PDA

View Full Version : Looking for lowest transfer price on an LE AR-15 from MN in Fresno/ Bakersfield area.

RDT72
12-01-2009, 5:11 PM
This transfer would be for a Law Enforcement gun, Total rifle price is about $2K. I will provide a Chief's Letter and handle registration with DOJ. Any advice or information would be appreciated.

Purple K
12-01-2009, 5:14 PM
Ten Percent Firearms is in Taft.

jamesob
12-01-2009, 5:21 PM
it's a a.w i don't think ten percent can help you unless they have an a.w permit. 2nd amendment is a a.w dealer. you will have to go threw a a.w dealer for that kind of transfer if i remember right.

RDT72
12-01-2009, 6:23 PM
is a.w. equivalent to a Level 3? The rifle will have to go through a level 3 FFL (if that makes any sense) due to it being considered an assault rifle in Ca.

ke6guj
12-01-2009, 7:12 PM
is a.w. equivalent to a Level 3? The rifle will have to go through a level 3 FFL (if that makes any sense) due to it being considered an assault rifle in Ca.That doesn't make any sense.

An FFL in CA would need to have an Assault Weapons Permit, not a Class 3 SOT, to transfer an AW to the OP.

jamesob
12-01-2009, 8:06 PM
is a.w. equivalent to a Level 3? The rifle will have to go through a level 3 FFL (if that makes any sense) due to it being considered an assault rifle in Ca.

that doesn't make sense. what town do you work in? between bako and fresno there is only one assault weapon dealer that i know of and thats 2nd amendment.

tenpercentfirearms
12-01-2009, 8:25 PM
I believe Gene at Bear Mountain Sports also has his AW permit. I definitely do not.

RDT72
12-02-2009, 10:23 AM
My most local gun dealer (Liberty Firearms, Reedley Ca.) stated they had just obtained their "Level 3" and could now sell assault rifles. I believe their transfer fee is around 10% of the rifle cost, I would like to pay less than that beings I still need an EOtech sight.

5150bronco
12-03-2009, 6:47 PM
it's a a.w i don't think ten percent can help you unless they have an a.w permit. 2nd amendment is a a.w dealer. you will have to go threw a a.w dealer for that kind of transfer if i remember right.

yes, you are right.

right now I am trying to do something similar for another person and have found a.w. permit dealer in bay area.

lorax3
12-03-2009, 6:59 PM
My most local gun dealer (Liberty Firearms, Reedley Ca.) stated they had just obtained their "Level 3" and could now sell assault rifles..

There are a few things to clear up here. In order to deal in 'assault weapons' an FFL would need a California Assault Weapon Permit to deal in AW's to exempted persons.

A 'class 3' refers to a Class 3 SOT which allows an FFL to deal in NFA firearms. Your dealer may have also been referring to machine guns/SBR's which they sell LE agencies.

A Class 3 SOT is not required to deal in 'Assault Weapons', only an AW permit issued by the CA DOJ.