PDA

View Full Version : My new stag model 2

upinflames2400
12-01-2009, 4:30 PM
I finally got my AR that i ordered months ago. It is a stag model 2. I was just curious if anyone has suggestions on what to add to in the sense of components to make stronger, last longer, shoot more accurately, etc.:cool2:

Vtec44
12-01-2009, 4:33 PM
lots of ammo? :D

aermotor
12-01-2009, 5:38 PM
I've got a 4H, had it 7 months or so, works great, no issues after 1k+ rounds or so... Just get familiar with taking it all apart, what comprises the bolt and keep a few spares. I picked up a field repair kit from Midwest PX a bit ago just in case, but haven't had to use anything yet: http://midwestpx.com/product_info.php?cPath=55&products_id=240

http://midwestpx.com/images/armalitefieldrepairkit1.jpg

upinflames2400
12-01-2009, 6:57 PM
Thanks alot I appreciate the help :)

SIGman Freud
12-01-2009, 7:24 PM
Hi upinflames:

Congratulations on your new purchase. For what it's worth, I've heard nothing bad about Stag Arms, in general, and glowing reports/reviews from owners of the Stag Model 2. So much so, in fact, that I, myself, am very interested in this as my first ever AR. I think you'll be go to go for a while, but like someone else wrote, it's not a bad idea to have a spare kit nearby.

Have fun and be safe! :)

upinflames2400
12-01-2009, 7:58 PM
Yea i agree. I did about 6 months of research about ar15's before i decided going with stag. I read nothing but good things about them and got to try alot of them and talk to there owners at the range. I'm definately excited to take it out the first time this weekend.

SIGman Freud
12-01-2009, 8:49 PM
Pics! Pics!:D

mala in se
12-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Hi upinflames:

Congratulations on your new purchase. For what it's worth, I've heard nothing bad about Stag Arms, in general, and glowing reports/reviews from owners of the Stag Model 2. So much so, in fact, that I, myself, am very interested in this as my first ever AR. I think you'll be go to go for a while, but like someone else wrote, it's not a bad idea to have a spare kit nearby.

Have fun and be safe! :)

i started w/ an 18" build, then a 20" build. i ordered a stag 2t last year, and it has been just as accurate as my 20". i love it so much that i sold the 18".