PDA

View Full Version : Sig Sauer 556 With Troy Battle Rail

louscamaro91
11-30-2009, 10:18 PM
Thought I would post some picture of my Sig 556 with the Troy Battle Rail. This rail is very sturdy and heavy compared to the Sig Brand Swat rail. It gives the Sig a very nice feel! If anyone want to see additional picture let me know I can post more pictures, any Questions

supermario
11-30-2009, 11:24 PM
COOL, thanks alot for that man. I actually been looking at the different rails but wasnt sure what to get. How is the weight of that rail compared to the standard plastic rail it comes with? Also how does it compare to the Samson rail. Thanks and nice Sig. I actually want to make mine look exactly like yours;), except i want a grip pod.

chsk9
11-30-2009, 11:28 PM
Hi-Power looks good with the Sig

louscamaro91
11-30-2009, 11:58 PM
COOL, thanks alot for that man. I actually been looking at the different rails but wasnt sure what to get. How is the weight of that rail compared to the standard plastic rail it comes with? Also how does it compare to the Samson rail. Thanks and nice Sig. I actually want to make mine look exactly like yours;), except i want a grip pod.

I was so disappointed when I got my Sig 556 with the plastic handguards. I felt like I got ripped off and had buyer remorse. Then I started doing research and came across the battle rail from Samson & Troy. I wans't to familiar with Samson and the reviews I read about the Samson we're not the greatest. The Troy products are great! This thing attaches to the rifle like files on Sh&%. Its very tight not in a sense its hard to get on but they built them with very tight tolerances. (YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE YOUR 556 IS A 3 HOLE RECEIVER) If not it won't work for you. The Scope mount should come right off and its held on with 3 allen bolts. Price...Well they aren't cheap, You can get them from gunbroker for around $280-300 Shipped but WELL worth it. Hope this helps

battleship
12-01-2009, 12:39 AM
Sig 556's are front end heavy in there basic form with the fish grill plastic guard, with this new Troy version is this now as heavy as the Swat Sig 556, because the Swat is like holding a hammer at arms length.

It looks better than the fish grill just hope its not to heavy.

I went with the classic Sig 556 over the Swat version as the handguards are very ergonomic and more traditional in design, and the weight difference is a lot less than the Swat.

You can get the classic handguards now with tactical rails built in on the sides and the bottom if your looking for points to attach lights and such.

As always good stuff your showing.