PDA

View Full Version : carbon 15 reliability

calnurse
12-01-2009, 1:05 PM
good afternoon folks! just like to know how reliable is the california ar-15. sorry if this question has been asked already. just want people's input. been thinking of getting a complete build spike's tactical ar-15 for $1100. i know people will say "just buy the parts and build your own" but i don't have the time and, not ashame to admit it, i am a dummy when it comes to power tools. any suggestions will be cool. fight on calgunners!!!:D

WokMaster1
12-01-2009, 1:35 PM
Here's another option for you. Make sure that they install a bullet button on it. They are using the Prince 50 maglock which is on the list to avoid for now.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_763/products_id/55563

The Carbon 15 is reliable, light & a handy carbine. The Cal version is top load only but many of us have opened up the magwell & voided the warranty but WTF, right?:D You can also get the open magwell ones, too.

Having said that, folks here have had theirs blown up so it's up to you.

I love mine which has a 22 bolt & a fun plinker.

calnurse
12-01-2009, 3:11 PM
when you said blown up, do you mean it exploded on them or they got it "tricked" out?

Gp100
12-01-2009, 3:26 PM
Carbon 15=BAD :mad:(for loading and function)I don't know about reliability.
Ca legal Ar15=GOOD;)

supermario
12-01-2009, 4:02 PM
I had one and I was told by Bushmaster that they fixed the problems with their upper cracking. The one i had seemed pretty sturdy and still shoots flawless. I sold it to my friend to buy something else but he still shoots it and says its a great rifle. I was told to check the serial number and there is a certain serial number where they changed the plastic and its supposedly stronger.

crunchy53
12-01-2009, 4:45 PM
wait.. buds is OLL friendly??.... crap and they have a payment plan too... there goes my wallet...

Josh3239
12-01-2009, 5:01 PM
when you said blown up, do you mean it exploded on them or they got it "tricked" out?

I wouldn't worry about it. You can only blow one up after a catastrophic failure or a hot round. As for reliability, it is about as reliable as a Bushmaster goes.

Carbon 15=BAD :mad:(for loading and function)I don't know about reliability.
Ca legal Ar15=GOOD;)

They are the same thing just different material. The carbons have both closed magwell and open magwells.