 build so I will not need the bullet button anyway.

Anyone want to trade a BB for a .22 ten round mag? :p

StraightArch
12-02-2009, 9:45 PM
I kinda dread that we even have this issue. Why is it that we can't rally gun-owners to overturn theese laws. And maybe attach it onto something that everyone will pass like LOWERING TAXES or INCREASING SCHOOL FUNDING.

ck867
12-02-2009, 10:10 PM
Yeah, it does get frustrating sometimes. Some dealers are going halfway or at least half understand the law.

Spikes Tactical in FL recently refused to ship me a complete lower unless it had a BB attached. So I got stuck with paying the extra $20.

Bummer part is that this lower is for a dedicated .22 build so I will not need the bullet button anyway.

Anyone want to trade a BB for a .22 ten round mag? :p

that sounds like a CYA issue by the company. Atleast they are willing to still ship them into california where plenty of other places won't no matter what.

lorax3
12-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Atleast they are willing to still ship them into california where plenty of other places won't no matter what.

Yeah, that is why I was mostly okay with it. I figured at least they were doing some business with CA.

Vinnie
12-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Why dont you use a middleman FFL??

can I get a good recommendation for a middleman FFL? I've been thinking the same thing but haven't looked into it. Would be nice if they could also do CA legal conversions, so just about anything could be bought and sent to CA