View Full Version : handstop/grip question. also new magpul product inside

12-01-2009, 2:25 PM
so I was checking out this thread about the KAC handstop and people using ion their AR pistols because it does not count as a VFG.

NOW this was debuted today on another site. interesting concept. Also takes on this being considered a VFG on pistols etc? thought, comments concerns???

12-01-2009, 2:34 PM
interesting.. looks a "little" bulky, but hard to get a total feel for its size. I like the idea, and these guys always produce new and innovative products no doubt. big fan.

It might be more than I would want to put on a pistol, legal issues aside. But a rifle I would try for sure.

Not sure what to say on this on as a potential issue for pistols. My gut feeling, since it holds your entire hand and is a grip, they even call it "angled ForeGrip" I would say it is a potential issue.

NOTE: I went ahead and signed up for the trial run, I think I got into the "first 30".. thanks for the tip, would like to try it on a rifle

12-01-2009, 2:42 PM
yeah I agree. it is definatly "pushing" the limits of a forward grip. I could see how arguements can be made for both sides. either way i hope to be part of the testing group of these and I will post pics and reviews on here as well

12-01-2009, 2:48 PM
Thompson had it right a long time ago...

12-01-2009, 2:54 PM
All I know is I want one for my build.

12-01-2009, 3:02 PM
Per CA law, a foregrip must allow a pistol grip style grasp correct?

12-01-2009, 3:04 PM
Monsterman should sue ;)

12-01-2009, 3:04 PM
so it all comes down to 1 word.. "pistol" grip style? this thing is a "grip" and fits the full hand, but is not a "pistol" style if that is what really matters.

but if that is what really matters, it seems this debate it so easy on these types of devices. clearly on this or on the KNC hand stop, they are not "pistol" grip styles.

Bug Splat
12-01-2009, 3:07 PM
YES! Thats what I want! I don't like a FPG but that product is just want I wanted function wise!

I WANT I WANT I WANT!:willy_nilly:

12-01-2009, 3:11 PM
Looks like another great Magpul product. It has a reasonable price point too. I'm sure they will sell a billion of them.

12-01-2009, 3:29 PM
In too late for the freebie!:mad: I'll stay tuned to their page for more releases though.

12-01-2009, 4:14 PM
Per CA law, a foregrip must allow a pistol grip style grasp correct?

Who cares? It's not CA law we need to worry about here if it's being put on a pistol. It's FEDERAL LAW.