PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good price?

novabrian
11-30-2009, 9:43 PM
http://www.riflegear.com/p-652-territorial-gunsmiths-slr15-complete-lower-kit-with-magpul-accessories.aspx

derwiking
11-30-2009, 10:09 PM
Well, if you consider the stripped lower would run you, what, tops $200, the MOE stock would be $50, and the LPK would be $60-80, plus a grip, bullet button and buffer tube assembly... I would say it's a pretty decent price. You have to deal with the hassle of finding a FFL to receive it, the shipping- but if that hassle isn't a problem to you i'd say it is a good buy. Oh, and i'm not sure if you read completely but I didn't catch this until after my post- it's a bundle of all of the parts. Assembly required.

Note: photo represents the look of the lower receiver kit after assembly. Assembly is NOT included.

Jwood562
11-30-2009, 10:11 PM
adding up all the parts in my head I would say yeah

Tragic Image
11-30-2009, 10:17 PM
Well, if you consider the stripped lower would run you, what, tops $200, the MOE stock would be $50, and the LPK would be $60-80, plus a grip, bullet button and buffer tube assembly... I would say it's a pretty decent price. You have to deal with the hassle of finding a FFL to receive it, the shipping- but if that hassle isn't a problem to you i'd say it is a good buy. Oh, and i'm not sure if you read completely but I didn't catch this until after my post- it's a bundle of all of the parts. Assembly required.

Dude, the place selling that is about 20 minutes from his house.... they are the FFL.

Riflegear has some of the best customer service around!

derwiking
11-30-2009, 10:20 PM
Wasn't aware it was a CA FFL. Well, get out there and buy it then- plenty good deal in my opinion with that in mind.

novabrian
11-30-2009, 10:21 PM
Yeah I figured I would assemble it.

Tragic Image
11-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Wasn't aware it was a CA FFL. Well, get out there and buy it then- plenty good deal in my opinion with that in mind.

Heck Yea!

seriously though, if you haven't been to riflegear yet, you're doing yourself a big dis-service, especially since you live so close. They're great guys, and they're very up to date on just about everything.

Cokebottle
11-30-2009, 10:28 PM
Warning!

Go to Kaiser and get your BRD vaccination before you even pull into the parking lot.
That place is a Class-A biohazard! :D

novabrian
11-30-2009, 10:51 PM
Heck Yea!

seriously though, if you haven't been to riflegear yet, you're doing yourself a big dis-service, especially since you live so close. They're great guys, and they're very up to date on just about everything.

I went today.They were very informative.Cool place.I just wanted to make sure this was a good decision I figured I would get that lower,build it and sit on it for awhile until I decided on an upper.This is my first build.I can field strip my Glock.That's about it.But with youtube,the build link above in the corner and the shop I should be covered.

aermotor
11-30-2009, 11:58 PM
Seem like awesome guys, but honestly I never find them to have good prices compared to their competitors... I always look there when I need stuff but end up going elsewhere sadly. But at 20% off, that looks pretty good, too bad that's not the normal.

aplinker
12-01-2009, 6:57 PM
I'd rather have this:
http://www.riflegear.com/p-574-lmt-defender-lower-with-collapsing-stock-and-standard-trigger.aspx

novabrian
12-01-2009, 7:22 PM
I'd rather have this:
http://www.riflegear.com/p-574-lmt-defender-lower-with-collapsing-stock-and-standard-trigger.aspx

I have decided to go with this.It's gonna be the same price vs. building one.

StraightArch
12-01-2009, 8:37 PM
Warning!

Go to Kaiser and get your BRD vaccination before you even pull into the parking lot.
That place is a Class-A biohazard! :D

That was where I got infected. Brought my son with me the first time, damn boy talked me into getting my first lower:) Now I just got my third. Place has always had great customer service. As far as the deal goes it looks about right and do you want to have to worry about damaging your lower installing the parts? I know when my son was putting in some of those roll pins I was screaming on the inside(of course that's "his" gun).

novabrian
12-01-2009, 8:46 PM
That was where I got infected. Brought my son with me the first time, damn boy talked me into getting my first lower:) Now I just got my third. Place has always had great customer service. As far as the deal goes it looks about right and do you want to have to worry about damaging your lower installing the parts? I know when my son was putting in some of those roll pins I was screaming on the inside(of course that's "his" gun).

That's another thing.I was afraid of damaging it.Knowing me I would have.Maybe in the future I will build one.

Cokebottle
12-01-2009, 9:38 PM
Ya... that completed lower is looking better and better.
$370 + 8.75% tax = 402+$25... plus $27 for a bullet button
OTD for under $460.

I'd love a Calguns lower, but even that's going to be $133 OTD, plus the parts kit, plug the PG, plus the stock and buffer tube.
That stock is $75 if it's the RRA/DPMS, $90 if it's the Stag.
That's $214-231. $75 for the LPK... $290 to $306, plus a bullet button for $27, so it's $317 to $331 OTD

That's for the configuring the CGN lower like the second link posted above... I like that stock better.
So in that case, we're paying about $129-$143 for assembly.

The first link above is only $320+28+25=$373 OTD for the package, but it's not assembled.... and I like the other stock better ;)
The difference between the two kits is only about $85... assembled, with, IMHO, a nicer stock. I know the Magpul is a $100-$150 stock, but I like the Ruger 556 styling of the RRA/DPMS/Stag.

aplinker
12-01-2009, 10:11 PM
You're complicating thing by trying to do "OTD" prices.

Just compare the retail cost, as tax and/or shipping will wash.

The Calguns would be $100+65+90+30(upgraded PG) = $285

The LMT is $85 more expensive. Call factory install $20, the lower $140, the LPK $75 and the LMT stock $100. It's your call as to whether it's worth it.

You can sell an LMT M4 stock for about $40, if you want to upgrade to the $50 MOE.

Ya... that completed lower is looking better and better.
$370 + 8.75% tax = 402+$25... plus $27 for a bullet button
OTD for under $460.

I'd love a Calguns lower, but even that's going to be $133 OTD, plus the parts kit, plug the PG, plus the stock and buffer tube.
That stock is $75 if it's the RRA/DPMS, $90 if it's the Stag.
That's $214-231. $75 for the LPK... $290 to $306, plus a bullet button for $27, so it's $317 to $331 OTD

That's for the configuring the CGN lower like the second link posted above... I like that stock better.
So in that case, we're paying about $129-$143 for assembly.

The first link above is only $320+28+25=$373 OTD for the package, but it's not assembled.... and I like the other stock better ;)
The difference between the two kits is only about $85... assembled, with, IMHO, a nicer stock. I know the Magpul is a $100-$150 stock, but I like the Ruger 556 styling of the RRA/DPMS/Stag.

novabrian
12-01-2009, 11:03 PM
I'm gonna just buy this.

http://www.riflegear.com/p-585-daniel-defense-xv.aspx

Cokebottle
12-01-2009, 11:11 PM
I'm gonna just buy this.
LOL!

I'm just waiting for the phone call/email notifying me that I won this one in the monthly raffle :D :

http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/images/ddm4a.jpg

But I'll still have to go down to Riflegear and pick up a Stag buttstock ;)

aplinker
12-02-2009, 10:06 AM
I'm gonna just buy this.

good choice

novabrian
12-02-2009, 5:18 PM
good choice

Thanks price seems good.The place is local,the guys there a really helpful.I think I have justified it to myself enough to go and get it.I deserve it right! I have no car payments,I don't drink,don't gamble,don't play golf.LOL.