PDA

View Full Version : Anybody catch O'Reilly's pc on the Prop H last night ?

bg
11-08-2005, 12:02 PM
I hope some of you caught Bill's show last night when he brought
up the very valid points of having a sidearm in the house.
He was debating the former stupidvisor Alioto. She
had some of the dumbest reasons not to have a weapon
avail at the house for self-defense I've ever heard.

I hope Preparation H hits the "skids" and fails..Good luck
with the fight SF

Rascal
11-08-2005, 2:47 PM
Any news on how the polls are showing for this?

the proton
11-08-2005, 7:40 PM
58% voting yes, and this is from the absentee votes, which are usually the "conservative" votes.

I'm screwed. I love SF, but it just gets harder and harder to live here. Now I get to put all my hope in the court system. Of course if you read the text of the initiative the board of stupervisors can amend at any time they see fit. so every court victory will result in another change to the law, and another lawsuit, etc....

This sucks:mad:

E__WOK
11-08-2005, 8:09 PM
The sorry thing is less than 10% of the population voted.

RRangel
11-08-2005, 8:53 PM
58% voting yes, and this is from the absentee votes, which are usually the "conservative" votes.

I'm screwed. I love SF, but it just gets harder and harder to live here. Now I get to put all my hope in the court system. Of course if you read the text of the initiative the board of stupervisors can amend at any time they see fit. so every court victory will result in another change to the law, and another lawsuit, etc....

This sucks:mad:

Even if it passes I think it has a big change at being struck down. How is the city going to enforce it? They're doing it because they want to "feel" like they're doing something, but in reality they already tried it when Feinstein was in charge. The ban lost then, and it will probably get struck down again.

What arguement are they going to use this time when it was ruled illegal then? These people don't learn anything.

50ae
11-09-2005, 4:56 AM
Looks like they were probably dead voters in this case.

alcmaeon
11-09-2005, 10:08 AM
", and this is from the absentee votes, which are usually the "conservative" votes."

I have not seen anything statistically up-to-date but I don't think California absentee ballots are conservative anymore. It used to be that Military personal, retired (older) folks and overseas business types were the ones using absentee ballots and they are all conservative groups for the most part.
Now, with the big push for anyone to use absentee ballots and to even be put on the list to automatically get an absentee ballot every time in California that conservative bent is probably history. My 30 something wife and I both vote absentee and have for a couple years now, and we live in the Bay Area and are not quite retired yet. Yep, I'm to da-- lazy to wait in line at the polls, though I would if it were less convenient to get an absentee ballot. :rolleyes:

Inoxmark
11-10-2005, 6:59 AM
Back to O'Reilly. I think he did buy himself a firearm after Katrina. I the past he was spouting a lot of mildly anti-gun propaganda, now as a gunowner he will educate himself really quick on the real situation, gun laws, what an AK47 really is, etc. SF ban certainly got his attention, he has had several follow-ups to that story already ridiculing proponents of the ban.
He is referencing 2ndA as the force that would stop gun bans in SF and elsewhere, apparently unaware that courts have been trampling 2ndA for years and it had pretty much became pretty much pointless to reference the amendment in court. I don't think it would take long for O'Reilly to learn that. I am looking forward to segments about the beat down Second Amendment. A loud mouth that he is, with the large nationwide audience that he has, can really help our side.

MaxQ
11-10-2005, 7:27 AM
O'Reilly's last comment as they cut to commercial - "Get a rifle."

Unfortunately, he has the same sheeple mindset that ARs, AKs, etc., are unnecessary and dangerous.